2461 - 2473 of 2473 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Yes.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Yeah. But within my own limits. Walked a bit on the beaches, climbed some ladders in a hike mode, rowed a little on the boat function machine, some pull ups, some push ups.

The casual. Nothing intense. I miss the intense trainings. A lot.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I was supposed to walk for 1 hour but it became 1 hour and 15 minutes. Now I have blisters on my feet. I need to start doing core exercises because my legs get a good workout from walking but my lower back is bothering me. It's obviously weak.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
This is off topic. My doc ordered a stress test cuz I got dizzy after running and eating right afterward. (Not supposed to do that.) I prepped for the stress test and went all out. The techie decided I'd reached my peak (I disagreed) and ordered me to stop and sit down. I immediately went into A-fib. The stupid tech didn't know about cool downs which I normally would do.
Whoa! Yeah, gotta at least walk for a short distance. I usually sprint the end of my runs, then walk about a 100 yards while catching my breath, then stretch. I think if I sat down right after finishing I'd throw up.
Interesting that I will also sprint the last minute or so. The run is going to end so it doesn't matter if I can't keep up the stress. Today the same distance sprint was 1:27. Three years ago it was 1:18. Twenty years ago (I have the records somewhere it was under a minute). I'm slowing down, lol. The total run is only 1.7 miles. Today it was 16:18. I'll bet you do a greater distance.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Interesting that I will also sprint the last minute or so. The run is going to end so it doesn't matter if I can't keep up the stress. Today the same distance sprint was 1:27. Three years ago it was 1:18. Twenty years ago (I have the records somewhere it was under a minute). I'm slowing down, lol. The total run is only 1.7 miles. Today it was 16:18. I'll bet you do a greater distance.
Yeah, I'm doing about 6.5 miles right now for my long runs on the weekends. Was at 8 miles a couple months ago before I got sick, so I'm working back up to it. I do probably somewhere around the 1.7 for my middle of the week runs, but I'm jogging most of it so no push for time. I may start doing 5ks and 10ks again soon though, so will be pushing for speed.

You are at a pretty good pace, I may be hard pressed to match that right now. My legs don't get warmed up to speed lately until after the first mile or so, but that's because I don't work those quick twitch muscles in my legs like I used to . . . yet.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It's only 9:10am, so not yet today. But yesterday I walked for 40 minutes, slightly different route than usual. It was supposed to be an hour but my uncle had to come get me since I had the key to my house and he had to get in. We spent almost 2 hours moving stuff from upstairs to downstairs so I walked up and down the stairs a lot, and then I spent at least another hour cleaning, mostly vacuuming. It was exhausting!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I started work out almost every day. To be honest, I am feeling much better now. Besides, I try to avoid junk food and eat more fruits and vegetables. By the way, I wonder what vitamins do you take on a. daily basis? Last time I bought vitamin B12 because of deficiency at Canadian Pharmacy, also I take vitamin C and vitamin D.

2461 - 2473 of 2473 Posts