Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Ne dominant or auxiliary but I have trouble identifying which one fits me best.

What is the difference between Ti and Fi and how can you understand it? It is very difficult for me to identify and there are so many different descriptions but I find them a bit too general and not detailed enough.

I seem not to identify with each one of them for certain reasons:

ENFP- Usually liked by people, I tend to be sociable but distant. Also I can be very off at times not as hyperactive. Most protagonist in fiction are also ENFP and they just seem too likable I think I would be more behind the scenes( more of a protagonist wannabe).

ENTP- very witty, very good with words and I suck at that I need to prepare and think about it for hours.
I usually will keep the witty comeback to myself except if I know the person well or if I am irritated ( I have a bit of a temper). Also I have atychiphobia ( fear of failure) so I hate competing and ENTPs enjoy debating or as such. Also I am not as relaxed I am very anxious.

INTP- Fits perfectly, I'm a jack of all trades master of none except I can be more aware of people and my surroundings ( I have to try though) I do not seem aloof and I wouldn't mind being a leader ( I would be a leader or alone I don't follow )but I would be more democratic

INFP- I can identify with INFP characteristics but again I have a more dominant appeal, I don't follow. And I think I would do something that is rational rather than what I like or what I want to do. Also very good writers, I am too impatient for that.

Are there any questions that these four personalities would answer differently? As for test I tend to test as an INTP but I am unsure since I haven't been able to distinguish the difference between Ti and Fi and how would you understand your dominant function.

English is not my first language sorry for the atrocious grammar and spelling.

Thank you !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ti is abstract systems oriented, ie (computer coding, music theory, taxonomy, language, mathematics etc). Fi is personal morals, making a personal judgement on someone whether or not they act according to certain morals.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fi doms/auxs are extremely aware of how they feel, but prefer to deal with those feelings in private. When they communicate, they might come off as blunt. Well, not exactly. More like their feelings don't present themselves in their voice. Very unlikely to have emotional outbursts, though they might cry/get really angry about things they relate to. An Fi user might watch a movie in which, say, a dog dies and not cry. Another Fi user might watch the same movie and weep, because it reminds them of their own dog/loss of their pet or something. The point is that for something to affect them, it has to be something that has to do with them personally.

Ti doms/aux are extremely analytical. They want to know why something is. Like Fi's moral compass doesn't admit exceptions, something has to make sense to Ti for them to accept something. Facts aren't enough, they have to draw their own conclusions. They'd poke and poke at things until they figure out how they work.

Both are subjective functions about judgment. Fi have their own moral standards, which are subjective to them and are treated as universal, while Ti have their own reasoning, which is subjective to them and has to make sense for them.

If you can't decide on introversion/extroversion, try going by inferior functions. What's hardest for you: remembering names, being practical, trusting the past (ENXP)? Or, being organized, following through with things, being objective (INFP)? Or, being social, understanding your feelings, not hurting other people's feelings (INTP)?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fi doms/auxs are extremely aware of how they feel, but prefer to deal with those feelings in private. When they communicate, they might come off as blunt. Well, not exactly. More like their feelings don't present themselves in their voice. Very unlikely to have emotional outbursts, though they might cry/get really angry about things they relate to. An Fi user might watch a movie in which, say, a dog dies and not cry. Another Fi user might watch the same movie and weep, because it reminds them of their own dog/loss of their pet or something. The point is that for something to affect them, it has to be something that has to do with them personally.

Ti doms/aux are extremely analytical. They want to know why something is. Like Fi's moral compass doesn't admit exceptions, something has to make sense to Ti for them to accept something. Facts aren't enough, they have to draw their own conclusions. They'd poke and poke at things until they figure out how they work.

Both are subjective functions about judgment. Fi have their own moral standards, which are subjective to them and are treated as universal, while Ti have their own reasoning, which is subjective to them and has to make sense for them.

If you can't decide on introversion/extroversion, try going by inferior functions. What's hardest for you: remembering names, being practical, trusting the past (ENXP)? Or, being organized, following through with things, being objective (INFP)? Or, being social, understanding your feelings, not hurting other people's feelings (INTP)?

Thank you for your thorough explanation. I think Im an ENTP. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts