Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to utter small lies when I was a child. I was beaten up by my father who never enjoyed lies. He used to tell me to speak truth whenever possible.

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
My father actually taught me to lie. If I spoke the truth I was beaten. If I lied I wasn't. I had to teach myself not to lie after I left home.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I have always been a terrible liar. My face is writ with guilt if I lie.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
I can't lie and get away with it. I start giggling uncontrollably and it is too obvious that I've said a whopper.

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
Oh, I'm sure I tried it a few times, however, my parents had this superpower, they could ALWAYS tell when I was lying. No lie, they used to tell me my nose would grow, and they could tell when I was lying.

I believed them.

I was no match for those two very smart ENTJs.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Don't turn around too quickly, Pinnochio, or you'll knock over a priceless Ming vase with your nose!!!

Oh, I'm sure I tried it a few times, however, my parents had this superpower, they could ALWAYS tell when I was lying. No lie, they used to tell me my nose would grow, and they could tell when I was lying.

I believed them.

I was no match for those two very smart ENTJs.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,130 Posts
Had I lied more than the time or two that got me caught, I would not have lived to tell about it. Nothing set my mother off more severely than being lied to.

It's funny how, even now, I completely suck at it.

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
As little as possible, because I knew I would be getting the switch if I was caught. :tongue:
I remember switches. Sometimes I had to go get one if my dad didn't have one around. :shocked: Gosh those things stung like a whip.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
You had to provide your dad the device so that he could torture you? That seems a bit over the top to me. :angry:
I remember switches. Sometimes I had to go get one if my dad didn't have one around. :shocked: Gosh those things stung like a whip.

Reactions: Aqualung

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
You had to provide your dad the device so that he could torture you? That seems a bit over the top to me. :angry:
Yeah, he preferred the belt but now & then he would switch. Fun guy to hang out with. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts