Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says.. heh. I've seen the Jeremy/FAT retyping stuff come up enough. Take those thread derails here. :p

PS: Do note I'm not inviting any ad hominem crap here. The thread title isn't meant to imply that either. Just simply a place for those recurring off topic thingies.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're clearly an ILE, @myst91.
Lol, and you may go back to EIE. ;p

Anyway, I was serious. (Idk how much this is against the rules but I assumed it's fine as long as it's not personal attacks blahblah)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
So jeremy fella is banned for some more weeks/months so not sure it is fair to discuss him. I say this, haters are hating. I am not sure but I have only seen ILI say that he is Ti-lead. Which is interesting. People are typing on association and in emotional content it seem.

FAT is clearly not Ti-base. He is a poet writer guy who back in the days spend load of time in INFJ-forum from what I remember. I think people have a thing agains Ti until they read what some real Ti-lead type write and start to chill down a bit.

Very interesting and weird ways of typing have been presented in these cases. And most of all people get sick of being 'typed' from others based on little to no information. Do ILI have a thing when they try to protect their precious duals' PoLR? Ohwel, these cases of typing have mostly been use from what I see as attacks and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I think people have a thing agains Ti until they read what some real Ti-lead type write and start to chill down a bit.
I have been suspicious of this. I see every fictional psychopath being typed as an LSI. I see Jeremy and FAT, two people who are highly disagreeable being typed as LSIs.

I also see FAT behaving in an irrational-style way; it's that 'no-absolute truths' approach that just doesn't gel with my way of thinking. Likewise, I see Jeremy's focus on being a mainstream Socionist rather than thinking for himself.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah there is way many too misconceptions about Ti.

@Fried Eggz very good points. I do see the Te superid in Jeremy in how he clings to the only one objective way of thinking and then just applies that without delving deep in logical evaluation.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Yeah there is way many too misconceptions about Ti.

@Fried Eggz very good points. I do see the Te superid in Jeremy in how he clings to the only one objective way of thinking and then just applies that without delving deep in logical evaluation.
it is weird. I think that function is one of the most straight forward. But there are misconceptions about all functions. Most of them I think is from people that been wrongly typed, get to learn everything of that type and just adopting that identity and then blasting away their experiences and connect that to these functions that belong to an other type. Then this information goes around in peoples minds and get spread on the internet like a virus. :/

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have been suspicious of this. I see every fictional psychopath being typed as an LSI. I see Jeremy and FAT, two people who are highly disagreeable being typed as LSIs.
Every dictator ever (who isn't​ Napoleon or Stalin) is an EIE, too.

Do ILI have a thing when they try to protect their precious duals' PoLR? Ohwel, these cases of typing have mostly been use from what I see as attacks and nothing else.
Got any examples of this in action?

FAT is clearly not Ti-base. He is a poet writer guy who back in the days spend load of time in INFJ-forum from what I remember. I think people have a thing agains Ti until they read what some real Ti-lead type write and start to chill down a bit. .
Some of that was to do with the seemingly overemphasized yet middling use of intuition; basically the argument was some form of intuition hidden agenda type because of it. Not so sure I agree, y'all IEI's are some of the most nonsensical, even disregarding FaT.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I think there's a decent chance that @FearAndTrembling is really an IEI, his behaviour however is not congruent with a healthy IEI. No offense meant.
I've heard the MBTI kiddies use him as an example of a "Ni-Ti loop".

Jeremy does not seem like Ne-PoLR, but I have trouble seeing Fi-lead as I've stated to him before.
Overemphasis of role function?

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I don't want a typing thread.

But I will add this, which touches on an earlier point. This whole thing is based on The psychologist's fallacy. This whole subject. Jung committed that fallacy many times.

The psychologist's fallacy is a fallacy that occurs when an observer assumes that his/her subjective experience reflects the true nature of an event. The fallacy was named by William James in the 19th century:
The great snare of the psychologist is the confusion of his own standpoint with that of the mental fact about which he is making his report. I shall hereafter call this the ‘psychologist's fallacy’ par excellence.[SUP][1]

[/SUP]
"The great snare of the psychologist is the confusion of his own standpoint with that of the mental fact about which he is making his report. I shall hereafter call this the 'psychologist's fallacy' par excellence. For some of the mischief, here too, language is to blame. The psychologist, as we remarked above (p. 183), stands outside of the mental state he speaks of. Both itself and its object are objects for him. Now when it is a cognitive state (percept, thought, concept, etc.), he ordinarily has no other way of naming it than as the thought, percept, etc., of that object. He himself, meanwhile, knowing the self-same object in his way, gets easily led to suppose that the thought, which is of it, knows it in the same way in which he knows it, although this is often very far from being the case."

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I can only think of hitler, who else? Many dictator are probably Te-lead also. Many true revolutionist might be EIE sure.
Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Muammar Gaddhafi (who totally isn't the Arab Che), Francisco Franco, Bin Laden. I've also seen Ivan IV used as a historical example of an EIE, but I can't remember where. Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, while not a dictator, would easily be so if he had any chance at being in charge.

Oh, sauce. Most of those guys were listed here.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've heard the MBTI kiddies use him as an example of a "Ni-Ti loop".
I'm not going to speculate more about his person and he said he doesn't want a type thread so I won't comment on that. That loop theory seems pretty shallow though.

Overemphasis of role function?
Not sure tbh. I have trouble seeing an Fi-lead be so dispassionate as to use their role to defend themselves when they're being called out for being insensitive, then do a 180% when it becomes apparent that that nobody likes them, only to end up doing the same thing again. Seems more like Fi-PoLR with Fe-HA to me tbh, but at the same time there are other facts which points to Te-valuing, but I haven't bothered to reflect on it much.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Muammar Gaddhafi (who totally isn't the Arab Che), Francisco Franco, Bin Laden. I've also seen Ivan IV used as a historical example of an EIE, but I can't remember where. Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, while not a dictator, would easily be so if he had any chance at being in charge.

Oh, sauce. Most of those guys were listed here.
Ok, maybe you have a point. Most of those guys I have no idea what kind of person they are. Only heard that they are "bad-guys". But I do not think it is the role of EIE to be dictator but revolutionist and bringing new ideas to the masses and to the consciousness of the masses.

Why are we discussing EIE in this thread?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That loop theory seems pretty shallow though.
Very. It's like a poor man's Role function.

Seems more like Fi-PoLR with Fe-HA to me tbh, but at the same time there are other facts which points to Te-valuing, but I haven't bothered to reflect on it much.
Alpha NT over Delta NF? Makes sense.

But I do not think it is the role of EIE to be dictator but revolutionist and bringing new ideas to the masses and to the consciousness of the masses.
Usually through the propagation of "us-vs-them" and by having an "enemy" that everybody must unite against. Willing to bet you could make such characters be either the greatest villains, or the most admirable heroes, depending on who is writing the story.

Just look at Che Guevara.

Why are we discussing EIE in this thread?
Why not?

The rule is against type bulling and harassment. To apply it outside of the context of personal attacks is to misapply it.
It's science once it's also a way of thinking that makes it clear what stands under what conditions. Until then, nope.
On a side note. Holy shit guise! Neither of you noticed the lightheartedness with which my "science" sentence was uttered...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Usually through the propagation of "us-vs-them" and by having an "enemy" that everybody must unite against. Willing to bet you could make such characters be either the greatest villains, or the most admirable heroes, depending on who is writing the story.

Just look at Che Guevara.

Why not?
Ye. It also depend how well you are equipped to deal with that public opinion stuff. Yes EIE are a Fe type, but they are also a 4D Ne and 3D Ni type. They might use polarity to motivate but in the end I think they truly believe in a message of peace. They are basically lacking Si. The road to that goal might be just what is most effective from intuition perspective and not at all what have been establish. Thus revolutionist. Usually it is the offspring of the winners who write the history.

x)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
They might use polarity to motivate but in the end I think they truly believe in a message of peace.
Not always. Che was pretty adamant about making a nuclear crater out of the USA. Ivan the Terrible beat his own son to death. You could write a list of Betas who were peaceful (and there were many), but to assume it's either a quadra value or an EIE value is going a bit far, I think.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts