Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody!

I was thinking if there is a consistent form of humor us ENFP's use more regularly, such as Utter Nonsense, Witty, Dry, Sarcastic, or Self Deprecating, Punny (I just added it to spell check so it's a word now), etc...

All the ENFPs I have met have amazing witty and dry senses of humor, and perhaps some slapstick because of our childlike enthusiasm. I myself use a lot of self deprecating humor because my nose is do damn big, and there is something to say about belittling yourself to make people laugh. I avoid using sarcasm because of my sensitivity to other people's feelings and afraid people will find truth to it. Maybe other ENFP's feel the same?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Me: How would you describe my sense of humor?
Sister: Available.

Reactions: Agile

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I'm sarcastic and self deprecating, but no one else is free from deprecation either. :tongue: I don't think a lot of it reads over the web, especially when I am using sarcasm because I can't give my dead pan stare to go along with it. However, my friends that know me irl, tend to get all my humor on the web. But I have a lot of real life friends who are actually comedians.

I'm not into slapstick, but I have punched and kicked a few people onstage for laughs.

The ability to understand my sense of humor is probably number one on my list when searching for compatibility. I don't like slowing down the bus. :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I love puns and cheesy humor (sometimes its just funny to annoy the people around me), I also use dry, witty, sarcastic, I'm not too much into pure nonsensical humor or self deprication, or slapstick but the others, yes, I use them all. In abundance! :laughing:

I kind of just fill whatever role is needed when it comes to humor. My goofy co worker was saying vairous wacky things and I would respond to her in a very dry and serious manner and the two of us played off each other well and it cracked people up. Often times though I'm the wacky/goofy one and others (especially my husband) play "the straight man"

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agreed on the observations. I will use sarcasm around people I trust and care about, because they know that I am only kidding. My sister and I will say stuff to each other that sounds completely horrifying (variations on "Too bad, 'cuz you're adopted" or "Mom loves me and not you" and such) but we don't mean a word of it. Maybe it's funny because we're so used to being tight-knit that the thought of not getting along is unfathomable? Our Mom actually gets upset and tells us to stop even though we are just joking and love each other very much. My S.O. and I also very often use sarcastic humor with each other. Also, I think I got some of the little bit of wit I got from my Dad.

I suppose around everyone else, it is observation, slapstick, and sometimes gross-out humor. It is fun to put a humorously disturbing image in someone's head (funny "ew", not truly traumatizing "ew") and watch the results.

For reference- Sister: INTP, Mom: ESFP, Dad: ENTJ, S.O.: INTJ ( Brother is INFJ. He is already moved out, but it felt lonely to leave him out of the reference because I listed my other family members ;~; )

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I have a very sarcastic, dry sense of humor, but I also LOVE puns. In terms of comedians, I like those who rely heavily on wordplay and punny jokes like Bo Burnham and Demitri Martin, though that is not my personal sense of humor sense those jokes rely upon a relative amount of thinking/planning out. :tongue: Most people do tell me that I am hilarious, though I don't really know if I am. I'll assume so.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,208 Posts
I'm huge into playful ridicule. Along the lines of GoGo who posted above me, I observe the people around me and find ways to make them SEEM bad when everyone knows it isn't true. But I do it in a very witty way and it's well-received. If it wasn't so I'd come off as a total jerk.

My secondary form of humor is self-depreciating, though it's often freaked even my closest friends out that I've suddenly lost my confidence and they get concerned. Since it tends to evoke that effect I stick with the witty ridicule more so these days.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humour, with wit and observation thrown in to pepper my humour throughout my conversation.

I know that my sarcasm can be hard for some people as I can be very self-deprecatory but if you push me, my tongue is my most lethal weapon. I never considered my humour to be intrinsic to ENFPs or anything, I always figured my humour was hugely reflective of being a born n bred Londoner! Pure British sarcasm coupled with cynical observational humour...

·
Registered
185 Posts
all of the above:
sarcastic (sometimes)
quirky ( all of the time)
puns (yep)
silly (yep)
perverted (well comes from my overactive sex drive lmAo)
dark (aka Gary Larson - Far side - I get him and love his sense of humour)

:laughing:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a sarcastic sense of humor, often dry, and very observational. I'd make joke in a really quiet way, almost like I'm just talking while some personality types I know make jokes loudly and make it obvious.

But sometimes while performing a skit in school, I'd make my jokes very slapstick in nature in order for the audience to understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts