Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess if we consider Si, it's possible to mistake INTP-related traits for physical disorders as well.

·
Banned
3,444 Posts
This is your second post of this sort in two days. The meta question is, have you taken up trolling, or do you need Stuart Smalley? (Just watch your tits around that guy.)

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
"That's just stinkin' thinkin!"
"You're should-ing all over yourself."
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!"
"I am a worthy human being."
"...and that's...okay."
"Trace it, face it, and erase it."
"I'm in a shame spiral."
"You're only as sick as your secrets."
"Compare and despair."
"You need a checkup from the neckup."
"I am a human being, not a human doing."
"Pee-wee Herman: There but for the grace of God go I."
"It’s easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world."
"Labels disable."

·
Registered
INTP
4,475 Posts
@Benty_Badass

No, not at all. I used to think there was something wrong with me because I wasn't the way others expected me to be. When I found out about MBTI and did the test (with a person qualified to administer the test), I found it extremely validating. I'm me! It also helped me to accept people who weren't like me.

I have since done online tests for certain "disorders" and decided that I have ADD and Asperger's. Although these might be attributable to something going on in my brain, I don't consider them disorders. They're just my reality. If someone wants to pathologize these conditions, that's their problem, not mine.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, I have suspected myself of having some sort of disorder. Eventually, I realized I was just overthinking the whole situation, it also took a dose of reality after seeing others who really do have those same disorders I thought I could have.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Never.
Me and others always looked at my personality traits as personality traits.

I didn't even thought of my thought process as that different from others because everything is explainable by different premises and different level of intelligence.
Only in later life I notices that there are quite prominent trends in personality differences so I predicted there must be something like psychological types so when I found MBTI, I was looking exactly for something like that.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
You only assumed?!
It turns out this was the right move. It's easier to juggle information about when it's in the ASSUME column, once it's in the KNOW column you need a jackhammer to dislodge it. MBTI made me realize the rest of the world isn't mad at all...it's just that their cognitive priorities are all fucked up.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
At first, I thought that being an INTP may have explained my severe mental retardation. Turns out, INTP's are suppose to be smart! Looks like I'm going to have to keep on looking...

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
The doc said I had ADD. He put me on crack and meth for 7 years.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk
Sounds like a great doctor. Could I, for any chance, see him for an appointment to check out my retardation? I need answers man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts