Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Describe a perfect, romantic evening. *No sex talk please.* Keep that to yourself. ;) :tongue:

:ninja: ALL TYPES welcome! :cool:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hmm.. where's my Fi..

This--->

With some..

Delicious romantic night..yumm.

Reactions: Laguna

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
We fly out to Dubai, check into our rooms (yes, separate rooms.. We won't be married yet). She walks in and finds a gorgeous outfit awaiting her.. (handpicked by me).
She gets ready and finds a note left for her, asking for her to meet me at the rooftop.
She takes on step onto the roof, and then I join her for a quiet meal on the roof of a gorgeous luxury hotel (maybe the Burj Al Arab in Dubai), with violinists, a cellist, playing softly.
And then afterward maybe a djembe playing a slow ambient beat, on a song that I will compose for the event. (something similar to this
). And during the song (It would start after we have eaten), we dance.
After the dance, we exit the hotel, and find a quiet area at the beach.
We will sit there and talk about our future, as we watch the moon set on the horizon of the ocean.
Once the moon is low, I will serenade her.. And in mid song I will pull out the ring*.
And we will have the proposal on video, because I'll secretly signal both her best friends, and mine.. Because I'll fly them out in a separate plain.
And she'll say yes..
That's my perfect romantic evening!

*The ring will be made to the standards HER bestfriends/sisters tell me, combined with what I know she'd love.. They sisters/best friends would basically just be there to tell me what cut (if I don't know), because I'd rather not talk to MY woman about it.. Because I'd like it to all be a surprise.. Well, as much of a surprise as surprise trip to Dubai can be.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
I think one of my first dates is one I constantly go back to as being one of the best. My INTJ at the time bought pizza and then took me to the most expensive part of town where we ate it on the beach watching the sunset. It was a chilly evening so it was just us alone on the beach all rugged up together on a blanket. It was just perrrrfect… then we went to the local park and rode the rollercoaster :D!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Hmm well my boyfriend and I are currently in the "honeymoon stage" of our relationship so any time I'm with him in person is the perfect romantic evening. I haven't had my first kiss yet so I guess when I kiss him, that would be even more perfect.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
My boyfriend took me on a big elaborate date this weekend (he lives a couple of hours away, so even though I talk to him everyday, I don't see him all the time). He took me to an aquarium (a big deal considering he's an antisocial INTJ :p), then he took me to a pub pretending to be a fancy restaurant. He took me to a musical (which is a HUGE deal because he HATES musicals XD...but he kind of enjoyed it because it was Jersey Boys, so the music was actually songs he knew). Then the next night he took me to see The Hunger Games.

But the best part was when we just chilled out on his couch and watched How I Met Your Mother and some weird zombie anime on Netflix. I like cuddling and being able to say whatever random thing pops into my head without being distracting to the other people who don't find me so endearing. >.>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why is it that what a few of you ENFPs call "a perfect, romantic evening" like exactly what I would love to do on a date?!

Us closet romantic NTs. I swear sometimes I think I have Fi from the way ya'll NFPs describe something romantic.

BTW ENTP here with a mental crush on ENFPs now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"So there I was, balls-deep..."

Whaaaaaaaat??

Reactions: Laguna

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We fly out to Dubai, check into our rooms (yes, separate rooms.. We won't be married yet). She walks in and finds a gorgeous outfit awaiting her.. (handpicked by me).
She gets ready and finds a note left for her, asking for her to meet me at the rooftop.
She takes on step onto the roof, and then I join her for a quiet meal on the roof of a gorgeous luxury hotel (maybe the Burj Al Arab in Dubai), with violinists, a cellist, playing softly.
And then afterward maybe a djembe playing a slow ambient beat, on a song that I will compose for the event. (something similar to this
). And during the song (It would start after we have eaten), we dance.
After the dance, we exit the hotel, and find a quiet area at the beach.
We will sit there and talk about our future, as we watch the moon set on the horizon of the ocean.
Once the moon is low, I will serenade her.. And in mid song I will pull out the ring*.
And we will have the proposal on video, because I'll secretly signal both her best friends, and mine.. Because I'll fly them out in a separate plain.
And she'll say yes..
That's my perfect romantic evening!

*The ring will be made to the standards HER bestfriends/sisters tell me, combined with what I know she'd love.. They sisters/best friends would basically just be there to tell me what cut (if I don't know), because I'd rather not talk to MY woman about it.. Because I'd like it to all be a surprise.. Well, as much of a surprise as surprise trip to Dubai can be.
OMG!
You can't be real! wow!! :)

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I need to shift focus from these elusive types and stick with my own kind. :(

Reactions: EternalNocturne

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Maybe I need to shift focus from these elusive types and stick with my own kind. :(
hell no! it's much more special with one of those quiet ones, an ENFP you know has probably had a moment like "_____" before, wheras with an INFP it's likely that they may not have had. besides i always find those kind of moments with platonic ENFPs tend to go by in a flash of excitement and fun, wheras those moments with introverts tend to feel slower and more tender which i prefer.

i honestly think walking along the beach is the most romantic single thing you can do.. for some reason that moment of sexual tension where, for example, you are walking side by side on a date with that weird vibey communication going on is more romantic than a kiss to me (except that the kiss is often the culmination of moments like that...- hmm...) or.. other activities, but that may just be because i'm a guy..

my perfect romantic evening is probably impossible to write down because it would involve spontaneous decisions to do things and go places, and writing anything down would defeat the purpose of that. it could be anything as long as it feels right in the moment.. i will say though that beaches and piers are my favourite places to visit on early dates, but i would prefer say.. an ordinary date for drinks at a pub where we suddenly find out an hour in a band is playing, and there is an abandoned balcony where we can watch, and there is that beautiful still moment when we're just listening (my most memorable date). basically surprises and spontaneity are always my favourite moments on dates.

btw.. this thread has totally ruined studying for me! i just can't wait to get back to uni and start dating again.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hell no! it's much more special with one of those quiet ones, an ENFP you know has probably had a moment like "_____" before, wheras with an INFP it's likely that they may not have had. besides i always find those kind of moments with (i CANNOT remember what the word is for "non sexual, purely friendship") ENFPs tend to go by in a flash of excitement and fun, wheras those moments with introverts tend to feel slower and more tender which i prefer.

i honestly think walking along the beach is the most romantic single thing you can do.. for some reason that moment of sexual tension where, for example, you are walking side by side on a date with that weird vibey communication going on is more romantic than a kiss to me (except that the kiss is often the culmination of moments like that...- hmm...) or.. other activities, but that may just be because i'm a guy..

my perfect romantic evening is probably impossible to write down because it would involve spontaneous decisions to do things and go places, and writing anything down would defeat the purpose of that. it could be anything as long as it feels right in the moment.. i will say though that beaches and piers are my favourite places to visit on early dates, but i would prefer say.. an ordinary date for drinks at a pub where we suddenly find out an hour in a band is playing, and there is an abandoned balcony where we can watch, and there is that beautiful still moment when we're just listening (my most memorable date). basically surprises and spontaneity are always my favourite moments on dates.

btw.. this thread has totally ruined studying for me! i just can't wait to get back to uni and start dating again.
loved your post!! thanks! :)

Reactions: Tridentus

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Yep, those elusive ones are like the greatest mystery without trying to be...and without playing games; it's just who they are. They are special because they truly appreciate that you can see them when it seems like no one else in the world can. Sometimes they dont think anyone would be accepting of who they truly are, but then here comes this person who can not only see them, but adores who they truly are as well. This makes you gold to them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts