• yes

Votes: 62 68.9%
  • no

Votes: 28 31.1%
1 - 20 of 1347 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!! I need the sunlight desperately when it is dark and cold.. The sun penetrates my soul :happy:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
i love the winter. im partly bipolar, i get blues randomly.

·
Registered
530 Posts
i love the winter. im partly bipolar, i get blues randomly.
I also get blues randomly, admittedly the sun wont stop a depression for me but it certainly lifts my spirits in okay mode and I instantly realise I've been under par or gloomy. Perhaps a sunny personality would get me through the winter though:wink:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
No, because I appreciate the things about the season that are beautiful.

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
I don't really get significantly more blue in the winter. Summer is often the low point for me. During the school year, I have the day partially planned out, and I kind of like it that way. Then summer comes along, and promises get broken, nothing gets done, friends flake out on plans we've made; it's a mess of disappointment. Still, I hate the cold of winter, so I still prefer summer.

Things have gotten better though.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
>.> I like winter. I like spring. I like summer. I like fall.....

I don't get seasonal depression because there is stuff I like about them all.

Hehe. I went all Dr. Seuss.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I actually get more depressed during the summer...hmmm...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Cold and dismal is fine; I just don't like below 10F. I also hate when the weather is over 75. Spring and autumn are the best.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I notice myself being a lot more happy when the time changes and it is i light out later...it just, makes me feel good. I hate getting off of work and it being really dark, it makes me feel like the night is over. When it is light for 3 hours after I get off of work, I just feel like I can get more done, and there is more to to the day. I always gain weight in the winter from stress eating too. :blushed:

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I notice myself being a lot more happy when the time changes and it is i light out later...it just, makes me feel good. I hate getting off of work and it being really dark, it makes me feel like the night is over. When it is light for 3 hours after I get off of work, I just feel like I can get more done, and there is more to to the day. I always gain weight in the winter from stress eating too. :blushed:
I'm the same way. But I notice a change in my attitude even if it's a cloudy day. I'll feel better if the sun comes out. And I hate waking up before the dawn.

·
Banned
409 Posts
I love autumn and winter, but I can't stand it when it's cloudy for weeks without a single day of sunshine in between.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I suddenly have an urge to move to Queensland.
I have urges to move to a better location for myself also, I've had this urge for far too long, but am at the stage now where I feel I am actively working towards that actualization. But where? hmmm, New Zealand perhaps? .. hell, any old dusty corner of nowhere will do.. as long as it's more compatible with my orientation than ...well here :tongue:.
Climate is one of the many considerations in my plans :wink:

Where do you live Nightriser? Would you really consider moving to Austrailia?

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Where do you live Nightriser? Would you really consider moving to Austrailia?
I live in the middle of the East Coast of the US. We have a nice, temperate climate, but I still can't stand the winters. I've grown up here, so I should be used to it, but I hate it. The snow drives me nuts because I don't like the idea of being snowed in, even if I spend 98% of my time in my bedroom.

Anyway, I have considered moving to Georgia, US, Texas, US, or somewhere else where it never snows (or drops below 55 degrees F). I'm not sure I'd move to Australia, because if I want to go abroad, I want to go where the culture is very different, like India or Japan. In Australia, the culture is probably too similar to that of the US for it to be interesting, although I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm not sure I'd move to Australia, because if I want to go abroad, I want to go where the culture is very different, like India or Japan. In Australia, the culture is probably too similar to that of the US for it to be interesting, although I don't know for sure.
Me neither to be honest, but New Zealand is similar enough to not be too hard an adjustment but different enough to fall in love with. Austraila is too similar, or maybe just in parts, I don't know.

The main reason I’m drawn to New Zealand is because of its apparent unique and dynamic culture. And they rate the outdoors and the arts which appeals to me. Its climate would suit me better, and its beautiful landscape would be amazing to live by. It is known to be one of the least crowded countries in the world; which is ideal for me as over-population genuinely freaks me out and I hate the cattle (human) herding and “sheep mentality” I am so acutely aware of here.

But I am not set on New Zealand by no means and I have no idea of details regarding immigration etc .. I just know there is better places to be..for me that is. India and Japan have their appeal but are too crowded for me for a start..

..so sorry, I seem to have derailed terribly selfishly from your thread Beloved. Apologies :blushed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I HATE the winter. I'm from Iowa, moved to Wisconsin when I was 15. In Iowa, there was a constant 20 mph wind, along with an average of a foot and a half of snow all over the place. The winds would howl all night, in the day, the wind chill was usually under 0. Blizzards were pretty common, along with whiteout conditions. On the flip side, the weather sucked back in Iowa, but missing school 3 or 4 days a year was great, who couldn't use more days off in the winter?

Wisconsin winters are miserable too, but for different reasons. There is a lot more snow, less wind. More shoveling, more bitching and moaning about the shoveling. The people up here are more open about their dislike for the winter. There is much more negativity about it up here (actually, there are a lot more depressed people up here, and people with other disorders, than in Iowa).

I like all the other seasons except winter, Fall is my favorite, I love the leaves, my birthday is Sept. 24, and I love hoodie weather. Winter definitely makes my spirits drop, espiecally around Christmas. God I hate Christmas!

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I wonder, might INFPs and the other sensitive types be more easily pushed into SAD?

1 - 20 of 1347 Posts