Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever listen to a song and think about how deep and powerful the lyrics are only to look up the actual lyrics and realize they're not as deep as you thought they were? Kind of disappointing. Example:

I interpreted the part that goes: "You wanna hide beneath the pretty paint" as "You wanna hide beneath the pretty pain" which sounds more interesting to me since the words "pretty" and "pain" shouldn't really go together but they some how do in my mind.

What about you? Have any examples?

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is sort of the opposite of what you've requested, but whatever.

Just Dance I first thought wasn't deep at all. Then when I listened to the acoustic piano version, it sounds so much sadder. I find that this is the case with a few more of her songs as well.

original

acoustic

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

For me, the song is 'Learn you inside out' by Lifehouse. My absolute favorite line, as it turns out, wasn't what I thought it was. The real lyrics:

Time isn't on our side
All we have is now
For the rest of our lives
Let's stay up all night

I thought it said:

Time isn't on our side
All we have is love
For the rest of our lives
Let's stay up all night

I just find the concept of being so in love that you don't even want to part for sleep incredibly romantic. When I knew the real lyric, it felt more like a commentary on mortality than romance.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ever listen to a song and think about how deep and powerful the lyrics are only to look up the actual lyrics and realize they're not as deep as you thought they were? Kind of disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1GlTSm9XLtY

I interpreted the part that goes: "You wanna hide beneath the pretty paint" as "You wanna hide beneath the pretty pain" which sounds more interesting to me since the words "pretty" and "pain" shouldn't really go together but they some how do in my mind.

What about you? Have any examples?
It's happened but I don't recall the music.

You know, it's about time a band do some MBTI themed songs! Like, that song I might name "In the Grip".

You're right, "You wanna hide beneath the pretty pain" is much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts