Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be an INFP psychologist -_- My self analyzing tendencies are starting to make me sound like one

Anyway I've just been thinking that constant over seeking for outside approval often lead to insecurities for the sensitive INFP, whose emotional capacities are rarely understood by people and society at large.

So I think perhaps that a healthier approach can be to consider inward (self) approval too and what it actually means.

I'll try it on myself first

Question : Are you happy about yourself now?

Answer: No, not really, you're not allowing yourself to feel good and let go of stupid fear

I need to talk to myself that way sometimes to improve, I've just been thinking today...

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More exercise between me and ME..

Question: Where do you stand with your loved one?

Answer: He is worth it, you should just wait it out. Don't let anyone stop you, do you want your past to repeat itself? At the same time, please seek more independence. You do not live your life only for men, your identity is more than that. You don't want him to lose respect for you for depending on him too much right? A man is still a man.

:crazy: Damn, that helped!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Q: What do you want out of your life? (Your answer should be mostly influenced by that inner voice of you, no one else)

A: I want to end up with someone that I truly love for the sake of loving him, not out of need or fulfilling a certain expectation/ideal. I want to stop making the mistakes that I repeated in the past when I blocked out my heart many times out of fear, and let other people take hold and brainwash me into pains. I am sick of letting the fear of social evaluation and the fear of ''not being good enough'' stick me with pains that might be imaginary but painful. I want to make a mark on this world, something creative and intelligent, but at the same time being able to follow my heart and a light of independence, calm and untouched self respect while I march through it all. I want to let go of fears, and never stop hoping and never end up empty inside.

It's a good exercise, to have an inner dialogue with yourself written down, I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts