Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The approach to life changes their interaction and can create more or less problems with distancing the person from the basic fear of the type.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The approach to life changes their interaction and can create more or less problems with distancing the person from the basic fear of the type.
I guess, more specifically, I was looking more for the differences in behavior/pathology among already integrated BwA's vs already integrated BwC's
as opposed to the difference in the differences in the integration process

ex:
healthy 8w9s: gentle protectors, deeply caring and protective leaders, voices of authority and a force of stability for the weak. more overtly 2-ish (Dr. Martin Luther King Junior)
healthy 8w7s: gregarious, charismatic, use of humor to defuse tension, driven, jolly. more indirectly 2-ish, looks more 7-ish than 2-ish (Ernest Hemmingway)

Edit: the above example is a rather subjective and surface level and just for example. I'm hoping someone will be able to expand on it and give other examples (1w9 vs 1w2, 4w3 vs 4w5, etc)
also, I forgot to summon @Paradigm =)

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
It really depends on how you view this theory. Personally, I enjoy the idea (but not rule) of sharing traits with your wing--that is, a 6w7 being a little more "sevenish" than 6w5. But I also don't preclude the possibility of being "fiveish" with a w7, so it's rather flexible.

I've also come across on the theory (I enjoy this one too) that wings aren't so much an adoption of traits but the way we go about our core motivations. The example I heard is a 3w2 fulfilling his need for recognition by helping others and a 3w4 getting recognition by being "unique." (Admittedly, bad phrasing on my part, as it's deeper than that.)

I think both theories have their use. And at the end of the day, it probably doesn't matter which you use; they could be seen as pretty much the same idea.
I'd be interested to hear in any other wing theory, if anyone has some.

Now, onto the actual thread subject, I know MindHeart has touched a little bit on this. Using 1w9 as an example (remember, 1 -> 7 and 9 -> 3):
In extreme integration, the joy of seven comes in strongly, adding a sense of enthusiastic involvement in life. This combines with threeish charisma and accomplishment to build a powerful sense of self-creation and self-esteem.
Most of their descriptions mention something like this. Essentially, the wing itself integrates along with (or after?) the core type.

I'll have to actually think about it more for (longer) descriptions. Get back to you on that :p

I do think that, for most people, "wing integration" isn't that useful or even needful, but it's interesting to explore.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
It really depends on how you view this theory. Personally, I enjoy the idea (but not rule) of sharing traits with your wing--that is, a 6w7 being a little more "sevenish" than 6w5. But I also don't preclude the possibility of being "fiveish" with a w7, so it's rather flexible.

I've also come across on the theory (I enjoy this one too) that wings aren't so much an adoption of traits but the way we go about our core motivations. The example I heard is a 3w2 fulfilling his need for recognition by helping others and a 3w4 getting recognition by being "unique." (Admittedly, bad phrasing on my part, as it's deeper than that.)
What creates this divide in approaches to the core is also debatable, and it shown in my typing.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this fits well with the 8w9/8w7 example I gave

so a 7w8 would use "8-ish" means (expansive, driven, pushy, ambitious) in order to accomplish 7's objectives while a 7w6 would use "6-ish" means (finding security in others, attaining stability to aid them in their quest for pleasure and avoidance of pain? if this is correct, it would mean the wing and dominant type are similar to the instinctual stackings in this regard.

I think both theories have their use. And at the end of the day, it probably doesn't matter which you use; they could be seen as pretty much the same idea.
I'd be interested to hear in any other wing theory, if anyone has some.
personally, I think they're both somewhat correct

Now, onto the actual thread subject, I know MindHeart has touched a little bit on this. Using 1w9 as an example (remember, 1 -> 7 and 9 -> 3):
Most of their descriptions mention something like this. Essentially, the wing itself integrates along with (or after?) the core type.
I'll have to actually think about it more for (longer) descriptions. Get back to you on that :p
I do think that, for most people, "wing integration" isn't that useful or even needful, but it's interesting to explore.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@Paradigm that was a very thoughtful response. And I totally enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread. @Swordsman of Mana ...excellent thread topic.

I would think 7w8 would mean 7 using groundedness, willpower, and focus to get what they want. And, I would think 7w6 would mean 7 using strategy, troubleshooting, and commitment to get what they want.

As far as integration goes in the case of 8w7 vs 8w9....I like what Paradigm said. But, some theorist ascribe to both wings being equally present, or no wings, or leaning more towards one than another.

If the premise is true wings integrate along with the core type. Since 8 --> 2 and 7 -->5 and 9-->3.
I would imagine 8w7 integration would be a person who becomes less reactive and learns the benefit of stepping back and weighing their actions logically and becoming more acutely aware of their words and actions upon others. A person who understands that there are times when detachment is needed to reserve energy reserves. Also, a person who has learned to open their hearts to others, let down their defenses and become more comfortable with expressing their tender emotions.

I don't know enough about 8w9 to really comment on that one.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
@Paradigm that was a very thoughtful response. And I totally enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread. @Swordsman of Mana ...excellent thread topic.

I would think 7w8 would mean 7 using groundedness, willpower, and focus to get what they want. And, I would think 7w6 would mean 7 using strategy, troubleshooting, and commitment to get what they want.

As far as integration goes in the case of 8w7 vs 8w9....I like what Paradigm said. But, some theorist ascribe to both wings being equally present, or no wings, or leaning more towards one than another.

If the premise is true wings integrate along with the core type. Since 8 --> 2 and 7 -->5 and 9-->3.
I would imagine 8w7 integration would be a person who becomes less reactive and learns the benefit of stepping back and weighing their actions logically and becoming more acutely aware of their words and actions upon others. A person who understands that there are times when detachment is needed to reserve energy reserves. Also, a person who has learned to open their hearts to others, let down their defenses and become more comfortable with expressing their tender emotions.

I don't know enough about 8w9 to really comment on that one.
I like your thought process here! :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My personal view would be that it may be worth considering how there are flip sides within the wings that change which way may be the easier way to view integration. While BwA may have an easier time going up some scale, a BwC may have an easier time going down that same scale because of where the initial start is.

To work with a concrete example on this, let's consider a 1 integrating into a 7 and what would each wing add to alter how this works. 1w2 may well be more outgoing and easier at having conversations than a 1w9 that may be more reclusive. However, there is something to be said for how much of a martyr would a 1w2 be in dealing with others as that Helper side may make it all too easy to think that in making the sacrifice it is worthwhile. Meanwhile, a 1w9 may well be more principled and steady as the main differences. Instinctual variants would also color this to my mind as an so/sx or sx/so 1w2 may well be more outgoing and relationship focused than someone with either sp/so or sp/sx variants.

The other point to ponder is how would disintegrations shift for something else to consider. As in how does one get a 1w2 to be more reclusive in appearing to be like an unhealthy 4? Just something else to add in here.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My personal view would be that it may be worth considering how there are flip sides within the wings that change which way may be the easier way to view integration. While BwA may have an easier time going up some scale, a BwC may have an easier time going down that same scale because of where the initial start is.

To work with a concrete example on this, let's consider a 1 integrating into a 7 and what would each wing add to alter how this works. 1w2 may well be more outgoing and easier at having conversations than a 1w9 that may be more reclusive. However, there is something to be said for how much of a martyr would a 1w2 be in dealing with others as that Helper side may make it all too easy to think that in making the sacrifice it is worthwhile. Meanwhile, a 1w9 may well be more principled and steady as the main differences. Instinctual variants would also color this to my mind as an so/sx or sx/so 1w2 may well be more outgoing and relationship focused than someone with either sp/so or sp/sx variants.

The other point to ponder is how would disintegrations shift for something else to consider. As in how does one get a 1w2 to be more reclusive in appearing to be like an unhealthy 4? Just something else to add in here.
I would think So last 1s would probably have the easiest time integrating.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I subscribe to the idea that everyone has a bit of both wings, just with one stronger than the other. So, as integration took place, you would take on the healthy traits of both, depending on how much you relied on each wing's strategy. So, a 7w8 with a very strong 8-wing would suffer many of the same pitfalls as a core 8 would, and would consequently reap the rewards of learning to bypass the weaknesses of his chosen life strategy. A 7 with more balanced wings would use the strategies of both the 8 and the 6, suffer some of the pitfalls of each, and consequently reap the rewards that come from overcoming the weaknesses that come from using each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts