Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about the other NT types different from your own?
Describe them from your perspective. There is no right or wrong! Please no personal attacks.

I'll be first. I don't know many NTs in real life so I can't really describe much.

INTJs: I view them as mysterious people who have expertise in their field of interest. The honesty intrigues me and their desire for honesty interests me. Their internal world is scary and interesting at the same time.

INTPs: Abstract and witty. I get along with them most out of all NTs. Sometimes they love to mentally wrestle which is good when moderated. The problem begins when everything is to be wrestled.

ENTJs: I don't know any in real life.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
INTJs: These are the people I get along with most out of all types. I respect them for their ability to actually listen to what I'm saying and, more importantly, to understand and criticize it. They are very good discussion partners and great friends to a resentful, misanthropic and somewhat ambitionless INTP like myself. The INTJs in my life have shown me how to make something of oneself and how to enjoy the fruits of one's labours. They are the loyal and serious people who actually make my life more fun through their seriousness.

ENTPs: I know but few ENTPs and I'm not particularly friendly with those I do know. They seem trivial, unsophisticated and noisy to me, but I do admire their thought processes which are similar to my own and they have got a great sense of humor. They usually tolerate me and I usually tolerate them in return, but I never seem to really get along with them.

ENTJs: I admire them from afar for their Machiavellian ways of operating, charisma and ruthless logical manipulation. They are very interesting to observe, but ultimately too untrustworthy to make good friends and way too judgemental and manipulating to engage in a fair debate. However, they are great co-workers and bosses, and they are the perfect match-up for an INTP when it comes to implementing complex ideas.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,381 Posts
INTJs: They take the fun out of everything!!!!!
Go clean your room!:wink:

INTPs: Love the rants...LOVE the rants. I have a few INTP friends my mother and daughter are one of these. Brilliant.

I only know one ENTP and she is so witty, awesome and straightforward I just have to bow before her mightiness.

ENTJ: My ENTJ friend organises the best parties. No-one is left out in preparation, if someone were to miss his party (he invites in excess of 40 people) they are sorely missed and have to provide a damn good excuse. Great host. The name tags given out on entry gives you a job description for the night....including the person who gave you the name tags. The blankets that he asks you to donate to the winter appeal also serve as bedding for out of towners to stay the night. The entertainment gets there early so they can practice the "impromptu" song with the host to put up on youtube.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
INTP: INTP women seem to have the most self awareness. As for the men, yeah, not too interested in those dudes.

ENTP: Probably the most visibly intelligent with their extroversion but may lack in the pragmatic department.

INTJ: The most interaction I have with INTJ's is an occasional "thanks" in the forum.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
INTP-
I personally find that the INTPs are the coldest of the NT crowd. They seem to be a lot more brutal with their criticism. I also find them the more awkward of the NTs as well. I do adore them though, I appreciate their sense of humour and eccentricities. Some of my closest friends IRL are INTPs and we get on like a house on fire.

ENTP-
My mother and my boss are both ENTPs. Both are highly brilliant and successful individuals. Both are also highly eccentric in their own special way. When I think of success I think of ENTPs.

ENTJ-
We just discovered that one of my closest online friends is an ENTJ. He's brilliant and gorgeous but very forward and pushy at times. He forces me out of my comfort zone and is one of the few people that can truly embarrass me and make me laugh at the same time. He's really the only interaction I've had with ENTJs. If he's a good example of an ENTJ I am sure I'd love to get to know more... I'm just a little shy is all....

·
Registered
487 Posts
INTJ: I admire them a bit for their seemingly flawless ablity to stay calm and analyze the situation, but they do seem a bit cold and un-philosophical.

ENTJ: Ah, the masterminds. I love them. I see them as witty and quick on their feet. Haven't met any in real life [except for maybe one at a party].

ENTP: They seem kind of uncaring to me [although I'm not any better]. We have our good times when were laughing, but I really just don't get along that well with this type. Perhaps were just too alike and self centered. :dry:

·
Registered
911 Posts
[tongue in cheek]
INTJ: I'm quite sure the words "too harsh" and "overly rude" are in their dictionaries.
ENTP: No! Don't touch that wire. It's going to---
ENTJ: I'm sure BNP Paribas' buy was great and that mortgage rates are about to decline and that I should consider buying some AUD on forex. Can I have a say now? No?

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
INTJs: I love how the ones I know don't conform and dance to the beat of their own drum, yet they can have conservative views, meaning they don't nonconform for the sake of it. I envy their wit. They can be too serious though and they're overrated.

ENTPs: Annoying. Completely overrated. Try to be assholes. Not funny or near as funny as they think they are (George Carlin and Bill Hicks are the exception). They try to have fucked up views. I wouldn't be so harsh if they proved me wrong. There are many I adore though. They almost always grow on me.

INTP: I always fall for them. My favourite type.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My understanding with limited knowledge, stereotyping of course.

INTJ: Interesting to talk to, a bit boring. Can dish it out, but cant take it. Like the ones I talked to though.

ENTP: Socially shallow, people I like to have as friends. Arguments for the sake of an argument, love that. Like me with a little less depht than I have, but a lot more of the charisma. If I were to change type, I would change to this one.

ENTJ: Do not know much about them, think my closest childhood friend was one. Pushing, demanding. Interesting people, heard they should be my perfect match, dont see what they would appreciate in an INTP. We lack grand ambition, or at least I do. Maybe they like us for our thoughts.

·
Registered
344 Posts
INTJs: I always feel somewhat intimidated by them in discussions; can be stubborn, but I do have to admire their ambition.

ENTPs: What I'd imagine I'd be like if I weren't so self-aware. The ones I've met are eccentric, extremely friendly, and contribute surprisingly in debates.

ENTJs: I've only met one, and he was larger than life. If he was smarter than someone, he'd exploit this to no end. He would derail and monopolize conversations, and had no regard for social norms and mores, which I envied. He is hands-down the smartest (and most disliked) of all my friends.

·
Registered
297 Posts
INTP: My brother is an INTP. And although we mostly get along great, and can complete each other sentence, i dont like his special ability to cool me down when I'm exited about whatever stupid thing i get exited about. Actually... he does that to everyone. If you like something really much and get exited, he will say something to make it look useless and stupid to be exited about that. Besides that, he is a really good thinker and i love his analysis because he is mostly right.
INTJ: Love this type and how dark they can be. Also how they can would bite off you arm if you do something they don't like, they are quick tempered. With my inability to get angry and their quickness to do so, we control and help each other.
ENTJ: I dont know anyone.... at least i think i dont. But if the person i believe is an ENTJ is indeed one. We really cant get along. Way to evil and self centered, to the point of being dishonest. INTJ think of evil, but they don't actually do it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
INTP - I don't know very many, but it seems like they're INTJs with more balanced hormones and less to say.

ENTP - My impression is that ENTPs are way too smart for the roles they let themselves occupy. I know quite a few sharp-but-lazy druggies with ENTP tendencies.

ENTJ - I suspect one of my friends to be one. Not a sociopath by any means, but routinely and shamelessly uses others to his end, often under the pretense of being friendly. I swear to god, if he calls me up to hang out and has me drive him across the fucking state again, I'll take up smoking JUST to put a cigarette out in his eye. He's an intelligent guy though, one of few people I consider on equal intellectual ground.

Sorry for the sweeping generalizations, everyone.

·
Registered
535 Posts
ENTJ: I'm not sure I ever met one. A teacher of mine might have been one, and he was quite OK. Another person I suspect of being an ENTJ is annoyingly self-important; but I really don't know him that well.

INTP: I can have great discussions with them, but in the end their Ti view seems limited to me. They tend to discuss details, not the big picture.

ENTP: Awesome! One of my best friends is one, and he is constantly challenging me some way or the other. (We once had a washing up contest.) They have all this enthusiasm and creative ideas. And contrary to others, I'm never offended by ENTP humor.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ENTJ
INTP: I can have great discussions with them, but in the end their Ti view seems limited to me. They tend to discuss details, not the big picture.
Hmm. Funny. That seems to be the opposite of what the general consensus about INTP's is. We always seem to be described as being intensely focused on the "big picture". (Intensely focused on not being focused. Funny, eh? ) I myself tend to find myself looking at a wide spectrum of things, and seeing how anything new relates to/links together with old information to create an overall view of something/everything.

Sorry for not giving an opinion of the other NT's :D; Haven't met too many others.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts