Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyi lovely people

In short, I'm gonna announce it now, I'm an emotional Thinker. Okay? You might be too. ;) or you don't have emotions because you're a psychopath

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh boy, as feeling as one can get.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The aaaar irrational thingy's that make ya do nice shit when ya later go no fuck no.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
I will put my interpretation in example format. Agree? Disagree? Am I interpreting this too literally?

Emotion: I cried after witnessing someone else cry.

Feeling: I cried, because watching someone else cry was really sad.

Example for emotion is detached from the evaluation of the action in terms of internal values.

Example for feeling is the evaluation of why the physical act of crying was an appropriate response based on internal values.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
So feelings are just a more sophisticated form of emotion?
Yes, you could say that. A more abstract form of them.

Lower and more ancient brain layers are responsible for emotion and newer areas in the prefrontal cortex translate them into the more sophisticated forms that are integrated for societal contexts too.

I will put my interpretation in example format. Agree? Disagree? Am I interpreting this too literally?

Emotion: I cried after witnessing someone else cry.

Feeling: I cried, because watching someone else cry was really sad.

Example for emotion is detached from the evaluation of the action in terms of internal values.

Example for feeling is the evaluation of why the physical act of crying was an appropriate response based on internal values.
The emotion actually does come with an evaluation, it just has less refined content, can be very simple. IMO.

Your last line, I agree with this, it is refined and abstract enough to take into account such more complex social factors.

I guess Thinking types have way fewer feelings than Feeling types but they will still have some emotions. I imagine Feeling types have both and know very well how to translate the emotions into more abstract feelings to deal with them in a more complex way. Thinking types would simply quickly turn to impersonal evaluations from the emotions, with a problem-solving orientation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts