Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, lol. I think she's as ISTP as one could get. Anyways, can you see a part of yourself in her if you watched the movie or read the books?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Hmmm... she didn't strike me as ISTP... maybe I'll go reread the book now...

·
Registered
204 Posts
she's as ISTP as one could get just curious, lol. I think . Anyways, can you see a part of yourself in her if you watched the movie or read the books?
And you would know that how? / Explain.

Although I liked the Hunger Game series overall, I didn't agree with/ like the end result *shrugs*

For one, the character Peeta pissed me off from about the first time he announced he liked Katniss during the interviews. I think the main reason was that I could definitely see myself in the same position Katniss was/is faced with...and (maybe I'm just immature or something) I'm not sure I'd have done as much as she did for him. I mean, she saved his life like three times just during the Games because he couldn't take care of himself (yeah, I realize that's part of his whole character portrayal/thingymabob), he almost got her killed in that time period (if I'm remembering correctly), and IMO, he friggen emotionally brow-beat her over the head with the fact that he "loved" her and she didn't feel the same way...end result, I think I'd have been a lot less willing to do what Katniss had to do to keep them both alive during the actual event...and afterwards, I think I'd have dumped his ass and gone back to holing away with my family and best friend. That was the other thing...I liked the character Gale a helluva lot more than Peeta...so yeah, whatever. /end incoherent rambling

Anyways, in some parts of the books (particularly the third one), I thought the author was trying too hard to play up the stereotypes of the ISTP in relation to the actions and decisions Katniss made, and for me there was a WTF-is-she-doing-that-for-instead-of-this type question going through my head. I don't currently have access to a set of the books so I can't go back and pick out the details that illustrate my point.

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I dunno.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Although I liked the Hunger Game series overall, I didn't agree with/ like the end result *shrugs*

For one, the character Peeta pissed me off from about the first time he announced he liked Katniss during the interviews. I think the main reason was that I could definitely see myself in the same position Katniss was/is faced with...and (maybe I'm just immature or something) I'm not sure I'd have done as much as she did for him. I mean, she saved his life like three times just during the Games because he couldn't take care of himself (yeah, I realize that's part of his whole character portrayal/thingymabob), he almost got her killed in that time period (if I'm remembering correctly), and IMO, he friggen emotionally brow-beat her over the head with the fact that he "loved" her and she didn't feel the same way...end result, I think I'd have been a lot less willing to do what Katniss had to do to keep them both alive during the actual event...and afterwards, I think I'd have dumped his ass and gone back to holing away with my family and best friend. That was the other thing...I liked the character Gale a helluva lot more than Peeta...so yeah, whatever. /end incoherent rambling

Anyways, in some parts of the book (particularly the third one), I thought the author was trying too hard to play up the stereotypes of the ISTP in relation to the actions and decisions Katniss made, and for me there was a WTF-is-she-doing type question going through my head. I don't currently have access to a set of the books so I can't go back and pick out the details that illustrate my point.

Lol... Her mannerisms in the movie are just so ISTP. Anyway, me too. I always questioned her logic thought out the movie x) It's great though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If she's an ISTP, then *bang*
Fuck.
(I was too busy mocking the writing style and the ridiculous story to focus on typing the characters.)

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I thought a couple times that she might be an ISTP when I read the books, but I wasn't very sure. She seemed too...IDK...emotionally unstable and irrational in certain situations. But she certainly has ISTP-ish qualities, no mistake.

I'm going to see the movie tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Geez..... a spoiler tag should be attached for those of us who haven't finished reading the book yet.... the movie can wait!

These days you just start reading a book and the movie comes out less than 2 months later :frustrating:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
when I'm hungry I like to eat quesadillas, not books.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I haven't seen the movie... or read the book but I got INFP or INFJ from the first impression. I need to go see it!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't see anything of myself in her lol. In the book at least. I still need to see the film. I think what I may have in common with her is that I'm protective of those I care about. But I'm definitely not one to ignore the hot guys professing their love for me -- I'm not cool enough to be like "wait I have to fight a war here, men!".. I'd be like "OK you're hot.... lets do this. And then lets fight the war." Or something... lol. I don't even think actually I'd have the balls to do any of the survival stuff she does. I could never hunt; butchering an animal would make me cry. I do think I could kill some dude that is trying to kill me though, out of sheer adrenaline. Katniss is too bad ass. I'm way too girly to be as cool as her. Sigh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also.... I preferred Gale to Peeta. Gale seemed like one of the only people who didn't go through an emotional breakdown. Everyone has such a fragile psyche in this book series. Katniss questions herself a lot and can be psychologically unstable even though she's physically a badass and can take on harsh situations very well. I preferred Gale cuz he seemed more like a solid rock.. a point of security. Peeta went nutso. I would've preferred if Katniss could've held onto her marbles a bit better but I guess when you're an adolescent in the middle of a war you might go a bit crazy. I value my sanity too much to let it slip like that.. I wouldve understood that keeping my brain together is a priority when trying to rid the world of an evil dictator. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, I can't see Katniss as an ISTP. She's much closer to us in the movies than the books but she's too whiny; especially in the last book. I was really impressed by how much the actress could say without saying anything. Most of her screen time was just staring at someone.

From what we're given about Gale I'd say he'd much closer to our type. Maybe that's why we like him so much?

·
Banned
1,089 Posts

Anyways, in some parts of the books (particularly the third one), I thought the author was trying too hard to play up the stereotypes of the ISTP in relation to the actions and decisions Katniss made, and for me there was a WTF-is-she-doing-that-for-instead-of-this type question going through my head. I don't currently have access to a set of the books so I can't go back and pick out the details that illustrate my point.

Peeta didn't actually say he loved her during the interview, he implied he had feelings for her and it was calculated to save her life. He never thought he'd make it through the game and did actually care for her, and understood the nature of the game was that sponsors had to like the person. He was trying to make her more appealing and that helped to save her well before she ever helped him at all.

I do see Katniss as overall an ISTP.

Reactions: koalaroo
1 - 20 of 29 Posts