Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Retired
7,007 Posts
Each individual is different; no two people of each type will have the exact same personality description.
Over all, being an ENFJ generally means you have certain particular preferences though, even though how you express those preferences hinge on so many different factors, such as gender, culture, possibly your enneagram, and I'd even venture to add birth order:
There are certain traits that an ENFJ would be more likely to have, however:
Extrovert: as an extrovert, particularly, as an extroverted feeler, you would probably feel most energized around other people, particularly in a setting when you're doing something on behalf of others, giving advice, doing something helpful, etc. I'm gonna probably use my ENFJ friend as an example, here and there too, btw.....any way, for the ENFJ I know in particular, giving advice is about as natural to him as saying "hi" when he sees someone he knows. It's the way he communicates; I can tell he gets really energized around people he likes; physically excited when he's around people in a sense that he can entertain others while helping them feel better about stuff.

Intuitive: as an intuitive, and preferring introverted intuition, you'd probably use your intuition to glean things about other people that you can use to better accommodate them. From what I've seen so far, ENFJs often use their intuition for more practical means than just generating random ideas; when they do the latter its usually a means toward bonding with someone else. I find my ENFJ friend would remember a lot of things about people and synthesize the things he knows to create almost an entire persona (but still his personality) that caters to that person. I find because they can do this, ENFJs usually tend to be surprisingly complex people, who seem to be "What you see is what you get" kind of people, but really a lot deeper than that. If you have a difficult time defining yourself, while being able to define others pretty easily, than that might be your FeNi at work....

Feeling: which is usually extroverted like I said, so you'd probably seek an outlet, not just for emotions your working out but you'd also have a lot of well defined values as to how you feel people should behave. I find Fe-doms tend to have very well defined values systems, but their values I believe hover around how they feel people should behave and how they should be treated. You'd probably worry here and there that you stepped on someone's toes or offended them and probably put other people's feelings ahead of your own sometimes. I find my ENFJ friend even though he's really quick with advice and such and gets irritated pretty easily and shows it sometimes, and can be snarky and sarcastic sometimes, he's also very quick to apologize, and as much as he likes to be right, he feels that not offending the other person is more important than holding it over the other person that he's right.

Judging: You'd be a pretty decisive person, wanting things to be planned out a certain way, possibly a bit controlling from time to time, maybe sometimes honing in on one possibility. Using my friend as an example one last time, he has this mindset that if he sees or remembers something a certain way, that's how it is no question about it.

Like I said though, everyone is an unique individual, and what I'm saying is based on theory, and just one example. If this is completely different from how you see yourself, that's completely understandable. Nobody fits any type description to a tee. I don't think anyone could fit one particular type description 100%. I'm of the opinion that mbti really just defines what your preferences are in your default state and nobody could function through life if they acted like just one type all the time.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@dulcinea
Thank you,
that is very much me.
I definitely agree with you that "mbti really just defines what your preferences are in your default state and nobody could function through life if they acted like just one type all the time". But I'm new to these concepts. So i don't really know.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
One word- givers.
Yeah, I don't think so. :p

I'm a very cynical and individualistic kind of ENFJ. I give a lot of the time, but I'm not half as sweet as the other ENFJs on this site. If you visit my profile, be warned. It is very sarcastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.