Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I desperately want to know my MBTI type, but in our city there is no experts and/or it's too expensive (like 1000euros) to get to know your type. I believe, it will allow me to handle some of my life difficulties.

I've passed the test, it gives me ISFJ, sometimes INFJ/ENFJ. Would you, people, help me to know myself?

I've also read a lot about each type, but I can't figure it out. I find a little bit of me in all of them.

Few info about me (in which I'm sure):

1) I'm pretty affectionnate with my wife, I like to give a lot and to receive a lot from the couple. The environment in my home is very important to me, and I'm completely disoriented after having had a family dispute.

2) I was quite rebellious agains authorities at the school.

3) I'm moderately religious.

4) I like to have an order in my house, and my INFP wife is somehow messy. It gets on my nerves, but I keep it in myself and excuse her.

5) Quite often I think about the difficulties the capitalism face with, and about disbalance at the modern economy.

6) I love to read the books about different religions of the World, and in general, I'm very excited about all extranatural things, like UFO, houses with ghosts, spirits etc.

7) I don't like parties in general, and feel somehow confused, when being invited to the party, or even by a new person. I already have a couple of old friends and don't really need new ones.

Anything else you can ask me?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
1) I'm pretty affectionnate with my wife, I like to give a lot and to receive a lot from the couple. The environment in my home is very important to me, and I'm completely disoriented after having had a family dispute. - This is indication that feeling is high up on your cognitive ladder. If conflict between people, conflict that doesn't even concern you (ex, like your roommates not liking each other) has an emotional effect on you then most likely it is your Fe radar activating.

2) I was quite rebellious agains authorities at the school. - This is indication of Ti. Ti is introverted subjective individualistic logic. It gives a sense to its bearer that laws people make are arbitrary not absolute. I call it the sneaky lawyer logic.

3) I'm moderately religious. - Many MBTI types are. This provides little information about the type. Now the reasons you are religious might provide some more clues. When describing yourself for purposes of typing it is best to list the reasons behind your decisions, describe the process of your thinking, describe what leads you to certain outcomes rather than the final outcomes themselves. Many people are religious but they arrive there in different ways.

4) I like to have an order in my house, and my INFP wife is somehow messy. It gets on my nerves, but I keep it in myself and excuse her. - Usually J's require more order around them because inside they are disordered so they need that outside structure to integrate into.

5) Quite often I think about the difficulties the capitalism face with, and about disbalance at the modern economy. - Possibly that Ti showing up again.

6) I love to read the books about different religions of the World, and in general, I'm very excited about all extranatural things, like UFO, houses with ghosts, spirits etc. - Never heard this being attributed to a particular function. Us INFJs usually have an interest in the supernatural. ISFJs I find are better grounded in material world and material reality around them.

7) I don't like parties in general, and feel somehow confused, when being invited to the party, or even by a new person. I already have a couple of old friends and don't really need new ones. - I don't think you are ENFJ then because ENFJs very much like being in groups of people. This is more of indication of your introversion.

So far what you have described goes along with INFJ type pretty well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just to be sure.

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )

In final product, of course.

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)

I can't answer on this question. That means, that I'm like, more realist in the simple tasks of day to day life, but I have a large and idealistic goals, and often don't take possible difficulties and dangers into account. I just want thing happen and "yes we can!"

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

Yes, I will think carefully.

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

Of course, now, a bit less, I think with maturity, but before it was very strong.

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?

I usually have reasons to rebel against authority. Yes, a bit.

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

Both the details which I've found irrealistic, and the ideas.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?

A bit yes. Discussion for discussion, you discuss just to create an alternative oppinion.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?

Before, when I was young it happened often. But I know that the human brain can make you believe, that this symbol is related to what you believe in. It's like seeing animals in the clouds, it doesn't mean they are real.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?

Only if they are made by my closest people.

9b. What kind of criticism hurts you the most?

Already answered

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?

I think I'll find something more interesting to read about, than about the cameras, it's not my cup of tee.

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?

Not really

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

Yes it happens to me

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?

I let people do thinks the way they want. I could give an advice to my wife, especially if we are working together over this thing.

14. how does your average day go in general,

The best I can do, is to think the day before, what I'm going to do, put it in my head, and go through the next day. Otherwise, I stick to my habits.

15. what things do you value the most,

Honesty, faithfulness, deep and altruistic love, family, something contrary to the superficial, justice, compassion, authenticity...a lot of things

16. what things regularly bug you,

egoism, immaturity, obsession about money, superficiality, sexual immorality, irresponsibility, betrayal, insensitivity to the pain of others

17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,

The adherence to the values I've described in the q N 15, otherwise, look N 16.

18. how do you evaluate people in general,
Egoistic, irresponsible, but each has a good part in oneself

19. how do you arrive at your decisions,

It depends if what a decision is about

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.

Oh, Dear, it depends! That my family and me are happy afterwords and living in harmony

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?

Inspiration which doesn't thrive for a long time, but I've become more constant with time, I'm driven to supernatural, I'm gifted about imitating voices, accents, and gifted for foreign languages...I learn to speak very fast, but in writting it's much less spectacular

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?

This thing about supernatural. Also, I have impression to be more idealistic than the most of the members of my family or friends. Sometimes, this idealism is too utopic

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

+Motivation, inspiration, persistance, like "never-give-up" thing

-Some lack of "step-by-stepiness", I would like to enhance my concentration capacities, to be able to work harder and to think faster

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks! That made me a bit more undecided, but I have nothing specific to point to.

Did you read the information I linked to? What did you make of it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! That made me a bit more undecided, but I have nothing specific to point to.

Did you read the information I linked to? What did you make of it?
I have read it word by word, especially analysing Ni. But, for me it is impossible to say, which function I use. I read, and see a little bit of everything in me. Maybe there are specific characteristics of INFJ person? Maybe there are some other questions you may ask?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi.

I've scored

1st step (first characteristic is the strongest one, and than the weaker one etc):

1)Strategic skills
2)Diplomatic
3)Logistical
4)Tactical

2nd Step:

1)Knowledge centered
2)Relationship
3)Authority
4)Impact

3rd Step:

1)Authenticity (largely bypassing others)
2)Stability
3)Expertise
4)Opportunity

The temperament pattern you rated highest:

Catalyst™ Temperament
(aka: Idealist, NF, Blue)

* Diplomatic Talent
* Relationship Centered Learning Style
* Authenticity Oriented Self-Leadership Style

The temperament pattern you rated second:

Theorist™ Temperament
(aka: Rational, NT, Green)

* Strategic Talent
* Knowledge Centered Learning Style
* Expertise Oriented Self-Leadership Style

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
ISFJ does not sound far fetched for your type. I am not leaning towards the INFJ yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ISFJ does not sound far fetched for your type. I am not leaning towards the INFJ yet.
But what about the fact, that I've scored NF at the last test? See my previous post. ISFJ are well oriented at the material world and I imagine, they are never clumsy and know good the combination of colors what I cannot say about myself.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
But what about the fact, that I've scored NF at the last test? See my previous post. ISFJ are well oriented at the material world and I imagine, they are never clumsy and know good the combination of colors what I cannot say about myself.
You seem to show signs of Si more than Ni. AN ISFJ is Si Fe Ti Ne which is close to Ni Fe Ti Se you do show signs of Fe and Ti. I suppose the question is do you have Si or Ni as your dom function?
I am sorry I fail to understand how clumsy has anything to really do with this. Cognitive functions is our process of thinking not our personal coordination and balance. By the way I have excellent balance and coordination. Are you referring to the lack of Se by noticing things?
I would study the difference's of Si and Ni more in depth. By what you say in which what we have to go on I still say ISFJ is not a bad guess. Si and Ni has some similar qualities but yet they are different.

Reactions: Alhazred

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You seem to show signs of Si more than Ni. AN ISFJ is Si Fe Ti Ne which is close to Ni Fe Ti Se you do show signs of Fe and Ti. I suppose the question is do you have Si or Ni as your dom function?
I am sorry I fail to understand how clumsy has anything to really do with this. Cognitive functions is our process of thinking not our personal coordination and balance. By the way I have excellent balance and coordination. Are you referring to the lack of Se by noticing things?
I would study the difference's of Si and Ni more in depth. By what you say in which what we have to go on I still say ISFJ is not a bad guess. Si and Ni has some similar qualities but yet they are different.
What about the fact that at all jobs I've been criticised for lack of concentration, for being "head-in-the-clouds" and excessive chat with colleagues? Doesn't it contradict to ISFJ's profile? Do they usually behave like this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've paid 5 bucks for this test. I've found it's questions more close to reality, than other tests I've done

Personality Questionnaire Results

Congratulations, you're an ENFJ !

That's an Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging type.

Percentages of Results: E/I S/N T/F J/P

70/30 20/80 37/63 65/35

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I haven't dropped you, and I'll get back to this thread by next week when I get more time... Just wanted to let you know...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry, still busy, but I'll give you some thoughts to work on...

You seem to me to rely very much on different forms of testing in order to find out your type. While the tests are not totally useless, they will often not give you your true type. The reasons for this are many, but let's just say that the tests are limited in what they can find out. You did a questionnaire in post #4, and that's a slightly better way of doing things as it gives you the possibility to be more specific about your answers.

I think it would be much easier for us here to help you if you would do two things. First, tell us what you do relate to and do not relate to in the different type descriptions. You said that you relate a little to all of them. Tell us why, and we might be able to find the common denominator. Second, revisit the questionnaire and force yourself to write at least twice as long answers to all the questions. That would also give us more information to go on.

And finally, no one here can tell you your type. It's something you need to figure out, and we can only help you interpret MBTI and understand yourself better. So my best advice would be that you spend some time in the MBTI and Cognitive Functions sections of the forum, and see if the discussions there can help you in any way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thank you very much, Penchant, for your attention.

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )

In final product, of course. I've created a 5 years life plan, according to Zig Ziglar's book. I firstly write with big letters what I want, and than, step-by-step, how to achieve it. I'm influenced by the book, so I see what I want, and then I think what steps I must do to have it.

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)

I think the question is not clear. What is the dichotomy? Realist against idealist? I think, more people become mature, more they become realists. But it's good to be idealistic, because you are able to do much more, then you realistically think.

I can't answer on this question. That means, that I'm like, more realist in the simple tasks of day to day life, but I have a large and idealistic goals, and often don't take possible difficulties and dangers into account. I just want thing happen and "yes we can!"

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

No! I'll carefuly take everything into account. Like, my wife wants to change her university. We are carefully putting things together, taking advices from everybody around, take into account what she wants to do, what she likes, and as a result of this long process, we will take decision.

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

Of course, now, a bit less, I think with maturity, but before it was very strong. I had a strong nostalgia before. Sometimes it made me read the books I've already read. Sometimes, I smell the parfum I used to have before and it remembers me the whole period of my life, and I feel something move in my heart.

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?

Yes, I'm often rebellious and think how to upgrade the system. Thinking about the unjustice at the job. I was like this at the high school. I'm really the fighter for justice.

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

No, i would more often criticise the false and dangerous approach of the scenarist and the bad influence his movie can bring, that it teaches you nothing, or the whole idea etc,..but very rarely, the irrealistic details. Or any details.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?

I didn't realy understand the question. My English is probably not OK.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?

Before, when I was young it happened often. But I know that the human brain can make you believe, that this symbol is related to what you believe in. It's like seeing animals in the clouds, it doesn't mean they are real. For example, some Muslims believe, that this is the word "Allah" in arabic, written on the human ear. Because it looks a bit like it. But it's just that you see what you want to see.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?

Only if they are made by my closest people. But in the job sometimes too. I work less good, when criticised. I loose the trust in myself when criticised and become less efficient.

9b. What kind of criticism hurts you the most?

The criticism that touches the pillars of my convictions, on which my life, my personnality or progress are based. It can really destabilize me.

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?

I think I don't know, sincerely. But I know one thing. I don't like to be conform and to do homework, like, exactly what teacher said. I'd rather go to the class, than go to the library, take a a book or two on it and work alone, and study things alone, without doing exactly as professor said. And I will be more efficient like this, than other students. It's often that at foreign languages, but if it concerns maths, I'd rather do as teacher said, and exactly like he/she's said.

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?

No, I'm in my thoughts, when I'm alone, and I talk to friends when I'm with them, and I don't care, how outside people will interpret my actions. I don't care, there is nothing aggressive or bizare about my actions.

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

Of course! I would remember my own struggling, I would help people out to make them avoid to pass through the same thing.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?

I let people do thinks the way they want. I could give an advice to my wife, especially if we are working together over this thing. But i give such advices or do such conclusions in a soft and polite way, without making people feel criticized.

14. how does your average day go in general,

The best I can do, is to think the day before, what I'm going to do, put it in my head, and go through the next day. Otherwise, I stick to my habits. Like, I'll take my agenda at the evening, and write down the list of stuff to do. Than at the morning I'll concentrate myself, and will make all these things one after another. That makes me feel good. At the evening, we will go to the cinema with my wife, or take a walk in the city, walking to bars.

15. what things do you value the most,

Honesty, faithfulness, deep and altruistic love, family, something contrary to the superficial, justice, compassion, authenticity...a lot of things

16. what things regularly bug you,

egoism, immaturity, obsession about money, superficiality, sexual immorality, irresponsibility, betrayal, insensitivity to the pain of others, neglecting the human factor, like, we have goal to achieve and we don't care about the human factor, they are expendable.

17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,

The adherence to the values I've described in the q N 15, otherwise, look N 16.

18. how do you evaluate people in general,

I can like them or not by their intonations, if they sound arrogant or so. But it's a superficial attitude, which doesn't influent anything in me. Just a small feeling. Then to come to a deep opinion about them, I'll rather see their actions, and especially, how they talk about the others while these people are abscent. I'll see what they truly are, how they care about others, or just egoistically about their asses.

19. how do you arrive at your decisions,

I'd written about it before. If it's important, I'll take as much as possible into consideration, and choose carefully.

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.

That my family and me are happy afterwords and living in harmony. If the results will make people, involved in the thing, happy with what they will have.

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?

Inspiration which doesn't thrive for a long time, but I've become more constant with time, I'm driven to supernatural, I'm gifted about imitating voices, accents, and gifted for foreign languages...I learn to speak very fast, but in writting it's much less spectacular. At the school I was very good at History, Geography, Foreign languages, medium in maths, and wasn't really good at writting the essais. I was bad at manual work, really wasn't able to do things good and rapidly.

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?

This thing about supernatural. Also, I have impression to be more idealistic than the most of the members of my family or friends. Sometimes, this idealism is too utopic. I talk a lot.

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

+Motivation, inspiration, persistance, like "never-give-up" thing, bravery, high moral values

-Some lack of "step-by-stepiness", lack of concentration, "head-in-the-clouds", forget things, stressed a bit, can be a bit nervous

TO PENCHANT:

I'll read what I relate to myself tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You can lead a horse to the water but you can't make them drink....if you want to be an INFJ go ahead all of this is just an MBTI type besides everybody is doing it........PS.stop taking so many test put down the pencil.

I do like this thread though another example of some's misunderstanding of cognitive functions and type.

Reactions: penchant

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can lead a horse to the water but you can't make them drink....if you want to be an INFJ go ahead all of this is just an MBTI type besides everybody is doing it........PS.stop taking so many test put down the pencil.

I do like this thread though another example of some's misunderstanding of cognitive functions and type.
:laughing:I don't want to be an INFJ, I want to know what I am, to know better what jobs are the best for me, and now myself better. I'm going to read ENFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ and INFJ profiles, and write what I associate with myself, and what not. But, can you tell me if it's for sure F and J, and not T P?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts