Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i've noticed that istp's look down on us feeling types for allowing our feelings to be hurt. i'm wondering is there anything that can hurt an istp's feelings? can words ever hurt an istp's feelings? if you were paranoid about some body part and someone pointed to it and laughed would it hurt your feelings? would you want to punch them in the face?

do you sort of feel that feeler types are deluded and need to be brought back to reality and be made aware of their shortcomings and just bloody well accept them or does it actually amuse you to see people in pain?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't know about this place but, reposting a locked topic will get you banned from most forums.

Drop the passive-aggressive bullshit and state your point.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about this place but, reposting a locked topic will get you banned from most forums.

Drop the passive-aggressive bullshit and state your point.

my point is stated clearly in the question. did you not read it or something?

i posted that question to get genuine answers. why would i just drop it because someone comes along and starts trouble?

why did you just assume i was being passive-aggresive?

can you show me some logical reasoning for such a statement? i have an inquisitive nature, i'd actually love to see your thought process for coming to that kind of conclusion.

·
Registered
743 Posts
do you sort of feel that feeler types are deluded and need to be brought back to reality and be made aware of their shortcomings and just bloody well accept them or does it actually amuse you to see people in pain?
Amusing. :proud:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ok! Here are my answers:

no.
yes.
yes.
yes.
:crazy:What on earth? Why would I punch my wickle feelings in the face? They're light-sensitive so I keep them in a box under my bed.
no.
no.

I hope my answers are satisfactory.:happy:

·
Registered
889 Posts
my point is stated clearly in the question. did you not read it or something?

i posted that question to get genuine answers. why would i just drop it because someone comes along and starts trouble?

why did you just assume i was being passive-aggresive?

can you show me some logical reasoning for such a statement? i have an inquisitive nature, i'd actually love to see your thought process for coming to that kind of conclusion.
Odd. Your title and post seem to be asking for controversy instead of answers. Your point, as I see it, is to prove something.

I don't personally look down on anyone for having hurt feelings. I look down on people that allow their emotion to rule their lives.

Do things hurt my feelings? Of course, I'm a human not a robot. Would I punch someone for making fun of me? Not at this point in my life. Would they know, unequivocally, that they've pissed me off? Absolutely.

Yes, I think everyone should see and accept their shortcomings. If not, how can you ever hope to improve as a person?

It amuses me to see people in pain when they're the cause of it (ie: dancing into an ice cream truck).

Is your point proven? Yes, we have emotions, too. :wink:

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd. Your title and post seem to be asking for controversy instead of answers. Your point, as I see it, is to prove something.

I don't personally look down on anyone for having hurt feelings. I look down on people that allow their emotion to rule their lives.

Do things hurt my feelings? Of course, I'm a human not a robot. Would I punch someone for making fun of me? Not at this point in my life. Would they know, unequivocally, that they've pissed me off? Absolutely.

Yes, I think everyone should see and accept their shortcomings. If not, how can you ever hope to improve as a person?

It amuses me to see people in pain when they're the cause of it (ie: dancing into an ice cream truck).

Is your point proven? Yes, we have emotions, too. :wink:
ok fair enough. i can see how it might have looked that way.the bit at the end where i said " do you actually enjoy seeing people in pain?" probably wasn't the best choice of words. i chose the title because i thought it was funny and that an istp in particular would be able to relate to it.

i actually have alot of respect for anyone who has the balls to tell me to my face that i was acting like an idiot. it's one of the things i like the most about my istp although i might hate him for a while for hurting me i know he does it out of wanting to help me be a better person. it's a risk being that honest so i can't help but respect it.

alot of people misunderstand istp's and i can see how a feeler who thinks everything is black and white would misinterpret an istp as being cruel for laughing at anothers misfortune. i had a feeling that there was more to an istp than that but i wasn't 100% sure which is why i asked. although i wouldn't be amused by somebody's misfortune even if they were the cause of it i can see how you would be.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Ok, I am closing this thread now. I hope you got the answer you were looking for - and next time don't be so passive-aggressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.