Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm fairly new to enneagram. I've noticed that one of the most common types for an ENTP is 7w8 3w2 8w7. I've done the test twice and got 7w8 3w4 9w8 both times. Is there a real difference between the two and if there is, what it might be? Another thing, how do I know the instinctual subtypes?

Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I can see where the confusion comes in here, as both the 7w8, 3w2, 8w7 and the 7w8, 3w4, 9w8 types have 7 and 3, which are both assertive types. Obviously, the difference lies between 3w2 vs. 3w4 and 8w7 vs. 9w8.

I'm going to start with the 3w2 vs. 3w4. This is a post that was written by the user @Scruffy and I thought explained the differences between the two really well.

Competence, success, image, motivation, identity, and ability. (3)

w2, In the realm of people, they are the best in the pack. They shine and you can shine with them, often shining examples and generally more gregarious.

w4, in the realm of unique presentation, they are inherently separate from the pack. They intrigue, they draw you, but they are not and will never be "one of you". Aloof.
As for the difference between 8w7 and 9w8, this is easy. The main desire of an 8 is to have control over others, whereas the main desire of a 9 is to avoid conflict. Whereas an 8w9 and 9w8 might be easily confused for each other, an 8w7 and 9w8 is easy to differentiate. An 8w7 is going to have a more aggressive and dynamic presence, whereas the 9w8 will have a sense of calm that is accompanied by a sense of groundedness and a fiery temper that will erupt if their inner peace is challenged.

Hope that makes sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts