Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have noticed there genuinely seems to be some differences, like I think we do use Ni and Fe in a similar way however I think there maybe be a somewhat more laid back approach to certain aspects fore males possibly, im not sure if it could be just a feminine nature to be just that bit more sensitive than males ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Uhh...the difference between males and females are covered in anotomy class :tongue:

But seriously, males by nature aren't as sentimental as females, it has been like that since we lived in caverns. INFJ males can be warmer than other non feeling types when they want to, but in my opinion they still fall short in comparison to the almighty female INFJ:laughing:. About the use of Ni and Fe, I think it's similar, however, men tend to be more laid back than women.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhh...the difference between males and females are covered in anotomy class :tongue:

But seriously, males by nature aren't as sentimental as females, it has been like that since we lived in caverns. INFJ males can be warmer than other non feeling types when they want to, but in my opinion they still fall short in comparison to the almighty female INFJ:laughing:. About the use of Ni and Fe, I think it's similar, however, men tend to be more laid back than women.
Ah yeah makes sense :), I feel like an INFJ gf/wife would be perfect for me, like we would just understand each other perfectly and probably give each other what we need but maybe there is alot more to it and it wouldn't be so perfect lol. Also I would have PMed you before sending friend request but not enough posts yet XD

Reactions: Deafwords

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah yeah makes sense :), I feel like an INFJ gf/wife would be perfect for me, like we would just understand each other perfectly and probably give each other what we need but maybe there is alot more to it and it wouldn't be so perfect lol. Also I would have PMed you before sending friend request but not enough posts yet XD
Hey, my posts are really low too :happy:

Besides, I did not say much. About INFJ male/ INFJ female relationships...I'm not sure about it. Being the same gender I can imagine them being amazing friends, and even more amazing lovers, but I enjoy having someone of a different typing to share a relation with. I am just one of those odd balls that never met an INFJ girl, though I'd enjoy talking to one quite a lot I'd assume.

INFJ's have that adorable thing about them :kitteh: or so I tell myself (but then again, that's what every mom says to their child).

·
Banned
22 Posts
I feel like a male INFJ and a female INFJ are no more different than two INFJ individuals in general. We all have our unique qualities, and I don't think that there's a defining quality which separates our personalities based on biological sex. There are, of course, generalizations, but they are just that: generalizations. :)

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts
INFJ men are relatively effeminate for men. INFJ women are very much masculine for women.

That's about the sum total of the differences.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I somewhat find INFJ females flashy and want to get noticed more than INFJ men. They dye their hair in crazy colors or wear obvious clothing. And in general try more to be obvious on the Internet than men.

I find INFJ males much more secluded and quiet, much more likely to camouflage in a crowd, much more hidden. And they dress commonly too. And are more able to fly under the radar.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a 3w2 and I would say I'm a lot more extroverted than the INFJ females I have met. They are a lot more in touch with their feelings though, and able to verbalize them a lot quicker.

Would agree with your dress sense comment though. INFJ males I have met dress more conservatively, and use a lot less bright colours in clothes, or hair.

·
Registered
INFJ
1,326 Posts
I somewhat find INFJ females flashy and want to get noticed more than INFJ men. They dye their hair in crazy colors or wear obvious clothing. And in general try more to be obvious on the Internet than men.
YUP! That’s me. I feel like, for me as an INFJ female, I often feel more masculine than other MBTI women. I feel like a man when I’m around my INFP girl friends, even my ENFP girl friends. Next to an ISFJ I also feel kind of tomboyish.

I usually get “dolled up” and have a more flashy sense of style and I think I do this to kind of play up my femininity, otherwise I feel rather masculine (because of my personality).

I find INFJ males much more secluded and quiet, much more likely to camouflage in a crowd, much more hidden. And they dress commonly too. And are more able to fly under the radar.
Yes! Every INFJ male I’ve met very much blended into the crowd, really didn’t stand out much - including my INFJ-dad lol My INFJ dad (in his younger years) was actually quite handsome. He was in a band and was studying medicine, but in terms of his style/fashion he was meh. Just blended in lol

My ISFJ-mom would talk about how there would be throngs of women waiting for my INFJ-dad to come pick up my mom from her campus during their university days. However, he was pretty jealous and my mom didn’t understand why he was so controlling, asking her to cover up hahaha :laughing: They got married pretty quickly too. He met her in church and wouldn’t date any woman that didn’t share his faith (pretty strict about that).

Reactions: AnneM

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮ INFJ Hellena Handbasket 479 sx/sp 🇺🇸💃🏻💋
6,104 Posts

Was gonna argue this point, but remembered my red leather pants and sits back down.

9,999 Posts
I'm sexier.

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
YUP! That’s me.
OOF. Post from 2015. I mean, it's still something I believe in, but the way I wrote it gives me the cringies. I'm not ashamed. Is just that I'd write it more elevated and intellectual and shit. Nah'mean?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Forgot to say I didn't however I think that was probably down to me being very self aware and choosing only to show certain certain traits around people I knew wouldn't judge me on it... and hiding some around those I knew would... we might be social chameleons?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well I have noticed there genuinely seems to be some differences, like I think we do use Ni and Fe in a similar way however I think there maybe be a somewhat more laid back approach to certain aspects fore males possibly, im not sure if it could be just a feminine nature to be just that bit more sensitive than males ?
Don't forget that the same differences between men and women in general also apply to INFJ's. As the latest issue of Psychology Today points out, it may not be PC to point out that there are gender differences, but the research continues to show that it is so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.