Personality Cafe banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I'm having some difficulty wrapping my head around honor in relation to type 8. Honor sounds like an image-thing to me.

Granted, 8 does have a line to 2, who is the prideful type, so in that sense I can see why they'd care about their honor.

Edit: Maybe I posted this in the wrong thread. =P

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I'm having some difficulty wrapping my head around honor in relation to type 8. Honor sounds like an image-thing to me.

Granted, 8 does have a line to 2, who is the prideful type, so in that sense I can see why they'd care about their honor.

Edit: Maybe I posted this in the wrong thread. =P
8 has a STRONG desire for TRUTH. And even JUSTiCE. but we really don't care that someone SEES that we fixed shit.

so, we fix shit, but not for IMAGE. We fix shit to make the world fair, especially for the weak or vulnerable.

Fuck over someone I like, and honor is an irrelevant theory not applicable to anything.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
@drmiller100
Well, I read something about 8s caring about honor, but it might have been in a different thread. Was a while ago so I lost the original post.
what is honor? there are many different nuances. some say honor has an appearance, or image to it. I don't give a shit about that.
some say honor is being honest to yourself, and being proud of what you stand for. Yeah, I'll agree to that.
some say honor is Truth. Yup.

·
Registered
653 Posts

A certain sense of honourability is - there are rules of conduct that have been broken, and shame has been brought on to the perpetrator and possibly his family. That is a form of honour, and especially in relation to groups and just plain being in good standing in general can be a very image-y affair.

The kind of honour that's talked about with respect to the eight is more about the individual's character, and having a certain reliability: Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty were enemies but he knew he could write a letter to Watson without Moriarty killing him because they both respected one another.

It's the difference between going to one crimelord's den and knowing you have to have a bomb big enough to blow up the whole building just so you won't be torn to shreds by the rabid dogs and another where you know you can state your business and at worst you'll just be kicked out.

It's not about that being written in some law, it's simply about how that person feels people should be treated. Those standards can be utterly different to two very alike individuals simply because they feel like that.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
A certain sense of honourability is - there are rules of conduct that have been broken, and shame has been brought on to the perpetrator and possibly his family. That is a form of honour, and especially in relation to groups and just plain being in good standing in general can be a very image-y affair.

The kind of honour that's talked about with respect to the eight is more about the individual's character, and having a certain reliability: Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty were enemies but he knew he could write a letter to Watson without Moriarty killing him because they both respected one another.

It's the difference between going to one crimelord's den and knowing you have to have a bomb big enough to blow up the whole building just so you won't be torn to shreds by the rabid dogs and another where you know you can state your business and at worst you'll just be kicked out.

It's not about that being written in some law, it's simply about how that person feels people should be treated. Those standards can be utterly different to two very alike individuals simply because they feel like that.
Very well said.

Let's say I'm an alpha 8, sitting in my club house with all my little groupies hanging out. Let's say some asshole wants to meet, and asks to come in and talk. If he/she had the balls to do it, I'd look long and hard as to what my beef was with such a person, and whether it was worth it. I'd absolutely "honor" his neutrality as we talked, and I'd be inclined to listen.

romantic drivel, cliche, for sure, but also valid.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts