Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8 EII-Ne
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope you can help me with this. I've been into the enneagram for some time now, but I never paid much attention to the instintual stacking. I just quickly read through them and decided I was sp/sx. Sp is obvious, but I ruled out sp/so because I don't see myself as very social or extroverted. And I don't like big groups, if groups then only with a maximum of 3-4 other people and I have to know everyone well. Otherwise it's a lot more draining than fun.

But recently I talked to my sister about this and she said that she thought I was rather a sp/so. So I looked into it a bit more, but there isn't that much to find about type specific combinations, because a sp/so 5 would probably be different from a sp/so 7.
So it would be nice if someone could explain to me the differences between a sp/so and a sp/sx 9w8.
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Well, Social isn't necessarily extroverted. And it's not necessarily about liking big groups, though they will often want to find "their people" or a place they feel they belong. They can also relate to someone one-on-one, not necessarily needing to be in a group at all though there's often an awareness of it and how individuals fit within a context or not. Some Socials can even be anti-social, feeling like they don't belong anywhere and seeing themselves outside of society but that's still focusing on it after all.

And with SpSo the social would be in support to Sp than the main focus. So then you might have a focus on bonds that bring you a sense of security for example.

I'm not sure how to describe the difference between Sp/So 9 and Sp/Sx 9 specifically though. I think typically SpSx tend to have a more "sultry" vibe because of the secondary Sx. I would rather suggest to explore each instinct in-depth to form an idea of how it looks like in each type.

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8 EII-Ne
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks. The more I think and read about it the more I think that I'm actually sp/so. I also relate to this belonging thing you mentioned. I think I just took the word 'social' too literally.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Check out oceanmoonshine's blog. It explains the different stackings for each enneagram type. This is a direct link to the various nine stacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts