·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know but its very interesting.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I tried to imagine how this tone could translate to human beings... Then I thought about vikings beating drums keeping pace for vessels, or the drumcorps that would accompany collonial soldiers.... Doesn't seem like a new concept...

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I plan to experiment with anchoring. I might already be doing something like that by associating certain kinds of music with a feeling of calm, but I imagine that having something I could do anywhere to create the effect at will would be more useful.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Meh, this just seems weird to me. The whole idea of being 'trained' to be a certain way just doesn't attract me one bit.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you do have a choice if you want to be depressed. I mean in the moment it doesn't feel like it. But if you distract your self I find that it works. But this is a little different from what I do when I feel sad.

·
Registered
201 Posts
@Silhouetree: it gives you just the choice if you want to be down, or not
(or with evry other emotional state)
becouse tt adds another alternative to your conventional emotions.

NLP in general seems a great tool for advancing the own personality, and too to get rid of phobias (like social ones)

But as I mentioned, im just at the beginning... but I see it real optimistic (and there are lots of people out there who really changed their lifes/selfs)

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Why not just stop being depressed when you're depressed? I've done it before and it really helped. :happy: You don't even need to train yourself to do that.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Why not just stop being depressed when you're depressed? I've done it before and it really helped. :happy: You don't even need to train yourself to do that.
You imply that it can be done in a snap. If that is the case, then you did not have depression.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
You imply that it can be done in a snap. If that is the case, then you did not have depression.
Nope, I was pretty depressed. I, however, just got over it because it was the consequence of my actions and thus I had to leave with it. I'm one of those people that if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a damn thing. Your life is your life, you live by the sword. You die by the sword. (Did that make sense?).

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I've always said that my sword is my shield.
If you know the right techniques that is possible. :happy: I know the right techniques.

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
I, however, just got over it because it was the consequence of my actions and thus I had to leave with it.
Could you clarify?

I'm one of those people that if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a damn thing. Your life is your life, you live by the sword. You die by the sword. (Did that make sense?).
This part was crystal clear. However, a person with depression typically cannot *just* snap out of it. Well, fine, I shouldn't speak for others. My point is that there is a loss of motivation and feeling of worth. It obviously embodies an emotional disorientation. Unless you have some external guidance, not everyone will be able to find their way out. But I think I see what you're saying.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Meh, this just seems weird to me. The whole idea of being 'trained' to be a certain way just doesn't attract me one bit.
I am constantly training myself to move closer to my ideal, focusing my feelings until they align with my values. Does that count?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I tend to overcome my depression via really crappy writing that I would never dare to show to anyone. Writing down my thoughts in this way allows me to express them without repelling people, plus it's kind of entertaining at times to reread it, because I say very bitter, sarcastic, over the top things when I'm depressed, which in retrospect come out kind of hilarious. Plus I'm too self-aware about my own writing to avoid commenting on it as I write it, which enables me to serve as sort of a counselor to myself, which sounds stupid, I guess, but my brain is weird enough that it actually seems to work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts