Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you noticed in these forums between the difference in male and female INFJ's? How are we different?How are we similar?

Maybe I'm blind, but I haven't seen much differences besides the obvious biological ones. I want to know if you have.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I think males of all MBTI types are bit higher on T function and females on F function. INFJ males probably socialized with other males when younger and INFJ females socialized mostly with other females - this might be responsible for slight T/F differences.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Differences between males and females mostly seem the same to me too, but there are differences I see between people in general. Seems to be the same differences you might see in any group of people though.

What seems to be the case, to me, is that having INFJ preferences only indicates that you might, by our nature and as our default, use NiFeTiSe better than the other functions. So we might all process information similarly, and we have behaviors, likes, dislikes that are similarly defined, but the results that we drew from the information, which formed those behaviors, etc., were interpreted differently based on our environment's effect on us.

An example would be, another INFJ might like a song that I despise because that song holds a concept, stirs a feeling, or recalls a memory, that we both might appreciate, but I don't get those reactions from listening that particular song. A lot of how we act is how our brain works, cognitive functions, and another large part of it is what reality is to us, and for an INFJ what reality is to those around us.

Are there easily noticeable differences in men and women of other types? Seems like age gaps might play a larger role than sex.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with Balderdash - age seems more of a differentiator than sex. I would be curious to know if age makes a big difference in other types?

A lot of what I see INFJs here struggling with I went through (snr school was a nightmare) - I found it got a lot easier as I got older!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts