Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me some of the common differences between ISFP and ISTP?

Feel free to use metaphors/stories/experiences/ broad examples, whatever.

I'm trying to determine my friend's type.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hmm.:dry:

The ISTP is like an INTP with their eyes open, i.e. are less likely to walk into things as their eyes are in front, rather than in the clouds.

An ISFP will frequently have deep, immovable beliefs, whereas the ISTP is open to suggestion, provided there is proof.

The ISFP has more imagination than the ISTP.

The ST tends to get bored very very easily. When the SF has a project, they see it through to the end, unless frustration and/or lack of resources gets the better of them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My brother tests as ISTP, and to a stranger, I think it would be very hard for them to detect the differences between him and I. We can appear very similar in many ways. . . we're both easy-going, reserved people who like to have fun and joke around.

The main difference between my brother and I is he does not let emotions get in the way of his actions. One example, when we're told our flight is cancelled after hours of delays, I start to get angry with the airline employees, which really is useless in the end, but I can't help it because I feel mad. My brother also feels mad, but he remains cool and calm while dealing with the airline employees. He can control his emotion and not let it interfere with the task at hand.

Also, I notice in the ISTP forum they have a thread for ISTP one-liners, and I can totally see this with my brother. Even though we're both quiet and reserved, he seems to use even fewer words than I do when communicating. He's clear, concise, and to the point, so he doesn't need many words.

One more thing, we both love adrenaline, but he really takes it to the extreme, compared to me. He's the ultimate dare-devil. This probably has something to do with him not letting his fear get in the way of his actions.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Its all about dat Fi.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
now that somebody's mentioned airplanes.

if my flight is delayed i don't care. i'll go "ugh" but that's about it.
when boarding a flight, i wait until almost everyone else has
boarded before i get up and stand in line. because why stand in
a long ass queue? it's not like if i don't- i won't get the "best" seat.
it's not like i'm gonna get to my destination faster by standing in
line. all the seats are assigned anyway. besides, if i walk in last,
i won't have to use ninja-move tactics to get to my seat. getting
past all those slow people annoys me. i have a strong urge to
punch them in the back of the head as i pass them.

i call them cattle lines. and i don't want to be a part of it.

then again i dont' even know my own type anymore. i'm settled.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm the same way. Can't stand a crowd of people. And delays usually don't bother me either, except. . .

It just happened to be delayed for 6 hours, then we boarded, had to unboard, then waited another 2 hrs, boarded again, then unboarded, and then the task of collecting ski equipment in luggage, and knowing we would have to shove a boatload of equipment into a cab to get to the hotel. Had to send us by cab to an airport in the next city over, sleep in a hotel, and wait around for the next morning to leave. All while we missed out on what would have otherwise been an awesome day of powder. Sorry, I'm stilled pissed about that!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brother tests as ISTP, and to a stranger, I think it would be very hard for them to detect the differences between him and I. We can appear very similar in many ways. . . we're both easy-going, reserved people who like to have fun and joke around.

The main difference between my brother and I is he does not let emotions get in the way of his actions. One example, when we're told our flight is cancelled after hours of delays, I start to get angry with the airline employees, which really is useless in the end, but I can't help it because I feel mad. My brother also feels mad, but he remains cool and calm while dealing with the airline employees. He can control his emotion and not let it interfere with the task at hand.

Also, I notice in the ISTP forum they have a thread for ISTP one-liners, and I can totally see this with my brother. Even though we're both quiet and reserved, he seems to use even fewer words than I do when communicating. He's clear, concise, and to the point, so he doesn't need many words.

One more thing, we both love adrenaline, but he really takes it to the extreme, compared to me. He's the ultimate dare-devil. This probably has something to do with him not letting his fear get in the way of his actions.

Hope this helps.
Your brother sounds a bit like my friend. My friend is calm and collected when faced with situations like that, and he uses fewer words. However, I don't know about the 'dare devil' part and I still get a feeler vibe from him.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ISFPs have larger penises.

now, click on add 'tab' on your web browser. then go to Google , then search for istp and isfp.

good girl.
This forum is here for discussing such issues. Don't be such a dick, your T doesn't excuse it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't like crowds either. I am usually calm if my flight is delayed, except if I have a connecting flight, then I feel stressed, because I know when arriving at next airport, I'll have to rush rush rush.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Your brother sounds a bit like my friend. My friend is calm and collected when faced with situations like that, and he uses fewer words. However, I don't know about the 'dare devil' part and I still get a feeler vibe from him.
A lot of ISTP's aren't the dare devil types you read about. Generally, ISTP's are a bit bolder with words, but there are sizeable number that don't like physical risk taking. Personally, I only do it some of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts