Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to PersonalityCafe. I have surmised that different MBTI types must be exhibiting different love languages. All I want to know about is that how ENTPs differ with *NF*s when in love. I am an NF (I don't know which sub-type I am). I mean how do their expressions and experienes of love differ? Any insight? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! P.S.: I am more-or-less head over heels when I experience "love" (an all-encompassing, overpowering feeling). I daydream a lot about the person I "love".

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure you've got that one right... Love languages don't really have as much to do with personality type as they have to do with your upbringing, prior experience, cultural influences and personal values.

I'm definitely an NT, and I express love by showering people with affection, both verbal and physical. I love hugging, cuddling, play-fighting, teasing, sex, and intimate touching. I've met a lot of ENFP's who seem to do this as well, and also a lot of other types including INTP's, INFJ's, etc. Sometimes I write sappy love poems or paint a picture of the person I'm with, show them a garden I particularly enjoy or a song that makes me think of them. Doesn't really seem to be type specific, although it may have something to do with Ne and Fe.

·
Banned
459 Posts
I like being around my love interest, just sharing space is enough for me. If she's watching TV while I'm reading a book, it means as much to me as direct interaction. If we're lying on the couch, I like the steady weight and warmth and her heartbeat and breath, I don't need to continuously interact with her. We both get our space.

To use some dramatic imagery, let's say I prefer the role of the rock the rosebush grows on, it's always going to be there to carry the flowers above the filth and shit. My "love language", whatever that is, is just being there for folks and if needed solve tangible problems on their behalf.

Excerpt from argument some years ago, that I've thought of a lot, and it's typical of me.

"Well, I can't be exciting and on all the fucking time, that isn't me. I could do it, but I won't bother doing something not me in the long run."

"If you loved me you would!"

"I can't even... If I didn't love you, I wouldn't stand here taking this, I'd just leave."

"So why don't you!?"

"Are you deaf? Look, if you can't do without constant attention, I can't fucking give you that, so what we have has no chance. If you ever work through your attention issues, we'll talk. Until then, don't call me."

Exeunt stage left.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure you've got that one right... Love languages don't really have as much to do with personality type as they have to do with your upbringing, prior experience, cultural influences and personal values.

I'm definitely an NT, and I express love by showering people with affection, both verbal and physical. I love hugging, cuddling, play-fighting, teasing, sex, and intimate touching. I've met a lot of ENFP's who seem to do this as well, and also a lot of other types including INTP's, INFJ's, etc. Sometimes I write sappy love poems or paint a picture of the person I'm with, show them a garden I particularly enjoy or a song that makes me think of them. Doesn't really seem to be type specific, although it may have something to do with Ne and Fe.
Sup same love language buddy!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
For me, I show it through touch. Simply being with someone is not enough for me because I'm 'with' people all the time. Most of which I don't know from atom and if they died tomorrow, I could care less. I want my SO to be treated differently. At least, that's how I've rationalized it....and we all know how well rational thinking and emotions play together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts