Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the wing develop in an individual, or does it kind of "come with" your core type? I'm asking, because I don't remember the presence of my wing until about I was fifteen or sixteen years old.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Eh, it flavors your core type, I'd think it's always there.

Wings are not (for example) 4 + 5 = 4w5. The focus of your core type is decided by your wing.

As a 3w4, I look for admiration and yadda yadda, but I do it in the realm of an individual medium. It's the less people oriented 3 (as 3w2 is admiration in the realm of people, it's more glam).

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I've heard different theories on wings with some saying that its innate and doesn't change and others saying your wing can shift with time.

I'm personally more in favor of the first theory myself but I think the strength of your dominant wing can shift with time. I think people feel the effects of both wings but one is dominant and the dominant one doesn't change. I do think though that with time the wings often become more balanced.

I've always had a 6 wing and when I was young, it was almost exclusively 6 with very little 4. Now that I've gotten older, I have developed more of the 4 wing qualities but 6 is still my dominant wing.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples' thoughts on this.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I think people may learn to make good use of their "second wing" with time.

Both wings are a part of "you", they are like add-on skills that support the strategy of the main type. For the first part of your life you are fixated to one of them, while the other is locked away and very rarely given access to.

A big part of development is to find access to your second wing and use it when your first wing isn't good enough for the situation. (I don't believe a full shift is realistic, though).

In the end wing-theory is shady business and different people will give you different answers. In my case my wing was present as a child, so I suppose it's standard to "be born" with a wing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I find myself submitting to the idea that you have access to both wings.

What do you think of the idea of someone utilizing their other wing in adolescence? Especially if they are faced with circumstances in which their current dominant wing doesn't seem to be "appropriate." I would think that, if you can develop your other wing over time, that a crisis of sorts could potentially shift your wing from one to the other.

Thoughts on this?

EDIT: What I meant was, I think this could be possible, more likely in the childhood/early adolescent stages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts