Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever destroyed his/her infatuation (or limerence) by telling the concerned person about it? I did this a few times in the past to restore order within myself or to remain independent.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
No, it usually makes it worse as the majority of the time the feelings are shared. :/

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the feelings start, I just take notice and stop them before they get too bad. You don't have to say a thing and you learn to control yourself in a new way.

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I did recently. It was the first time using this method. While it helped my sanity initially, I probably shouldn't have used this method on someone who was manipulative. She took advantage of the situation. I'll rethink taking that course of action again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've done so in the past and it's never ended well. I end up putting my feelings out there and getting a "That's nice" in return.

More recently I've found that swallowing it down with a bottle of 14 year old single malt seems to work fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh my god I thought I was the only one who struggles with Limerance and usually at the sight of the first good looking man!
Is it an INTJ thing? It's annoying. I've only managed to destroy it once my lapse of reality is has burst. Usually I spend a few weeks day dreaming like crazy about them and I know it's completely irrational, but I can't do anything about it.
Then something will happen and it's like the biggest slap in the face ever and the limerance ends. For some people it just never goes away...a certain person I've known for about 4 years... Rejection is difficult (particularly for INTJ's who only spend their time on people who deserve to know about them) so talking to the person doesn't always work.

I find I just have to ride it out and wait for that slap in the face. =/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts