Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the last number of weeks,I've become quite friendly with a Girl in my School,While talking one day she agree to take a Test and do some research behind it.To which she discovered she was a INFP.Now because i find her very easy to talk to and Friendly,I was wonder does anyone have any information on how to stay away from their bad side and Expand on the conversations we already have.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you're already meshing well (and you've got that shared N) I think you're fine.

Staying away from their bad side...well...first learn what their bad side is. It's different for everyone. What one person values (Fi) is going to be different from what another person values. Maybe ask her to elaborate on what her values are. Sooner or later you'll step on her toes or vice versa but when that happens be willing to listen and validate her perspective.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I agree with Ballast. I think you should feel out the general area of where her insecurities might be. Get a sense of this and remember that she is going to be taking everything more personally here than you would normally think. Additionally, she can be sensitive to criticism and any perceived judgement (which, if she is relatively unstable in her life right now, might make her react very strongly if/when you step on her toes). Ask her how she reacts to things, if you fear that there was something that she took personally which you feel she ought not to have. I'm a type four so what I say might be colored by that. If she is also a 4, I know that compliments mean a lot to us!!! She likely will be really impressed with you, or parts of you at least, and will like hearing that you value or admire parts of her as well.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Be yourself. We love it when people are real and authentic around us. Most of us also value honesty a great deal. We are all going to value different things however so get to know her as an individual and see what she values.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I really like infps, too bad the few that i met online forget about people.

But you're so awesome. I don't know you very well. I just know you are. :happy:

Reactions: spada

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
You can't avoid people's bad side forever. INFPs are humans like everybody else.

With this said, to avoid making the INFP angry/upset, do not be judgmental (of them or of other people), don't make fun of people for their physical appereance or because someone stutters or things like that, don't slut shame, don't be racist or sexist or homophobe or anythign like that, if the INFP is wearing something you don't like do not tell them, do not mock them, unless they specifically ask for your opinion. Yeah, basically don't be judgmental, and be kind and respectful towards everyone.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
You can't avoid people's bad side forever. INFPs are humans like everybody else.

With this said, to avoid making the INFP angry/upset, do not be judgmental (of them or of other people), don't make fun of people for their physical appereance or because someone stutters or things like that, don't slut shame, don't be racist or sexist or homophobe or anythign like that, if the INFP is wearing something you don't like do not tell them, do not mock them, unless they specifically ask for your opinion. Yeah, basically don't be judgmental, and be kind and respectful towards everyone.
I can somewhat agree with you, but you make it sound like all INFPs will be this sensitive. Don't put us all in this box please.

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I can somewhat agree with you, but you make it sound like all INFPs will be this sensitive. Don't put us all in this box please.
I understand what you're saying (and agree about not putting a collective of people into a box) but it's implied in my post that I am generalizing. The whole point of this thread is to make generalizing statements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I'm for all of this information i Would be a INTJ Type 9,I'm just trying to make a good Impression with With a This INFP because My main circle of Friends are Another INTJ,ISTJ and ENTJ So i don't want to come off a Very Insensitive to her.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Thanks I'm for all of this information i Would be a INTJ Type 9,I'm just trying to make a good Impression with With a This INFP because My main circle of Friends are Another INTJ,ISTJ and ENTJ So i don't want to come off a Very Insensitive to her.
you could go ask the infps. or you could just lurk around in their forum and get a wider, more general view without getting too tied to any one person's say-so about it. you might be better off not even trying to stack the deck though. they're pretty individualized people, just like every other type group. i hate to think what would have happened if my infp friend had taken seriously any of the impressions she already had about intj's, when she and i were getting acquainted at first.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
i hate to think what would have happened if my infp friend had taken seriously any of the impressions she already had about intj's, when she and i were getting acquainted at first.
I know what you mean! If I had believed any of the things I heard about INTJs then I probably would not be close friends with one. I've heard some really bad things about INTJs and it's awesome knowing that it's all just stereotypical bullsh**.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Actually... Some of those urban legends are... You know...

Nah, I completely refuse to believe a lot of what is said on the INFP forum about you guys. Before I got to know my INTJ friend, I started thinking "omg...this guy is an INTJ...I hope those stereotypes aren't true. Please don't hurt me in the feels."

Bahahaha, let's just say I know that some of you are secretly fluffy teddy bears on the inside. :kitteh: You just hide it reaaaaally well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts