Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ, ILI, 9w1 sp/sx
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is to engage in conversation with members of this quadra, to ask questions and (hopefully) receive answers from deltas, and otherwise develop a better understanding of this quadra group through direct interaction and/or observation. This thread is for general discussion about whatever is on your mind, but is particularly focused on discussion between those who belong to the delta quadra.

Good information (in my opinion) on the delta quadra can be found here: Delta Quadra - Wikisocion

If you are not a delta you are still welcome to post in this thread, but posts from those identifying themselves as belonging to the delta quadra are highly encouraged so that others can benefit from examining the way in which deltas tend to express themselves. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the delta quadra itself as well, and maybe a delta or two will be interested in giving some first-hand feedback on their own perspectives.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I spent long enough in Delta, so I'll put in a post. *waves*

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
@Zeit

Report, soldier.

Reactions: outlawshaman

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So, my fellow deltas, how does it feel to be in this quadra for you?
Delta doesn't quite fit me, which is why I stopped typing EII. Fi + Ne is way too forgiving and willing to see the good in offenders for my taste; Fi + Se values fit way better. However, I still hang out in the Delta Lounge on the16types. It's home, in a way, and I don't see a reason to move yet. Most of the Deltas there are pretty cool, and nice people. I suppose my father is probably a Delta (LSE > LIE, probably E1 as well), and we get along well enough when our views aren't conflicting (then there are explosions). He's very helpful, and I can go to him for advice when I want to hear what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I can say that it fits me very well. Having Fi blocked with Ne has a really relaxing feeling for me and I feel either prone to engage in these behaviors spontaneously or valuing individuals that are also prone to do the same. With these people, conversations often go very well and fluidly, which is very interesting.

And having Fe in my PoLR also makes it hard to identify with Beta and Alpha.

Why people say that the Delta quadra is the boring quadra?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
o.o this should work out nicely...there are a lot of deltas on the INFJ and INFP forums, plus the ISTJ forums.

I'd say the INFP forums are full of deltas and alphas...mostly deltas imo.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
o.o this should work out nicely...there are a lot of deltas on the INFJ and INFP forums, plus the ISTJ forums.

I'd say the INFP forums are full of deltas and alphas...mostly deltas imo.
It wouldn't surprise me to find that there are many INFP Deltas, if Fi + Ne in MBTI operates in a similar manner as Fi + Ne in MBTI (specifically being more accepting of differences and willing to focus on why an offender is doing something and therefore more willing to extend mercy and kindness). That said, I've heard MBTI Fi itself described as being kind of laid-back and open and understanding so long as certain buttons are not pushed. So... *shrug*

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Why people say that the Delta quadra is the boring quadra?
I wonder if it has anything to do with Fi + Si. Basically, less outwardly/intensely expressive while also being more chill overall (as compared to Se, which can be pushy and combative).

As an aside to the above post, I must say that MBTI Fi is rather weird to me. It's like, "some Fi types are laid back and accepting until buttons are pushed" (though if that's the case, how are they accepting in the first place?), and then there are the more judgmental Fi types who seem to often be portrayed as unhealthy and in need of self-improvement. The latter tends to piss me off, actually. As I've said more than once, there's a difference between deciding someone else's actions/habits are wrong and treating them like crap/a lesser person because of it.

And then, if MBTI Fi types come unglued when their values are crossed, how do they support individual values over group values? If they truly respect everyone's right to behave according to their own moral/value system, wouldn't they shrug it off and move on?

(I think I'll just cross-post this rant to the CF subforum for less confusing discussion.)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I wonder if it has anything to do with Fi + Si. Basically, less outwardly/intensely expressive while also being more chill overall (as compared to Se, which can be pushy and combative).

As an aside to the above post, I must say that MBTI Fi is rather weird to me. It's like, "some Fi types are laid back and accepting until buttons are pushed" (though if that's the case, how are they accepting in the first place?), and then there are the more judgmental Fi types who seem to often be portrayed as unhealthy and in need of self-improvement. The latter tends to piss me off, actually. As I've said more than once, there's a difference between deciding someone else's actions/habits are wrong and treating them like crap/a lesser person because of it.

And then, if MBTI Fi types come unglued when their values are crossed, how do they support individual values over group values? If they truly respect everyone's right to behave according to their own moral/value system, wouldn't they shrug it off and move on?

(I think I'll just cross-post this rant to the CF subforum for less confusing discussion.)
I agree with you.

I've never thought about the vibe that Si+Fi give, but that definitely makes sense. They say that Si is quite self-centered and given Fi propensity to make the judgements in the personal way it does, I can see how we're not out there with our behavior. It's just weird, because I thought IEEs would be quite lively.

Regarding Fi, I still feel like I'd like to see an in-depth explanation of the judgment functions that aren't focused on buzzwords such as ethics, values and feelings. Perception functions are quite easy to grasp, even the Introverted Intuition, but any of the judgement functions just leave me quite lost in translation.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've never thought about the vibe that Si+Fi give, but that definitely makes sense. They say that Si is quite self-centered and given Fi propensity to make the judgements in the personal way it does, I can see how we're not out there with our behavior. It's just weird, because I thought IEEs would be quite lively.
Si in Socionics is not necessarily self-centered. Si egos are known as Caregivers. They not only want their bodies comfortable/in balance but seek to correct any discomfort/imbalance in others as well. That's the thing about ego functions in socionics. We view and engage the world through those functions, not only operating through them for ourselves but using them for others as well. When others don't value or appreciate the IM elements we naturally express - that's where socionic conflict comes in.

I don't mean to imply that IEE is the sedentary couch potato sort. :p They probably are pretty lively and expressive compared to the other Deltas. (Demonstrative Fe?)

Regarding Fi, I still feel like I'd like to see an in-depth explanation of the judgment functions that aren't focused on buzzwords such as ethics, values and feelings.
Well, those things definitely are part of Fi's manifestation. Basically, we focus on how things and other people make us feel. Do I like this person? Do I dislike them? Do I hate them and never want to see their face again? And so forth. We not only focus on how things make us feel but also on how things make others feel. The Fi-ego in a group may object to the subject matter because it offends or hurts another person in the group, not just the Fi-user him/herself. Of course, that doesn't mean we all strive only to preserve others' feelings. It may depend on how we feel about the person in question. Because we very naturally focus on what we like and dislike, we certainly can have a well-established system of values. That doesn't mean this value system is necessarily consistent to the outside viewer, or even consistent to us. What is OK from one person may not be OK from another; it depends on the relationship. Which is another thing we can focus on: relational distance. Are we friends? Are we enemies? How can I tell?

One reason ethics tends to be mentioned with Fi (aside from it technically being called Introverted Ethics) is because maneuvering successfully within the sphere of others' feelings and seeking to respect/not offend those feelings can be considered an ethical matter.

Where Delta Fi diverges from Gamma Fi is basically what is done with those feelings. Delta Fi, being blocked with Ne, (what could be) may say, "I don't like what this person is doing, but I know that he/she has the potential to be a better person. I won't judge them too harshly now." Gamma Fi, being blocked with Se (what is), is more likely to say, "I don't like what this person is doing. Clearly they are a bad person, and I want nothing to do with them." Or, alternately, "Smite his ass!" ^.^ Gammas tend to be more judgmental than Deltas, and their character assessments, once made, are far less likely to change.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I liked the distinction between gamma and delta Fi. It looks like you're really knowledgeable in Socionics.

I'm kind of get my bearings around, to be fair. I've considered an achievement to be able to write the types through their three-letter code rather than mixing 'em up with MBTI codes. But what I meant by Si being self-centered is that it really takes anything through a personal, self-based approach first, so it's not entirely objective per se.

And hell yeah, on socionics conflict. I totally get this point.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I liked the distinction between gamma and delta Fi. It looks like you're really knowledgeable in Socionics.
Thanks. I understand parts of it far more than others. Explaining Fi is very easy for me, since it's my base and one thing I really know I am; and Aestrivex's quadra articles really helped me understand the difference between Delta Fi and Gamma Fi. Ni and the Logical IM elements still elude me.

I'm kind of get my bearings around, to be fair. I've considered an achievement to be able to write the types through their three-letter code rather than mixing 'em up with MBTI codes.
It's fine. We've all been there.

But what I meant by Si being self-centered is that it really takes anything through a personal, self-based approach first, so it's not entirely objective per se.
I don't get what you mean by this. I couldn't say whether Si egos look to themselves before anyone else, if that's what you were going for. If you meant that they operate off their Si-flavored personal interpretation of what others need, I think that's true of plenty other IM elements in the base position.

And hell yeah, on socionics conflict. I totally get this point.
Yep. My house is pretty interesting for that. My parents are ESE and LSE. I'm Fi-base (leaning toward ESI). My little brother is likely Fe-quadra; I've considered SLE before. No idea what my little sister is - some kind of Rational Sensor, not Alpha. The fights/disputes are pretty amazing.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't get what you mean by this. I couldn't say whether Si egos look to themselves before anyone else, if that's what you were going for. If you meant that they operate off their Si-flavored personal interpretation of what others need, I think that's true of plenty other IM elements in the base position.
I can say, however, that both of my parents are very self-sacrificial in their own way and will put others' needs before their own. So this isn't 100% true either.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
This is my current definition of Fi, which I revise occasionally:

Fi is about having a strong sense of one's ideal relationships with objects/situations (Fi-Se) or concepts (Fi-Ne). How these things should be treated, and how one should feel about them ideally. Like Ti, Fi is logical and analytical. Fi seeks to be internally consistent but may appear externally adaptable in the sense that they don't impose their ideals on others.
I think the way Fi manifests can vary a lot depending on differences in functions and enneagram type. As a 9w8, my Fi is about acceptance and noninterference. It's about accepting people as they are and not trying to change them or impose my values on them. I want others to respect me as well and not try to change me. If I were a 9w1, I would still be accepting for the most part, but there would be a greater emphasis on ideals and expectations that could make me more rigid and judgmental on issues I care about. If I were a Fe 9, I would likely still be accepting due to being a 9, but for Fe reasons. I would be accepting for the sake of harmony of maintaining good relationships with people. As a Fi 9, my focus on acceptance comes from feeling that being accepting and nonjudgmental is what's right for me. If I were an ESI, my focus probably wouldn't be so much on being accepting and non-imposing, and would instead be on acting in accordance with my ideals.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me to find that there are many INFP Deltas, if Fi + Ne in MBTI operates in a similar manner as Fi + Ne in MBTI (specifically being more accepting of differences and willing to focus on why an offender is doing something and therefore more willing to extend mercy and kindness). That said, I've heard MBTI Fi itself described as being kind of laid-back and open and understanding so long as certain buttons are not pushed. So... *shrug*
That is actually very accurate in my experience. I'm easy going and friendly, accept everyone for who they are :p hell I don't even want ETJs to change. The drastic, hardline, angry, stance for Fi values is a manifestation of self defense. I'm a 6 so mine is triggered easier then lets say a type 9 Fi dom's would be.

When your ego is under heavy assault :p you bring out the big guns right?

1 - 20 of 1869 Posts