Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, my name is Graziela and I'm just a new member here. Well, I'm from Brazil...sorry for my grammar mistakes. I caught myself into depression has 4 years, exactly. I took the MBTI test and I've got that I am an ENFP and to Socionics test I've got that I am an Fi ENFP - IEE ENFp. The problem is that I have an INTJ friend addicted to guess types and she says that I'm not ENFP, she says that I'm ESFJ or ISFJ, because I seem to have Fe in my functions, then I don't know which type I might be. I see myself as an unhealthy ENFP, but in all my entire life I just lived as an xSFJ, but I speak many foreign languages, my lifestyle is similar to ENFP's lifestyle (hobby and things they love to do), my INTJ friend said me that I should take a look in the functions and try to understand me by the functions, but by the dichotomy. My question is: How can I know that I'm a depressed ENFP? Are depresseds ENFPs able to use Fe function when they are down? I don't know if I'm xSFJ instead of ENFP. What's the difference between Ti in ESFJ and Te in ENFP? I have so many doubts and I read all the topics of this forum and my doubts are still going on in my mind...thanks if you reply me :laughing:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hooray for Brazilian ENFPs! Oi Graziela! Yeah ENFPs are able to use Fe, even if they are depressed. Especially ENFP type 2s. However if the question is between ENFP and xSFJ, then you shouldn't worry too much about Fe vs Fi and Te vs Ti. You should focus on if you are more Ne or more Si, that would be the biggest difference.

Here's a cognitive functions test if you're interested. A warning though, that test has difficult questions in my opinion. Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you. Could you please explain me how Fe works in ENFPs suffering of depression? Hahaha, do you speak Portuguese? Thank you! But if you are an unhealthy ENFP, you can look like someone who is ESFJ or am I wrong? I didn't get how Ti works in ESFJs very well and how Fi works in ENFPs...I'm not organized, I like messy, I like reading books, writing poems, watching movies, dance...I love most of the things that ENFPs do love, but at this moment, I'm suffering of depression and I'm stuck in one situation, then, I was in a community for MBTI lovers and I didn't discuss about politics or theorical things, I was quiet and shy, I was talking about my inner world, my problems, my past and I was trying to create a nice atmosphere in that environment, then I said to everyone that they were intelligent and brilliant, in a proposital way, trying to make they like me, but in a proposital way, I felt inside of me that wasnt me. Perhaps, a INTJ there said me that I'm ESFJ because of that all I have done or said there. I'm confused...I don't see Ti or Fe as dominant function in me...I took the test you left here and my result was INFP/ENFP.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Lo
Thank you. Could you please explain me how Fe works in ENFPs suffering of depression? Hahaha, do you speak Portuguese? Thank you! But if you are an unhealthy ENFP, you can look like someone who is ESFJ or am I wrong? I didn't get how Ti works in ESFJs very well and how Fi works in ENFPs...I'm not organized, I like messy, I like reading books, writing poems, watching movies, dance...I love most of the things that ENFPs do love, but at this moment, I'm suffering of depression and I'm stuck in one situation, then, I was in a community for MBTI lovers and I didn't discuss about politics or theorical things, I was quiet and shy, I was talking about my inner world, my problems, my past and I was trying to create a nice atmosphere in that environment, then I said to everyone that they were intelligent and brilliant, in a proposital way, trying to make they like me, but in a proposital way, I felt inside of me that wasnt me. Perhaps, a INTJ there said me that I'm ESFJ because of that all I have done or said there. I'm confused...I don't see Ti or Fe as dominant function in me...I took the test you left here and my result was INFP/ENFP.

I'm no expert on MBTI type but the functions of the ENFP are different. Dont just throught in an S. You cant replace the N with S only the entire function stacking will change.

Look up the function and see how you identify with them:

Extraverted iNtuition Ne
Introverted Feeling Fi
Extraverted Thinking Te
Introverted Sensing Si

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I only know 8 words in Portuguese at the moment. I need to learn a lot more though, because I plan on going to Carnival next year! I really don't think a depressed ENFP would look like an ESFJ, that just doesn't make too much sense to me. I have troubles with depression myself, and it makes me more like an INFP.

Here's a socionics description I found of Fe in ENFPs
The IEE appreciates situations where people are enjoying a positive emotional atmosphere as in having fun and joking together, and is quite adept at creating them himself, but does not see creating or promoting them a top priority, nor does he actively look for people who maintain or need such an atmosphere; too high a focus on that is seen by an IEE as overdone. He can be very empathetic and will frequently comfort his friends and acquaintances, mostly letting them vent to him, offering suggestions as to what to do about it. These are usually practical. The IEE may offer a more optimistic viewpoint, but will not press the matter if the optimism is not received well. He is usually genuinely concerned, but refuses to let the negative energy affect him. This may eventually become tiring if it persists as he will feel guilty for being happy in the face of those close to him being miserable. The IEE does not like conflict between people one bit; he would rather stay on everyone's good side and keep in good terms with both sides of a conflict, preferring not to be judged by his affiliation with one side or another. In such situations he says very little that would give away where he truly sides on an issue.
I'm still with doubts...
Every test you take gives you ENFP results, and you love most of the things that ENFPs love. That should be proof enough. Why should one single INTJ's opinion counter all of that evidence?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I only know 8 words in Portuguese at the moment. I need to learn a lot more though, because I plan on going to Carnival next year! I really don't think a depressed ENFP would look like an ESFJ, that just doesn't make too much sense to me. I have troubles with depression myself, and it makes me more like an INFP.

Here's a socionics description I found of Fe in ENFPs

Every test you take gives you ENFP results, and you love most of the things that ENFPs love. That should be proof enough. Why should one single INTJ's opinion counter all of that evidence?

Do you have a Facebook page? If you have, I can help you to learn how to speak Portuguese! I studied MBTI and I found out that ENFPs in depression, they look like ISTJ, they use more Si and Te functions. I have troubles with depression and anxiey also, I don't know what type I'm, I'm really confused between ISFJ and ENFP, I wish someone could help me, I don't know who I'm anymore, indeed, hahahaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts