Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (541) Pisces/Leo/House 8
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found out that I'm an INFJ combined with Enneagram Tritype 6w5-4w5-1w2 sp/so. But for me it's difficult to combine these two different systems. Which traits are due to Enneagram and which are from MBTI?

It would help a lot if somebody is able to write a description of this specific type-combination above. What do you associate with this combination? What's particular?

I would be very grateful if anybody answers and helps me out.

P.S. Sorry for my english :unsure:

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (541) Pisces/Leo/House 8
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Double

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The Faurves are conducting a survey regarding the correlation between the MBTI and Tritype.

6w5-4w5-1w2 sp/so

Flavors: The critical thinker, lone romantic, intellectual critic, somber philosopher

Interpretation:
There's a lot of self-criticism and endured suffering connected with this combination especially when SP is dominant, especially regarding how you relate yourself with others. High self-consciousness, stress, and focus on comparing oneself with 'what the others are doing'. This combination has a rather negative view on humanity and long to find a social group that you feel truly 'home'. 4-6 brings along a trait that struggles between fitting in and being 'yourself' while the 5 desires intellectualism; so ideally you want to find a group (usually spiritual) that promotes stable guidance and meaningful insights. This combination combines cold logic and intuitive thinking. You might also want to look at 1-4-5 as well, considering your wings. Regardless, this tritype is hard on others but even harder to themselves, justifying their judgement of others through self-improvement. You prefer to wall yourself in (fortress) and gather resources rather than actively go out into the field. There's a cold, stoic, conservative energy in outer expression.

Art is created by improving oneself, conserving energy, and sacrificing time and dedicating hard-work to the studies. You generally prefer to spend time alone to delve into the inner world, rather than be involved in the outer world.

·
Banned
492 Posts
@alyara
I think this tritype is very common for INFJs.
Agreed with @Quang's post; there is indeed a strange dichotomy between seeking out social groups and wanting time alone. It's like a simultaneous push and pull. Cold logic I'm not sure about; the type can be really emotional. Ebullient in social settings until time is needed to recharge.
I wouldn't say the tritype has a negative view on humanity. The 146 is not judgmental towards others, but very much so towards itself.
Can be very humanitarian, and in this way, externally oriented.
I'm 4w5- 6w5 sp/so. Identify with 1w2 and 8w9 really strongly.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@alyara
I think this tritype is very common for INFJs.
Agreed with @Quang's post; there is indeed a strange dichotomy between seeking out social groups and wanting time alone. It's like a simultaneous push and pull. Cold logic I'm not sure about; the type can be really emotional. Ebullient in social settings until time is needed to recharge.
I wouldn't say the tritype has a negative view on humanity. The 146 is not judgmental towards others, but very much so towards itself.
Can be very humanitarian, and in this way, externally oriented.
I'm 4w5- 6w5 sp/so. Identify with 1w2 and 8w9 really strongly.
Typo. The cold logical stance derives from 5 and the emotional stance drives from 4 (for 145 tritype).
The reason why 4-6 has a negative prospect, is because both types are more likely to adopt the coping strategy of complaining, focusing on what is missing, what is wrong- while the 6 complains to relieve anxiety, 4 complains as a result of inadequacy and self-pity in hope of someone to understand or rescue them (an unconscious resemblance of an infant crying for the mother to nurture them).

Furthermore, I find it fascinating because the dynamic interaction in the head-triad resembles the concept about the male logic and female intuition.
There is greater proportional of men who are 5s in the enneastyle research whereas to women. 6 is the 'middle-man' between the right brain (7) and left brain (5).

1-5: logical thinking, observation, compartmentalization, precise, objective, 'book-smart'
4-7: holistic thinking, synthesis, personal, intuitive, creativity, colorful, flexible, 'street-smart'

Here's a little model I made to illustrate this. It is in alignment with the archetypal temperaments.

15684_10153075716024619_2398429623393139340_n.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts