Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Co-ed

Votes: 22 75.9%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you go to a single gender or Co-ed school? Have you gone to both before?

If you've gone to both before, then which did you prefer?

If you haven't, then which would you have preferred to have gone too, if you the chance too?

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^I went to Co-ed school from kindergarten to grade 8, and right now I am going to an all girls school.

I personally prefer the single gender school, since I don't feel as uncomfortable there. But I kind of miss have the opposite gender around. Boys just know how make things fun and interesting and without them, schools kind of a bore.

Though we do have a brother school, with this tradition to run though our school only in their underwear after graduation.

The girls at our school are obsessed with them. They are also known for play pranks on our school, but that hasn't happened yet this year.

We also have this thing, where our school represents D.C. comic book Hero's, and their school represents Marvel comic book Hero's.

Reactions: Gossip Goat

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I went to a co-ed school, but I wonder what single gender schools may have been like. Could've been better or worse. Girls can be quite bitchy to each-other though...

I would have loved to gone to a private school. They're usually more I don't know, well kept, plus I like neat, clean looking uniforms. Public school uniforms are so daggy, lol.
I also think its because I like history, I just like that classic look, feels like you're going back in time and there with all the others from the past.

Well anyway. I don't really have much else to say. Eh..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've only attended co-ed and I believe it helped with interpersonal relationship/friendships. I've seen the same sex cliques form and I didn't care for it as ppl can be mean especially some of the females from my old college and high school days.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I've only attended co-ed.

I don't think I'd want to go to a single-gender school.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I've only been to Co-ed but I would have preferred the same gender school because I would have found it less uncomfortable. Even just in gym class. It was odd having a male teacher but that was because he was kind of inappropriate with the females in our class. And just thinking back on it all, I wouldn't have missed the opposite gender with how handsy some of them could be when they were trying to flirt. I don't know you so please don't touch me. The majority of them usually got extremely and stupidly competitive in gym class which sucked the fun out of everything. One time our gym teacher made the girls and guys play separately because he thought the girls weren't participating enough (this was because the guys didn't trust the girls enough to play well, not because we didn't want to put in any effort). All of us girls wound up having a lot of fun when it was just us playing a game (what a shocker *sarcasm*) while the boys continued being stupidly competitive and cranky. I could tell our male gym teacher was surprised by that fact. He was an idiot though. However, I did have a couple of male teachers who I liked who were kind and/or funny and not inappropriate as far as I know.

I also didn't have any guy friends (just girls) so it wouldn't have been any skin off my back to attend a single gender school. That being said, I don't resent the whole experience or anything. It was just another learning experience *shrugs*

I also would have preferred to have uniforms believe it or not (we could where whatever we wanted for the most part) because it would have taken a lot of stress out of the equation for me with worrying about wearing something "cool" just to fit in and look nice. I worried too much about image and stupid shit like that. When everyone is wearing the same thing, there's no room for any of that.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Co-ed for all of my education so far and for the future I don't doubt too. I was homeschooled a lot of the time, so that's a little different, but I wouldn't want to go back and have been in all girls' school. For one thing, I often find I like spending time more with boys for friends anyhow!

Reactions: Enoch

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
Co-ed.

Could've went to an all boys grammar school but I, an idiot, turned it down and went to a one of the worst public schools (at the time) in the region instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to a private school, but it was co-ed. A great school that was not only co-ed, but reasonably diverse for a private school. Are single gender schools even common in the US? It makes me think of Victorian England. I'd like to learn more than sowing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts