Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to PersonalityCafe. I have surmised that different MBTI types must be exhibiting different love languages. All I want to know about is that how ENTPs differ with *NF*s when in love. I am an NF (I don't know which sub-type I am). I mean how do their expressions and experienes of love differ? Any insight? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! P.S.: I am more-or-less head over heels when I experience "love" (an all-encompassing, overpowering feeling). I daydream a lot about the person I "love".

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
I take love very seriously. I do not toss that word around like I feel so many others do. Love, to me, isn't something you play around with casually. I think that most people don't take it seriously enough.

I've said this somewhere else: If you show any amount of love for me, I will almost certainly love you ten times back. Love to me is a sacred thing, and should be treated as such. I'm frustrated at how people just throw it around all over the place, hoping that something sticks, or maybe even not hoping for it.

I find that I never have or had "crushes" where it was just a little bit of affection. Instead of having the barrage of small loves that I notice a whole lot of people my age have, I have only ever felt this feeling twice. I don't fall in or out of love easily, and it takes a long while before my affections wear off(and they've never worn off unless I was actually out of that person's presence for a long while).

Hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not ENTP, and I've never been romantically in love, but I do have very close friendships.

I am very physically affectionate. Putting love into words has always been difficult for me, and I'm not one to lavish "I love you" on somebody or give constant compliments. When I do express these things, I absolutely, 100% mean it. I find it easier to write out these feelings rather than say them, even if they're intense.

When I have a crush on someone, I become intrigued by them. I want to figure out how they work--they become a puzzle for me to observe and analyze. This is my "information gathering" stage. I am unlikely to act on visceral emotions such as crushes or attraction--I want to amass more knowledge about the person in order to determine if they're "right" for me, or if my crush is simply a passing phase. Romantic, I know. :laughing: I would just hate to spend energy forging a relationship and find out that it's not right for me.

It takes a long time for me to decide to commit, but once I do, I am loyal to the end. As a friend, I put myself out of my comfort zone to provide support. Even though I hate dealing with emotions, I offer to listen and be a shoulder to cry on. This is huge for me. It causes me anxiety, and it's very draining, but my commitment > discomfort.

I think the highest mark of my love/trust is when I cry in front of someone or expose emotional vulnerability. I'm only comfortable doing this in certain circumstances, with very few people. Hell, there's only two people I feel 100% comfortable around, and I cherish them greatly.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been a great help, Solar Storm! I tend to get head-over-heels in love. I am an *NF*. Given the info, would you able to guess which sub-type I might fall into? I'm trying to decipher my own type.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your response has been a great help, Solar Storm! I tend to get head-over-heels in love. I am an *NF*. Given the info, would you able to guess which sub-type I might fall into? I'm trying to decipher my own type.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm dating an ENTP. Every person is different, but with us I am more into PDA than him. In public around people who don't know we're together, they don't even realize we're a couple because of how un-PDA he is with me, haha. He is very physically affectionate when we're alone though.

Also I like telling family and friends every detail about what goes on with us whereas he hasn't even said anything definitive to his best friends that we're together. He thinks they have the idea from seeing us interact though it's never come up.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Your response has been a great help, Solar Storm! I tend to get head-over-heels in love. I am an *NF*. Given the info, would you able to guess which sub-type I might fall into? I'm trying to decipher my own type.
Sorry, I don't have much insight as to which type you may be. Just some advice: Work on the J vs P before the I vs E. If you are confused about the I vs E, that will take a while to figure out, especially if you are anything like me.

So, XNFPs have their first two functions being Fi(introverted feeling) and Ne(extroverted intuition), and XNFJs have their first two functions being Ni(introverted intuition) and Fe(extroverted intuition).

Ne vs Ni: http://personalitycafe.com/articles/84275-cognitive-function-ne-vs-ni.html
Fe vs Fi: http://personalitycafe.com/articles/63173-fi-vs-fe-101-a.html

The Ne/Ni article will pretty much decide for you. The post for Fe and Fi is a bit more discussion, so it might take some time looking through it to decide. If you are an NF, then you can have Ne and Fi OR Fe and Ni. You can't have Fe and Ne or Ni and Fi.

I hope this helped. :proud:

Reactions: serenityy

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks very much Legallyblonde502!
That was helpful, but one question for you - what does PDA stand for?

Take are. :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It's an all out war on love between the Idealists and the ENTPs for some reason! Quick, to the 80s!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm dating an ENTP. The biggest difference between us is how we express love to each other. We're both incredibly expressive but he's more physically expressive and I'm more verbally expressive. I'm more likely to tell him that I love him and why and he's more likely to take my hand or hug me when I'm not really expecting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts