Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, being a little melodramatic as far as "diagnosing myself" is concerned.

So hey guys, just joined after testing as an ISFP. I've been really trying to find myself lately and it really sounds like I'm an ISFP. It all makes sense to me, I took the test probably six months back or so and tested as an ISTP (mechanic) and I knew there was something wrong that. I do not have any interests in mechanics, cars, etc.

-I'm quiet and reserved (In my head all the time, constantly worrying)

-I'm soft spoken and timid (as a man, I hate this and whenever I try to correct it and be assertive, I do it wrong and end up being an asshole. Especially when I'm drunk.)

-Incredibly disorganized, huge procrastinator and I don't plan ahead.

-My social skills are terrible. I give up very easily when trying to make friends. I'm hyper-sensitive and hate criticism, and feel snubbed over tiny things. Also, being an ISFP probably sends off gay vibes.

-I can be charming with women if I try. Only when it's one-on-one, though. But that charm fades off after initially meeting them and they see the real me, a quiet and boring person. If I get rejected, I take it to heart and stop talking to girls for a long time. I've never had a girlfriend, I've only had one night stands. I really enjoy making out. I am always pressured into being surrounded by women and I hate it.

-I worry about the dumbest things and I dwell in the past.

-I love the familiar and am close-minded, I don't like to try new things.

-If I don't look and feel good (showered, properly groomed, etc), I am in a bad mood. Basically, I'm metrosexual.

-I don't feel like I've accomplished anything in life.

-I love aesthetic beauty. I'm drawn to good looking people, men or women. I aspire to have a perfect body by working out and running all the time. I love comic books for their art.

-I love fashion and feel I have nice style

And that's enough rambling. I'll deal with being an ISFP but really wish I wasn't one. I think I need to address my anxiety with CBR and possible medication. I think I might ADD-Inattentive as well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My friend, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't just 'cope' with being an ISFP, but embrace it. We might seem like overly-emotional, insecure emos at times, but never forget we have a lot of strengths as well!

You, like myself and many others, have evidently taken the MBTI because you're feeling confused about who you are, why you are the way you are; that you're lacking identity. Your result should support you, and show you that you're not some anomaly, that so many others struggle with your problems every day- a whole 6% of people, if we're being precise about it.

You're displaying a very ISFP trait right now, which is judging oneself too harshly. Look at your weaknesses, and overcome them with your strengths! And think of the other personalities, such as the ones with qualities opposite to yours; think, some of those people must in some ways yearn for the qualities you have!

Do you have any creative pursuits? They don't have to be serious or goal-oriented, but a small spell of creativity can work wonders for an ISFPs self-esteem. Create a personal space and time for your work. Work for you, and for no-one else; no boundaries, no limits, you can do as little or as much as you like. Enjoy it.

You're an ISFP. I know you'll bounce back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know how you feel, there´s many times I wish I was someone else too. I also deal with (social) anxiety and found out that exposure is really the key there. I am trying to accept myself for who I am too, I realized that most other people don´t have the artistic ability that I have so I try to focus on that fact even though I pretty much suck at everything else.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
We aren't a bad group to be associated with :happy:

It sounds like you may be going through a rough patch in life... things have a way of looking up in time. I think we as ISFPs are guilty of being far too hard on ourselves at times. You undoubtedly have a lot to offer... Leeolittlefaith's idea of embracing any creative interests or passions you may have is a wonderful idea.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey. Don't be so hard on yourself. You seem like a nice guy to me. I hope you enjoy it here!
Thanks!

My friend, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't just 'cope' with being an ISFP, but embrace it. We might seem like overly-emotional, insecure emos at times, but never forget we have a lot of strengths as well!

You, like myself and many others, have evidently taken the MBTI because you're feeling confused about who you are, why you are the way you are; that you're lacking identity. Your result should support you, and show you that you're not some anomaly, that so many others struggle with your problems every day- a whole 6% of people, if we're being precise about it.

You're displaying a very ISFP trait right now, which is judging oneself too harshly. Look at your weaknesses, and overcome them with your strengths! And think of the other personalities, such as the ones with qualities opposite to yours; think, some of those people must in some ways yearn for the qualities you have!

Do you have any creative pursuits? They don't have to be serious or goal-oriented, but a small spell of creativity can work wonders for an ISFPs self-esteem. Create a personal space and time for your work. Work for you, and for no-one else; no boundaries, no limits, you can do as little or as much as you like. Enjoy it.

You're an ISFP. I know you'll bounce back.
To be honest, I never really thought of myself as being creative at all. Oddly enough, a few weeks ago this girl wondered if I was an artist due to my personality. I think I explored art when I was younger but was never encouraged so it never developed. I never delved into areas like music or fashion, either. So I'm guessing I just assumed I wasn't an artsy type and was never able to boost my self-esteem by pursuing it.

So right now, no, I don't really have any creative pursuits. But that will change next month when I go back to college because now I have a better sense of who I am. I love writing and am going into media and communications, so that will be explored plus I'll get involved in art, fashion, music, etc.

Thanks for the support.
I know how you feel, there´s many times I wish I was someone else too. I also deal with (social) anxiety and found out that exposure is really the key there. I am trying to accept myself for who I am too, I realized that most other people don´t have the artistic ability that I have so I try to focus on that fact even though I pretty much suck at everything else.
I wish you the best of luck, man. You probably don't suck at everything else, either.

We aren't a bad group to be associated with :happy:

It sounds like you may be going through a rough patch in life... things have a way of looking up in time. I think we as ISFPs are guilty of being far too hard on ourselves at times. You undoubtedly have a lot to offer... Leeolittlefaith's idea of embracing any creative interests or passions you may have is a wonderful idea.
I'll try not to be hard on myself as much. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Acceptance is 1 cure for self-doubt, or always being hard on yourself for not being good socially or this or that. imo.

What i mean is, accepting who you are, your strenths, and weaknesses. Play up your strenths and take pride in them. Don't focus on your 'weaknesses'. First off, why do you consider a part of you weak in certain areas? Compared to who? And why do you care that much? As far as weaknesses or focusing on failures i always remember:

Success is when you focus on your goals.
Failure is when you focus on the obstacles.

I know how you feel though, being hard on yourself, even for little things, that can be a isfp trait that's pretty common it seems. Take pride in yourself and in who you are. And don't let the 'haters' get to you. Cuz' most people that bring you down are self-serving, selfish, insecure douchebags and don't be the victim to them. Always take pride in your strenths and your personality and nothing will get to you.

Girls seem to like that kind of confidence as well. :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts