Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would imagine they are/were a very special, and probably very authentic person. Beautiful inwardly in a deep enriching sort of way, peaceful and magical to be around. The center of your idealization, but perhaps they live up to it for the most part. What is your favorite person you've ever known like?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't really have a most favorite person, everyone's human and they all eventually let me down in one way or another. Besides, everyone's so good in their own ways, I can't choose a favorite. My favorite qualities of people that are my friends are if they don't question my decisions, if they really show that they care, they keep promises, and all of that good stuff. I've learned there's something to admire in everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Throughout my childhood I lived all over the United States. Now in college I look back at the many people I have known in my life and there is one person who I would consider my favorite person. I lived in a tiny town in Iowa for a few years on a farm with my family. We became members of a tiny church and we met this man named Jeff. Jeff was a volunteer of the church and the best friend of the pastor. When I met him for the first time as a child I was immediately struck by the most intense aura of good. He would be there for anyone who needed him and was always behind the scenes trying to make everyone happy, never concerned with himself. When his best friend died he moved in with his friend’s mother who had Alzheimer’s to take care of her. He is about 55 years old and has the most intensely beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. He looks a bit like Jesus as well, with long brown hair and a beard. To be honest, his whole attitude and looks made me think he was the reincarnation of Jesus when I was a little kid. He works in the town’s tiny lumber yard. He has such humility and is so quiet and gentle that he has always stuck with me through my life. Whenever we go back to visit I always make a point of stopping by to say hello to him and over the years he has not changed at all.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I have admired a few people through the years (some of them for a brief period of time because people can be so disappointing sometimes) but there is just one I can think of when I read this, someone I have admired my entire life and never let me down.

My grandmother is the most admirable person I´ve ever known.
She´s strong and determined but she´s also sweet and kind.
She taught me to go after what I want and fight, and through example she, taught me that sometimes you need to destroy to create and that some rules are meant to be broken.
Life has never been easy for her but she´s a warrior and she would protect her loved ones with her life. Her love is generous, kind and deep.

She´s brilliant and wise and she´ll never keep anything from you, her honesty and kindness are some of her most beautiful qualities (you can be honest without being a jerk)
She is 91 years old now, she´s very sick (she´s alzheimer´s) and even though she doesn't recognize me anymore her essence is intact and she still is the person I have admired the most.

Reactions: GoodOldDreamer

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first serious girlfriend I had is my favorite person. She is special to me because she was the first person to see past my facade and see the core of me, flaws and all. It was one of those things where two people meet and they just click. It didn't work out for because our life paths were going different directions, but we still check in on each other from afar.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I have a few people, but neither a full package. Good stuff, but not quite polished diamonds, not yet. A great person is not born, it is made by life and experience, so I expect in a few years to give you a better answer. It's possible my love to be that one person. I have full confidence in her, she's got potential, and just needs to grow a bit and develop some areas. It may sound terrible what I say, but really, I am praising her here, not criticizing, it's hard to explain, so please excuse if this makes little sense to some of you, it will make a lot to me in the future, when I reread this message. It is essentially a time capsule for me. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts