Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For various reasons, my anxiety has been up the wazoo this year. I feel like my anxiety is largely situational. Some personal issues have been leaving me completely worried where my nerves have been shot every other day. Honestly, that's a big part of why I haven't posted much on here recently.

I've definitely had more times where I'm not feeling optimistic. Things do seem hopeless much of the time. Some times, the only things I can relate to in Type 7 are hedonism and impatience especially when I'm feeling anxious.

So my question is - what are some traits of non 6's who are really struggling with anxiety? 2021 hasn't been the easiest year for me and some things that happened have clearly led me to feel like crap.
Or does my overwhelming anxiety suggest that I am a 6?

·
Boaz & Jachin
ENTJ · LIE · VLFE 8w7 · 873 · Sp/Sx
15,150 Posts
All humans experience anxiety.
Type 5s, 6s, and 7s deal with anxiety more than other types.
Anxiety is not a core trait of Type 6.

Type 5s are likely to deal with anxiety by applying themselves to skills, hobbies, and knowledge discovery.
Type 6s are likely to deal with anxiety by seeking guidance and support from others, systems, or some form of "authority".
Type 7s are likely to deal with anxiety by distracting themselves with pleasantries, stimulation, and activity.
These are where 5s, 6s, and 7s maintain their sense of security.

All humans will do everything listed, but to certain degrees, and they will prefer ones over to the others.

·
Registered
INFJ - 4w5 (497) - so/sx
406 Posts
Thats a really good question. I think the defining feature of a 6 is anxiety. As in, they can't not be anxious about stuff. They conciously and unconciously detect stuff that could go wrong and plan ahead to combat those possibilities.

I as a 4 experience anxiety, but its more expectational anxiety, social anxiety. As in, I imagine what people will think about me and what they might do or not do because of it. Although that could be specific to me.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,562 Posts
We all start dipping into the unhealthy levels of our type when we experience crisis situations in our lives. If your response to your anxiety is hedonism, that sounds very 7. Though 6w7 is always a possibility. I suggest you read what the unhealthy levels of both the 7 and 6 look like to see which one you identify with more under times of stress:

As a type 6, I only feel overwhelming anxiety when I'm also experiencing a crisis situation. I also have social anxiety, but for the most part, I feel at peace/content when I'm not in a crisis situation. The goal of the Enneagram is to transcend your core fears, after all, rather than over-identifying with the negative aspects/maladaptive coping mechanisms of your type.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,613 Posts
For various reasons, my anxiety has been up the wazoo this year. I feel like my anxiety is largely situational. Some personal issues have been leaving me completely worried where my nerves have been shot every other day. Honestly, that's a big part of why I haven't posted much on here recently.

I've definitely had more times where I'm not feeling optimistic. Things do seem hopeless much of the time. Some times, the only things I can relate to in Type 7 are hedonism and impatience especially when I'm feeling anxious.

So my question is - what are some traits of non 6's who are really struggling with anxiety? 2021 hasn't been the easiest year for me and some things that happened have clearly led me to feel like crap.
Anyone can have anxiety regardless of type. Why are we thinking 6 anxiety is somehow "special" or "different" from the anxiety of any other person's type? Fear is fear. It is a primal instinct. We all have to face it.

·
Premium Member
MULTIDIMENSIO
1,763 Posts

what is the difference btw. between an ass and a pear or between banana and a cock..(issues over issues...on board of the pc...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts