Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of the awesome trailer of the sequel, I thought I'd play Human Revolution and ask for your thoughts on the typings of the characters. I've heard that Adam Jensen is an ISTP, but not much else, so, shall we? :perc2:

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does no one like Deus Ex anymore? :(

Oh well, guess I'll contribute some more.

Sarif: ESFJ, and for those who disagree, he's blatantly Fe, his desire for group morale is obvious from his first lines, to reassure Megan that her research will succeed, THEN check the security plans. And whenever you accuse him of anything, he views it as a personal betrayal, but understands you need to know, and gives you what you want.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Ugh, I've played it years ago. Pritchard - grumpy FP? I'd think ISFP. Could be TJ but I definitely don't think he uses Fe. IDK for Sarif. I'd go Ni over Si. Don't think Te dom though.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh, I've played it years ago. Pritchard - grumpy FP? I'd think ISFP. Could be TJ but I definitely don't think he uses Fe. IDK for Sarif. I'd go Ni over Si. Don't think Te dom though.
Huh, I could have sworn this thread was dead and buried. Though, you don't like it? Interesting. :happy: Yeah, Pritchard doesn't use Fe at all, making him quite funny to watch. He seems INTJ to me, though maybe that's cause he tends to focus on the result of things rather than sentiment, and doesn't have the control mentality of an ENTJ. As I said above, Sarif is pure Fe, though I could see Ni as well in the way he thinks augmentations are the greatest thing ever. :laughing:

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Though, you don't like it?
The game? No, I loved it. I just don't replay single-player games because TIME.

For Frank I'm agree he uses Ni and Se in some form. Anecdotal but "UGH, here comes TP" is kind of reaction I get from some Fi users I meet even before I do anything that could cause that. Especially from SFPs and STJs. Have you read Frank's TV show proposal on his PC? I thought FP because it was pretty silly, tbh.

As I said above, Sarif is pure Fe, though I could see Ni as well in the way he thinks augmentations are the greatest thing ever.
Also his part (and his view of) in Panchaea project. Also I remember he tell a story of how he lost his hand and got prosthetic as a kid and how it set him onto the path that got him where he is.

P.S. why the frak I remember this stuff but can't memorize bday dates of my friends and family.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The game? No, I loved it. I just don't replay single-player games because TIME.

For Frank I'm agree he uses Ni and Se in some form. Anecdotal but "UGH, here comes TP" is kind of reaction I get from some Fi users I meet even before I do anything that could cause that. Especially from SFPs and STJs. Have you read Frank's TV show proposal on his PC? I thought FP because it was pretty silly, tbh.
Ah, makes sense, though my reasoning for replaying games is usually; 'Do I want to play it again? Yes? Ok.' :kitteh:

I did think TP as well, cause I've found that a lot of TPs are like him, lazy as hell, but also snarky towards our protagonist, no matter what they do right. Kind of like Shaun Hastings from Assassin's Creed. And no, I haven't, should get around to that, it does seem like a sort of roundabout way of giving the middle finger to Adam, so I'm thinking Fe. :laughing:

Also his part (and his view of) in Panchaea project. Also I remember he tell a story of how he lost his hand and got prosthetic as a kid and how it set him onto the path that got him where he is.

P.S. why the frak I remember this stuff but can't memorize bday dates of my friends and family.
It's funny, outwardly, purely by appearances, he seems like the stereotypical ENTJ boss who will betray you at the best opportunity. :wink:

Heh, blame Ne, it's probably that. :laughing:

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I did think TP for Frank (ISTP hacker stereotype) but he is way too undiplomatic and direct in his dislike towards Jensen in the stubborn Fi kind of way.

Heh, blame Ne, it's probably that. :laughing:
More like inferior Si - important stuff - meh... oooh, look at the shiny game thingy, this is worth remembering!

It's funny, outwardly, purely by appearances, he seems like the stereotypical ENTJ boss who will betray you at the best opportunity.
*Cough* I went for "side up with your boss" ending :|

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did think TP for Frank (ISTP hacker stereotype) but he is way too undiplomatic and direct in his dislike towards Jensen in the stubborn Fi kind of way.
Fair enough, and I guess he'd be a little more... forgiving of Jensen's terminology? :wink: "You don't fix a firewall, you find the hole and you plug it." :laughing:

More like inferior Si - important stuff - meh... oooh, look at the shiny game thingy, this is worth remembering!
Well, it kinda is, at least I think it is... :tongue:

*Cough* I went for "side up with your boss" ending :|
I went for the Hugh Darrow ending, cause truth. :laughing:

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Side with boss because oooh cyborgs everywhere~ I wonder how the humanity will go with this~ Also kind of "my people" (the company) loyalty. I'll tell you if one of my relatives (or close friends=family too) ever ends up with a taking over the world plan I'll support them because family first.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Side with boss because oooh cyborgs everywhere~ I wonder how the humanity will go with this~ Also kind of "my people" (the company) loyalty. I'll tell you if one of my relatives (or close friends=family too) ever ends up with a taking over plan I'll support them because family first.
Sarif hacked off your body parts because he wanted to use you eugh

But I see. Loyalty and curiosity.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, I see, I see.

Which ending did you think was the most pointless?
Honestly? The William Taggart ending, where you end up helping the Illuminati and cover up the truth. I like the idea of the self destruct ending, since it's kind of similar to the one I chose, and I can get behind the Sarif one, cause he's a nice guy, if a bit overzealous.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Sarif hacked off your body parts because he wanted to use you eugh
:laughing: :laughing: I am forgiving person and let it slide because
Loyalty and curiosity.
If he would cross me for the second time after all of that, though...

Canonical ending is self-destruct isn't it?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Honestly? The William Taggart ending, where you end up helping the Illuminati and cover up the truth. I like the idea of the self destruct ending, since it's kind of similar to the one I chose, and I can get behind the Sarif one, cause he's a nice guy, if a bit overzealous.
I thought blowing everything up was pointless. The only reason to do it is to save yourself from making a choice between Darrow, Sarif, and Taggart.

Sarif's a nice guy who butchered you so I have mixed feelings.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: I am forgiving person and let it slide because

If he would cross me for the second time after all of that, though...

Canonical ending is self-destruct isn't it?
But your body parts, Greyhart. I think you only had to lose one arm but he took it all.

Is it?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought blowing everything up was pointless. The only reason to do it is to save yourself from making a choice between Darrow, Sarif, and Taggart.

Sarif's a nice guy who butchered you so I have mixed feelings.
Yeah, I saw it like the Refuse Ending of Mass Effect 3, where all the pressure just gets to the protagonist, and he leaves it for another person to solve.

The thing about this story, is that everyone is either actively lying, or has an agenda. Unless they're Malik, who, well... :dry:

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 56 Posts