Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It varies for everyone, but I'll break it down how it works for me.

Fi - strong awareness and understanding of personal values and principles. As a result, when taking in the actions or sentiments of others, as well as my own, Fi will quickly judge the value of those actions by comparing it to the predeterimined values and principles that I hold because Fi is a "judging" function. As a byproduct of Fi automatically judging value, it can mean that I might be silently judgmental of others. Though not being judgemental is also a value that I hold, so I will also quickly detect this incongruency between my thoughts and my value of not being judgemental and I can consciously "override" it. Though I tend to let judgements against my own failures stand and can be very hard on myself.

Ne - Extraverted intuition takes in observable objective data and sees the possibilities behind it. This can manifest in dramatically different ways from person to person because it is a perceiving function. For me, an example would be walking down the street and seeing a tree with no leaves on the branches and concluding that it looks like a bouquet of witchy fingers pointing in all directions so that none can escape its accusations. (And I will probably make a mental note to work some form of this observation into a poem or a story or something). Or just in general, seeing or hearing something that sparks some train of thought that jumps from one seemingly unrelated topic to another.

Si - Introverted sensing serves as more of a support function for Fi. On the plus side, when I identify someone or something that is of particular interest to me via Fi, Si will act to store lots of data about that subject or person so that in the future, I can demonstrate how valuable the person or subject is to me by subtly referencing my past experience with them and thereby demonstrating that I've been paying attention. The negative side of Si as a support function to Fi is constantly replaying bad past experiences and making it difficult for me to move past them.

Te - Ehhhh... I'm still waiting to really develop this function to any usable degree. Undeveloped inferior functions tend to only surface in times of stress. So if I'm under stress or exhausted, I might find that I don't have the energy to fully analyse and strategize how to best navigate other people's emotions and will be terse and blunt. But I do want to point out that Te can manifest this way when it's an inferior function. Those with dominant or auxiliary Te are much more efficient at using it and are not resorting to it under stress, so it's expressed in a much more positive manner.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It varies for everyone, but I'll break it down how it works for me.

Fi - strong awareness and understanding of personal values and principles. As a result, when taking in the actions or sentiments of others, as well as my own, Fi will quickly judge the value of those actions by comparing it to the predeterimined values and principles that I hold because Fi is a "judging" function. As a byproduct of Fi automatically judging value, it can mean that I might be silently judgmental of others. Though not being judgemental is also a value that I hold, so I will also quickly detect this incongruency between my thoughts and my value of not being judgemental and I can consciously "override" it. Though I tend to let judgements against my own failures stand and can be very hard on myself.

Ne - Extraverted intuition takes in observable objective data and sees the possibilities behind it. This can manifest in dramatically different ways from person to person because it is a perceiving function. For me, an example would be walking down the street and seeing a tree with no leaves on the branches and concluding that it looks like a bouquet of witchy fingers pointing in all directions so that none can escape its accusations. (And I will probably make a mental note to work some form of this observation into a poem or a story or something). Or just in general, seeing or hearing something that sparks some train of thought that jumps from one seemingly unrelated topic to another.

Si - Introverted sensing serves as more of a support function for Fi. On the plus side, when I identify someone or something that is of particular interest to me via Fi, Si will act to store lots of data about that subject or person so that in the future, I can demonstrate how valuable the person or subject is to me by subtly referencing my past experience with them and thereby demonstrating that I've been paying attention. The negative side of Si as a support function to Fi is constantly replaying bad past experiences and making it difficult for me to move past them.

Te - Ehhhh... I'm still waiting to really develop this function to any usable degree. Undeveloped inferior functions tend to only surface in times of stress. So if I'm under stress or exhausted, I might find that I don't have the energy to fully analyse and strategize how to best navigate other people's emotions and will be terse and blunt. But I do want to point out that Te can manifest this way when it's an inferior function. Those with dominant or auxiliary Te are much more efficient at using it and are not resorting to it under stress, so it's expressed in a much more positive manner.
Fatastic! Thanks, this helps a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts