Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try the "7 Pounds in 7 Days" juice diet, and today was day 1. I think I've consumed more fresh fruits and veggies (all juiced in my brand new juicer) today than I have all year! So far I feel fine, but who knows what kind of a trembling, caffeine-and-sugar-withdrawing wreck I'll be tomorrow!

I'm doing this because I really need to lose weight, and I want to be a better manager of my health. I've found that losing weight is incredibly difficult after 40. Are any of you familiar with this particular diet, or juicing in general? Any tips for me? I can use all the support and encouragement I can get!

Reactions: Glenda Gnome Starr

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
Congrats on a great first day! I haven heard about the juice diet, but it sounds interesting. You don't get to eat anything? Is it supposed to kickstart your metabolism? I have heard that weight loss results generally show up about two weeks after a diet has begun, so it'll be cool to see if that it true for this particular diet too.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
I'd love to learn more about juicing. I've been working on losing ten pounds and have lost almost six but it sure is a slow process!

Reactions: Swede and damfino

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seven days of only freshly made juices. All of the juices on the diet are blends, so I'm making various concoctions using apples, carrots, greens, cucumbers, avocados, lemons, alfalfa sprouts, pineapple, wheatgrass, celery, beets, broccoli... everything tastes pretty good so far to my carnivorous palate. It's designed to cleanse the system and overcome the cravings for junk. The diet was designed by Jason Vale and the book is called "7 Lbs in 7 Days". His website is Juice Master USA - Jason Vale: Juicing, Juice Diet Reboot, Juice Recipes, Fusion Juicer, Rebounders, Juice Bars, Supplements and has lots of info about juicing.

Reactions: Swede

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am glad this thread is here.

I am interested in what your results are, and would be up for trying this as an end-of-summer "clean up".

Want to lose at least 10 pounds, too.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day two and still doing okay.... but I work tonight and I don't know how I'm going to feel by morning. I already finished the fresh juice I brought to work and have only a bottle of store bought stuff to get me through the next 8 hours.

The good news is, I've lost 3 lbs so far, and I haven't felt hungry or had any cravings. Just a mild headache.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I used to juice a lot & I sort of got lazy & out of the routine but I want to start up again. There are fruits & vegetables that I will not eat but I'll drink them if they're juiced. Like carrots & beets, & things I wouldn't remember unless I'm standing in the produce section. Sometimes I'd spoon out the pulp & eat it later. Lots of fiber in that. My mom used to juice a lot & bake muffins with the pulp. Good stuff. It's weird how many different combinations of things you can juice & it always tastes so good. I've never had to pour anything out because of the taste. (never juiced onions or garlic though) Anyway, I'm curious how the 7 day plan works out so keep us posted.

Reactions: Swede and damfino

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By 3 am this morning I had a wicked headache. I didn't bring enough juice to work and was pretty miserable by the time I got home this morning. Slept a few hours, got up this afternoon and started a new day. Feeling a lot better physically, but solid food is starting to look awfully good! I keep telling myself I only have 4 more days to go and that I can do it. It's hard though when my daughter makes cheddar bacon mac & cheese for her own dinner!

I didn't realize you could do stuff with the pulp, @Aqualung. It seems like a waste to throw it out.

Reactions: Aqualung

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
By 3 am this morning I had a wicked headache. I didn't bring enough juice to work and was pretty miserable by the time I got home this morning. Slept a few hours, got up this afternoon and started a new day. Feeling a lot better physically, but solid food is starting to look awfully good! I keep telling myself I only have 4 more days to go and that I can do it. It's hard though when my daughter makes cheddar bacon mac & cheese for her own dinner!

I didn't realize you could do stuff with the pulp, @Aqualung. It seems like a waste to throw it out.
You can do it - almost halfway there!
Are you drinking enough water? I unusually get headaches when I am dehydrated.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today was better, but I still have a nagging, lingering faint headache. And food looks good. Like, REALLY good. I only have 3 more days to go so I think I'll be fine. I can be pretty self-disciplined when I choose. (I just usually don't choose!)

The diet book claimed that by now I should have loads of energy and notice improvement in my skin. My energy level really seems the same as always. I do find that I feel more awake in the mornings. Usually I stumble out of bed and into my recliner with a big mug of fresh brewed coffee and it takes an hour or more before I am functional. Now I wake up and I'm awake. But overall I'm not noticing any increased energy throughout the day. As for my skin, no difference either, but my skin isn't too bad to begin with.

Day 4 and the jury's still out. I work Saturday and Sunday nights and am worried that I'll have problems making it through the night like I did on Wednesday. The juice only "keeps" for 4-6 hours so I can't make enough to last 12.

Will update again tomorrow night.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
@damfino, I really appreciate your journal about juicing and weight loss. It does seem like a lot of work but it seems that you are getting through the detoxing stage well. Thank you for sharing both the good and bad parts of this diet plan.

Reactions: damfino

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5 lbs gone today, and so is the headache. Today is the best I've felt yet. But food still looks and smells so good!

I just finished the last of the double batch of juice I brought to work with me. Hopefully I won't start to run down and get a headache later on.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything finally kicked in today! I suddenly feel great, my energy is increased, and I'm no longer lusting (much) after solid food. I've lost 5.5 lbs since Tuesday and my pants are definitely looser. A couple coworkers commented that my face looks leaner. (Well, one of them wasn't quite that diplomatic; he said, "Your face has less fat!") The headache is finally gone, too. One more day to go!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spoke too soon... I would crawl through broken glass right now if it meant I could have a big bowl of homemade mac and cheese.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Oh no, @damfino, could it be that you are... gasp... human??? (You were turning into a Nutritional Superhero until this point, lol.)
I'd gladly bake that homemade mac and cheese for you if we lived near each other.
All of a sudden, I want it, too...

Spoke too soon... I would crawl through broken glass right now if it meant I could have a big bowl of homemade mac and cheese.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@walking tourist: Be very, very generous with the cheese. I like it cheesy. :tongue:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Reactions: damfino
1 - 20 of 26 Posts