1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First a reminder why it s useful to develop Ti for Infj :

Why to growth Ti ?

INFJ Personal Growth

An INFJ who uses Extraverted Feeling in this diminished manner may become so strongly opinionated that they form rigid and unreasonable expectations for others. They may feel so strongly about things that they become very passionate and agitated when they feel that something has gone wrong. In these cases, it's not uncommon for the INFJ to express their displeasure with biting sarcasm. They become so emotionally upset that they are generally not aware of how their behavior comes across to others. Even if the consequences of their attitude and behavior is pointed out to them, they may be agitated to the point that they don't care. This kind of situation can be devastating to the INFJ on many levels, and should be avoided. There isn't much that can be done once the INFJ has reached the point where they are too upset to care about others, but the INFJ can prevent this problem from occuring by ensuring that they never get to that point.
How can you, as an INFJ, ensure that you won't get that upset? It probably seems to you that these kinds of upsets are caused by external circumstances and situations. Well, that's not really true. It's true that things will happen over which you have no control. But you certainly have control over how you perceive these things, or more appropriately, how you *judge* these things.
III.Ni-Ti axis

Introverted Thinking provides the solid core for the INFJ upon which they could rely on to make sound and objective assessments of themselves which the Ni-Fe faculties tend to lack.
Introverted Thinking is the only true path to bringing about order to the inner life of the INFJ, and is the primary source of confidence for this type. This will allow the INFJ to freely pursue his vision whilst relying less on the approval of the public. The tough-minded nature of Introverted Thinking will support the vision of the INFJ without a doubt. Developing this function will also help the INFJ overcome the negative and self-sabboutaging tendencies we typically observe in types with a malfunctioning Thinking. At this point, when the visions of the INFJ are rejected, instead of taking it personally and stabbing the challenger with the most vitriolic of personal attacks (nature of negative feeling) and whatever critical and negative thoughts there may be, the INFJ will be able to calmly reason throughout the problem, and find the necessary solutions and ways of dealing with the external world to promote the agenda of Introverted Intuition and Feeling. At this point the INFJ will truly become content with merely having a sound vision, he will know whether his vision is sound or not through the impersonal critical analysis of Ti. If it is unsound, will simply take that as an indication that improvement is necessary and will attempt to do this with no significant damage to self-image and self-esteem, and if it is sound, whilst others may be displeased, he will not go far out of his way to appease them. At this point the INFJ will not be guided by merely the non-rational impulses and hunches and will have more than a mere voice in the sky to justify his teaching.
Articles - SolitaryWalker's INFJ profile

How to improve your Ti ?

So for infj who want to grow their Ti , (and we know we need it - ) here is a new youtube video that explain how and where to look for (basically istp ) (time to digg istp forum^^)

link related to Istp and Ti
Articles - The eight cognitive functions written from an ISTP's point of view. (part 1)

http://personalitycafe.com/istp-forum-mechanics/95943-istp-description-work-progress.html

also it remind me a tools I use for chart the course : an open source java software : GanttProject Home
give you gantt chart and Pert chart (most usefull )

I remind also that my Ni told me to find a tools to chart in a Ti format my worldview (I had a dream where I found a flowchart chart same as this Pert Chart )

share our Ti ressource :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm stunned that there are no replies to this post. I've been wanting to improve myself, and this is very helpful. Thank you, and if you have anything else to share on this subject, please do. Feel free to contact me as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm stunned that there are no replies to this post. I've been wanting to improve myself, and this is very helpful. Thank you, and if you have anything else to share on this subject, please do. Feel free to contact me as well.
I cannot view the link yet but I think this topic is important not least because so many of the people here who think they are INFJ just seem to have such a hard time arguing their positions like that article in the first post says and seem to resort to unnecessary insults and personal attacks when their vision/view is challenged, I have to say I really dislike that, it is so counterproductive and always disappointing.

Ti has got to be one of my favorite functions and probably the one I like seeing used well the most.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
In what way do you want the info?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In what way do you want the info?
Thank you very much for replying. I have an email address: [email protected]
I'm extremely interested, as I score very high on feeling and I've come to terms with that, but need balance and desire to use functions in tandem (analyze logically and rationally what my feelings are telling me). If you have anything on Se, too, that would be helpful. I've spent too many years floundering and eager to learn.

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
so many of the people here who think they are INFJ just seem to have such a hard time arguing their positions like that article in the first post says and seem to resort to unnecessary insults and personal attacks when their vision/view is challenged, I have to say I really dislike that, it is so counterproductive and always disappointing.
I agree that INFJs who haven't developed Ti very well will have a tough time articulating their viewpoints, but I'm wary of making broader generalizations about a given population. Maybe I've just had bad experiences on other forums, but I find many members on this forum to be quite eloquent and intelligent in their writing. It's possible I'm turning a blind eye, but I'm invariably amazed by the level of tact I see on this forum. It's hardly perfect—nor would I really want it to—but I really think this forum fosters a much more welcoming and genuine environment than a lot of other online communities I've had the [dis]pleasure of belonging to.

Another possibility, too, is that perhaps they might have trouble arguing their viewpoint at the present simply because they are still learning? I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt and encourage their growth. I knew this one fellow on a film forum years ago that was just painful to read because he relied heavily on empty superlatives and strong-arm tactics to drive home poorly substantiated claims. Years later, his writing has really blossomed into a much more well thought-out and meticulous style.

As for ways of developing Ti, I found duking it out on the film forums was my training ground. I love writing; even though I still cringe at old essays and see near-limitless room for improvement; my Ti (and all my functions for that matter lol) have been lovingly filed under: Work in Progress... just the way I like it, yo!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Thank you very much for replying. I have an email address: [email protected]
I'm extremely interested, as I score very high on feeling and I've come to terms with that, but need balance and desire to use functions in tandem (analyze logically and rationally what my feelings are telling me). If you have anything on Se, too, that would be helpful. I've spent too many years floundering and eager to learn.
I spew my info all over the forums, sad to say rarely in INFJ forums.. its a tough cookie to get INFJ's to use there Ti in such a manner or even realize the need to have a well developed Ti.
As you pointed out without a good developed Ti our rationalization, and logically analyzing can be difficult. For ourselves or towards others. It is quit common for a lot of INFJ's to have a high Ni and even high Fe but ignoring what our Ni is telling us and denying our Ti.
I made a thread kinda about this recently I will link it here and see if this will help any...

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/124034-ni-fe-how-we-manage-our-fi-side.html

I personally have almost developed my Ti just as much as an INTP, to an extent of course as my Ni-Ti would allow me to say.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I spew my info all over the forums, sad to say rarely in INFJ forums.. its a tough cookie to get INFJ's to use there Ti in such a manner or even realize the need to have a well developed Ti.
As you pointed out without a good developed Ti our rationalization, and logically analyzing can be difficult. For ourselves or towards others. It is quit common for a lot of INFJ's to have a high Ni and even high Fe but ignoring what our Ni is telling us and denying our Ti.
I made a thread kinda about this recently I will link it here and see if this will help any...

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/124034-ni-fe-how-we-manage-our-fi-side.html

I personally have almost developed my Ti just as much as an INTP, to an extent of course as my Ni-Ti would allow me to say.
I am so excited about this information! I've been carefully reading the articles all morning, and they give me hope. I've really been battered in my work life, and feel poisoned because of it, to the point where I've become almost paralyzed (very upsetting and scary). Things are starting to come together for me now, with the help of my wonderful intuition and finding these articles. Bless You! You've truly helped me.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I agree that INFJs who haven't developed Ti very well will have a tough time articulating their viewpoints, but I'm wary of making broader generalizations about a given population. Maybe I've just had bad experiences on other forums, but I find many members on this forum to be quite eloquent and intelligent in their writing. It's possible I'm turning a blind eye, but I'm invariably amazed by the level of tact I see on this forum. It's hardly perfect—nor would I really want it to—but I really think this forum fosters a much more welcoming and genuine environment than a lot of other online communities I've had the [dis]pleasure of belonging to.
Yes, I agree with you about this forum and while I have not been around here long or much, I have seen it a couple more times than I think is desirable where someone claiming to be INFJ is just plain insulting someone else who does not share their opinion/vision instead of just rationally forwarding their own point. Ti development I think can help with this issue even if the issue does not occur as much here as in other places.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
@firelink

Thank you for this valuable post. I actually was looking up Ni but I kept on typing Ti instead; I think I kind of was meant to run into this Thread. I've been like the INFJ described in the past. I think through my own learning, I've come to develop Ti with maturity, because I don't think the world is friendly to an INFJ that behaves in the way described. I don't know why, but ever since I was a child, I was very wary and cautious about my communication with others, and no one around me really allowed me to get into an overly emotional state over my opionions.

I guess I've been lucky. I look forward to reading more on development. Currently (I saw this intuitive lady), a big issue in my life path is being able to distinguish my thoughts and feelings from having to always "fit in" and have approval of others. I feel kind of "alone" to venture in this direction. But my life shows me that there is no other choice, but to try to be independant, not trying to appease. Thanks!

Also, for an INFJ does development happen because of "intuition" stuff? It seems like I'm drawn into challenges without my necessarily knowing about them as they are happening.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I can't say how many times I've read the "INFJ Personal Growth" article. I guess I'm overwhelmed by the big list. But since the new year is upcoming, maybe I can pick through the list and start on improving something! I think, though, I see to do things in a particular "timing", I follow spiritual guidance a lot.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I feel like I do have a well developed Ti function.

In fact my work as an Economist relies on my Ti function.

I certainly was not born with it, I feel like it has slowly developed as I have grown up, and fully blossomed only in the last few years.
I wonder how many of my teachers, professors and friends were the three types he states. I can certainly think of people who really helped me learn how to develop my opinions and ideas on issues and how to articulate my ideas, and also how to not be personally offended when people disagree with me (some areas I still have sore spots though XP ).

I have also found that when I am not sure on my stance of an issue I keep thinking and thinking about the issue from different angles until I find a logical place to stand (which is usually not one of the 'traditional' stances on the subject).
The interesting thing is, when I express these opinions I often get very positive reactions even from people who disagree with me.

So yes! Develop that Ti function!

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
I just found it, that's why! JK< I know it's an older thread. :happy:

Reactions: leftbanke

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ahhh Ti... The INFJ's achilles heel.

If I developed Fi, you guys can do it too.
@Introverted Innovator, you're up early. I bet it's that INFJ coffee you're drinking.

Reactions: leftbanke

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
Ahhh Ti... The INFJ's achilles heel.

If I developed Fi, you guys can do it too.
@Introverted Innovator, you're up early. I bet it's that INFJ coffee you're drinking.

Good morning, O Wind of the Desert! Haha, I don't drink coffee, but yes, it's early :happy: but I normally get up at 4:30 a.m. for work, so it's actually late?

Yes, I am working on the Ti and you called it! It truly is an Achilles' Heel for us...
So, I welcome any advice you would care to provide? (Also, what does January bring to your mind when thinking about it? I'm working on creating a calender of my art and that damn month has me stuck.)

In appreciation of you: Desert Dusk.jpg

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Good morning, O Wind of the Desert! Haha, I don't drink coffee, but yes, it's early :happy: but I normally get up at 4:30 a.m. for work, so it's actually late?

Yes, I am working on the Ti and you called it! It truly is an Achilles' Heel for us...
So, I welcome any advice you would care to provide? (Also, what does January bring to your mind when thinking about it? I'm working on creating a calender of my art and that damn month has me stuck.)

In appreciation of you: View attachment 54710
Good morning II, I'm surprised that you don't drink coffee. I noticed that this is rather habitual in INFJs to indulge in caffeinated drinks. I'm not much of a coffee drinker myself and during the sparse times where I had it was due to extreme situations where energy was needed. Other than that, I stick to tea, if not mostly water.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with Ti? I can point many INFJs flaws in this department but I think you're the judge when it comes down to defining progress. I think in order to develop weak areas you have to start by becoming aware of and recognizing the problem (which you already have). Then I'd proceed to identifying the specific downfalls an strengths and what you are trying to accomplish/correct. Once you have made a draft you can start to analyze yourself and work on those particular pain points.

Aside from that, one thing that definitely is a common flaw in INFJs is their strong subjectivity when blinded by emotions. In order to reduce or avoid that I would suggest trying to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Don't think about your point first. Put it in the back of the bus temporarily. Listen to the person, don't interrupt, let them finish and just consider what they're saying (whether you see it as valid or not). When they're done talking, repeat back to them to reiterate the point and to see that you understood and didn't miss out on any points presented. This can shed a lot of light in the issue. Most thinkers (that you fear so much) tend to have Fi. This function basically works through the recollection of past events and evaluation of data presented at the given moment. It also 'feels' by putting the other person in the a situation that could generate the same reaction. For example, if you were to say something mean to me, undeveloped Fi just let's it slide right this instance but down the line it will find a way to replicate the situation and it will put you on the same place in order to replicate the same effect that was felt initially.

Art calendar? Cool... You INF-Jaysies and your arts n' crafts. What comes to mind for January? Well the answer is simple...

Oh and thanks for the pic. It's gorgeous. Now I'm definitely missing the desert.

Reactions: Dauntless

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
Good morning II, I'm surprised that you don't drink coffee. I noticed that this is rather habitual in INFJs to indulge in caffeinated drinks. I'm not much of a coffee drinker myself and during the sparse times where I had it was due to extreme situations where energy was needed. Other than that, I stick to tea, if not mostly water.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with Ti? I can point many INFJs flaws in this department but I think you're the judge when it comes down to defining progress. I think in order to develop weak areas you have to start by becoming aware of and recognizing the problem (which you already have). Then I'd proceed to identifying the specific downfalls an strengths and what you are trying to accomplish/correct. Once you have made a draft you can start to analyze yourself and work on those particular pain points.

Aside from that, one thing that definitely is a common flaw in INFJs is their strong subjectivity when blinded by emotions. In order to reduce or avoid that I would suggest trying to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Don't think about your point first. Put it in the back of the bus temporarily. Listen to the person, don't interrupt, let them finish and just consider what they're saying (whether you see it as valid or not). When they're done talking, repeat back to them to reiterate the point and to see that you understood and didn't miss out on any points presented. This can shed a lot of light in the issue. Most thinkers (that you fear so much) tend to have Fi. This function basically works through the recollection of past events and evaluation of data presented at the given moment. It also 'feels' by putting the other person in the a situation that could generate the same reaction. For example, if you were to say something mean to me, undeveloped Fi just let's it slide right this instance but down the line it will find a way to replicate the situation and it will put you on the same place in order to replicate the same effect that was felt initially.

Art calendar? Cool... You INF-Jaysies and your arts n' crafts. What comes to mind for January? Well the answer is simple...

Oh and thanks for the pic. It's gorgeous. Now I'm definitely missing the desert.

You made me LAUGH AND SMILE! Hahaha, I do the 5 hour energy drinks to get the B12, since I'm a vegetarian and they have caffeine in them, and I AM A SLAVE to Teavana (Blueberry Bliss is so wonderful).

Great points about communication, yes, I do get overwhelmed by emotion, and with my "arts n' crafts" (thanks for making me sound like a senior citizen, LOL).

I just remembered I have a photobucket.com acct so now I am going to spam you all day and night with the desert, because, shocker, not everyone loves it the way we do. :happy:

As far as wanting to develop Ti - I want to grow as a person, and I think all of PerC knows I'm hunting ENTPs.....in a good way, haha.
Arizona.jpg

Reactions: DesertWind

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
You made me LAUGH AND SMILE! Hahaha, I do the 5 hour energy drinks to get the B12, since I'm a vegetarian and they have caffeine in them, and I AM A SLAVE to Teavana (Blueberry Bliss is so wonderful).

Great points about communication, yes, I do get overwhelmed by emotion, and with my "arts n' crafts" (thanks for making me sound like a senior citizen, LOL).

I just remembered I have a photobucket.com acct so now I am going to spam you all day and night with the desert, because, shocker, not everyone loves it the way we do. :happy:

As far as wanting to develop Ti - I want to grow as a person, and I think all of PerC knows I'm hunting ENTPs.....in a good way, haha.
View attachment 54711
I knew it. I have yet to meet an INFJ that doesn't caffeinate. I normally drink pomegranate tea or chamomile since they're both super yummy. If not, I just indulge in dark chocolate (good endorphin source) since it's definitely a mind booster.

Yes, basically try to communicate your thoughts/feelings in regards to a situation. I notice that when there is a discussion, INFJs tend to keep to themselves and they do not speak their mind. If something makes you feel bad, don't just express that you feel bad. Try to explain WHY you feel bad. Analyze your emotions, self-reflect and try to explain the why of things. That's one of the problems my INFJ ex had. She would just take and take and repress. Whether it was her co-workers, her friends or myself. She wouldn't verbalize as to what was irritating her (even though it was obvious that she was getting irritated) and then one day she would just explode and it was fall out (I'm actually the opposite of that... If there's a problem you're gonna know right there and then. Second time I will make sure you know that there will be no third time... Third time you lose a hand). Don't sweep things under the carpet too often (perhaps the small stuff but never the big stuff... and also keep in mind that the small stuff in time can become a major problem too). I know that INFJs hate confrontation and I know you guys tend to compromise to keep peace but what good is that when you hit your threshold and you explode on people? That kind of behavior is not good. It tends to alienate others and it makes you (you in general) look erratic.

Hey, it's just observation. You INFJs use the arts n' craft stuff as a way to exercise mindfulness. I know you find it relaxing, plus I know you enjoy giving little presents to people.

Ahhh so you want to develop Ti in order to hunt ENTPs? Those guys are the teddy bears (along with INTPs) of the NT world... They're softer than feathered-pillows. It shouldn't be that hard to be honest. They seem to be less en garde (when there are feelers around) when it comes down to logical debate. I grew up with an ENTJ father... ENTJs will decimate you at any opportunity of logical flaw.

Desert pictures....

Reactions: Dauntless
1 - 19 of 19 Posts