·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, just out of curiosity.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I had imaginary friends as a bored homeschooled kid. I've been rid of them for a while. I don't really need them anymore as I do most of my socialization on the Internet and feel fine talking to myself.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Haven't and still don't but I had an abundance of siblings and neighborhood/school friends to play with. Wonder if it's not so much type but whether people had siblings/friends to play with?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I used to have Webkinz when I was little, it was like an imaginary friend I guess but it was tangible so not really.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't believe there is an imaginary person beside, but I pretend there is. I think that makes sense.

I speak to them internally, but look at them externally, unless I am truly alone ... in which case I talk aloud to them. Really, I'm just talking to myself. I don't make them a cup of tea or serve an extra serving of meals.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My online friends are kind of like imaginary friends since they don’t have much of a physical manifestation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
nope never had imaginary friends, but I do have a special bear that has been my buddy for all my life, I take him with me sometimes when I travel and I talk to him sometimes. Mostly I have story characters I imagine, but I don't think of them as 'friends' in the sense of imagining myself interacting with them or talking to them about my life.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I had an imaginary friend until I became an atheist at 12.

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I see dead celebrities

Reactions: Cal

·
Registered
330 Posts
I used imaginary "friends" who were characters from public entertainment like Star Wars and such to use them for psychology studying, science studying, and mathematical studying as a child and teenager.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I had one when I was a kid, but I don't think I have the imagination to even sustain one for an extended period of time anymore.

Interesting fact, I was easily one of the most imaginative kids I knew despite being an SP. I invented whole religions and led other kids on cultlike endeavors. :skeleton:

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I never had an imaginary friend, but I had Yellow Bear. I don't have him with me anymore...my mom kept it or it's stored away somewhere. I did the usual championship game winning simulation imagination thing as a kid. Playing basketball and pretending I was taking the game winning shot for example.

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
no
but I do believe in a imaginary all good being who created us in his image:eek:h:
no, wait, if he created us in his image should we not all be invisible too?
maybe our visible friends are not real
or we could be their invisible friends

·
Registered
762 Posts
i never know what it is like to have imaginary friends

as a kid i didnt have imaginary friends at all, me and my brother would play pretend where im a princess and hes a king for example and our bedroom is a fortress for example, it was fun

i would also treat my stuffed animals as like pets, nothing abnormal here

but no imaginary friends, you just make a person out of thin air and talk to it? sounds like you have family issues, or being haunted or whatever

·
Registered
763 Posts
Imaginary friends?
This is lame, I have a whole imaginary world xD

I find the concept of "worldbuilding" interesting and amusing. You can learn a lot of things just by thinking of some imaginary world and considering what would realistically happen there. There is a worldbuilding network on stackexchange. I guess it's mostly used by people writing fiction. I find reading some comments there interesting even if I never plan to write any fiction.

Thinking about imaginary things can provide very good ideas. I have come up with some ideas that can be turned into books, movies or games for example.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts