1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Are you having an existential crisis?

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I've got cabin fevaahhh... I is stuck in a ruuut... I need air.. Novelty.. SOMETHING NEW..

My Ne is going so crazy and stressed out that I'm in an Ne-Fe loop. BWAAAAAAAA..

But it'll go away.. It always goes away.. Always transient.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
yeah i get deprssion also - usually in january or februarey with no sunshine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello. Sorry you're depressed so thanks for taking the time to review this post. Consider the philosophies/lectures of Alan Watts. He's out there but offers some thoughts on life.

Practical view- Search Youtube- RSA Shorts How to find your element, Ken Robinson. (2:42)

Forgive me if it's intrusive or I'm presuming too much but I hope other viewpoints/quotes on dissonance and human growth entertain you:

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low- self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact surrounded by assholes."

- Steven Winterburn

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was. You’d better rearrange your beliefs, then. Because you certainly can’t rearrange the universe."

— Isaac Asimov

"You are about to start the greatest improvisation of all. With no script, with no idea of what’s going to happen, often with people and places you have never seen before, and you are not in control. So say yes. And if you’re lucky, find people who will say yes back. Now, will saying yes get you in trouble at times? Will saying yes lead you to do some foolish things? Yes, it will. But don’t be afraid to be a fool. Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it, because cynics don’t learn anything, because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness—a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no, but saying yes begins things. Saying yes is how things grow. Saying yes leads to knowledge. Yes is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say yes."

— Stephen Colbert

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it leads you off the well worn path; and that will make all the difference.”

-Steve Jobs

"The Cosmos may be densely populated with intelligent beings. But the Darwinian lesson is clear: There will be no humans elsewhere. Only here. Only on this small planet. We are a rare as well as an endangered species. Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another."

— Carl Sagan

"The chances of each of us coming into existence are infinitesimally small, and even though we shall all die some day, we should count ourselves fantastically lucky to get our decades in the sun."

-Richard Dawkins

“The concept of an embryo is a staggering one, and forming an embryo is the hardest thing you will ever do. To become an Embryo, you had to build yourself from a single cell. You had to respire before you had lungs, digest before you had a gut, build bones when you were pulpy, and form orderly arrays of neurons before you knew how to think. One of the critical differences between you and a machine is that a machine is never required to function until after it is built. Every animal has to function even as it builds itself.”

— Gilbert

“If I had to give you one piece of advice it would be this: Don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions. Only mediocrity is sure of itself, so take risks and do what you really want to do. Seek out people who aren’t afraid of making mistakes and who, therefore, do make mistakes. Because of that, their work often isn’t recognized, but they are precisely the kind of people who change the world and, after many mistakes, do something that will transform their own community completely.”

— Paulo Coelho

"What I am really saying is that you don’t need to do anything, because if you see yourself in the correct way, you are all as much extraordinary phenomena of nature as trees, clouds, the patterns in running water, the flickering of fire, the arrangement of the stars, and the form of a galaxy. You are all just like that, and there is nothing wrong with you at all."

— Alan Watts

“The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation. For me, I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.”

— Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"Vulnerability is not weakness. And that myth is profoundly dangerous… I define vulnerability as emotional risk, exposure, uncertainty. It fuels our daily lives."

— Brené Brown

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck ... When I'm feeling depressed I like to process it and think it out. When I find at least one reason why I may be depressed, I can at least have closure and move on.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
look at dat INFJ response, helping yo ENTP bro out
respect

Reactions: chessio

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm actually excited for you that you are in a rut.

Let me explain. And I will keep this EXTREMELY brief.

I find that dominant intuitive types, when in ruts, end said rut by consciously noticing they have to improve themselves.

My guess would be that you are between the ages of 20-25?

Post as much as you'd like on the forum. We'll help you out.

Personal growth is hard, but ultimately, the most beautiful part of life.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm working through it right now.

Even when life is going really well, you feel utter despair. So weird.

I think that I'm mostly through it. Mixture of losing my faith, existential crisis, random bursts of anger, feeling completely unloved...

What has helped most is having people to talk to. To help you get through difficult feelings.
What I did most was deep thinking and rationalization. This sort of dangerous, cause it's not that far off from falling into those depressive thoughts. Just think through and find what is bothering you and try to deal with it.

It's not really a bad thing though, as long as you make it through. It helps you to grow as a person, find what really matters and has meaning in your life. Get over some fears and anxieties, slowly but surely I guess. Having people make you do things you enjoy is good as well. Help you get past things that you feel are holding you back.

Anyways I hope I helped, somewhat. This is just subjective experience, but maybe you can find some commonality.

I would also be very curious to know what others have to say on the matter, help is still needed somewhat on my part, if you feel like it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm working through it right now.

Even when life is going really well, you feel utter despair. So weird.

I think that I'm mostly through it. Mixture of losing my faith, existential crisis, random bursts of anger, feeling completely unloved...

What has helped most is having people to talk to. To help you get through difficult feelings.
What I did most was deep thinking and rationalization. This sort of dangerous, cause it's not that far off from falling into those depressive thoughts. Just think through and find what is bothering you and try to deal with it.

It's not really a bad thing though, as long as you make it through. It helps you to grow as a person, find what really matters and has meaning in your life. Get over some fears and anxieties, slowly but surely I guess. Having people make you do things you enjoy is good as well. Help you get past things that you feel are holding you back.

Anyways I hope I helped, somewhat. This is just subjective experience, but maybe you can find some commonality.

I would also be very curious to know what others have to say on the matter, help is still needed somewhat on my part, if you feel like it.
Is there a source for your signature gif?
and is it a an analogy or allegory (don't tell me i want to figure what the meaning is if it is (Y)

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
I've was stuck in a rut earlier this year.

But whenever you come out of it (and yes, sometimes you do need meds or therapy, nothing wrong with that) you'll learn a lot about your self and the world around you.

For instance, I'm pretty sure I grew a heart during this past year. Or "developed my Fe function" if you will. I'm a bit more compassionate I think. I also developed a moral compass, if that makes sense. I eradicated toxic people from my life. I solidified relationships/friendships I already had, I made new friends.

Yes, these things suck and make you miserable. But you never walk away from them empty handed.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
All (err, most?) Ni/Ne primary users go through it.

I went through mine from the end of Januaryish to May. It was that long.

I have seen quite a few Ni/Ne primary users go through it. I offered to help. Only 2 INTJs willingly allowed me to help them, and I worked with them. They are doing pretty well now.

I think talking to your best friends does help a little bit, but actually talking to someone who has gone through it and knows how to get through it I think is an invaluable resource.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts