Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've probably already answered my own answer in the topic but I guess just seeing what other people have to say?
First off i've been lurking all this personality type stuff for like a month and finally decided to say something haha, so i'm not a total noob.

So i'm about to ask my question am I different from other entps but as I am about to write it I think i'm probably not but here are the few things that were confusing me (mostly from lurking forums)-

- I used to love to debate.. but now not so much for the following reasons: Common "traditional" debate topics are about politics, issues, and religion and for me after much Ne gathering as I have done in the 16 years in my life, those topics do not suit me because:

I believe 99% of politicians/governments do not care about you and will all screw you over

Everyone has their opinions on certain issues (abortion, gay rights, marijuana legalization, etc.) and around 95% of the population gets their opinions from other people without any actual investigation by themselves (making it not fun at all to debate with them) but I do enjoy conversing with someone with a different opinion than mine if they have gone through the same discussion within themselves that I normally have. I.E: most of the time i'm correct (yes seems cocky) and by debating with someone they will either shut themselves down and act pissed off, or change their opinion as quickly as they had previously, not changing the problem of most people being sheep.

And religion (I live in Texas so this is a big one) is just not intellectually stimulating at all because once again 95% of the population thinks, "that's just how it is(whether it be for religion or against it" without doing any investigation themselves, and by me trying to debate or insert an opinion that is well placed or appropriate will 70% of the time be rejected as ridiculous simply because "it is"... I mean of course God sends all people that were born muslim to hell. lmao.

Then onto the issue that some bring up about ENTPs and their suitable girls. I find many topics about how an ENTP will be impressed and be good with a girl that "intellectually" challenges them. But I beg to differ. I have many girl friends, I love girls in a masculine yet almost homo type of way. The problem being that girls that I find stimulating I would rather be friends with (the types of girls I want to go to parties with or just do something fun.) I simply do not find that attractive sexually. Like sure if something happened alright but I wouldn't "pursue" a girl like that because that just isn't as fun for me

Girls that would be fun for me sexually are girls from different backgrounds from me that I enjoy for that certain type of reason. I have never really been with a girl that is intellectually(not necessarily intelligence, just the way I think) at the same level as me, that would be incredibly weird and would only be fun for things in the previous paragraph.

All ENTP descriptions fit me almost perfectly, big challenges are incredibly stimulating whereas little ones are mundane and annoying, I easily see connections between things, dislike authority and routine, love to adapt to new situations and experience new things, love doing things just to see what will happen.

All of that may seem unimportant but now after writing it I understand the connection of why I feel I needed to write this lol.

To put it plainly I feel bored. The above things aren't fun anymore, the normal things to debate which I used to love doing are boring, "normal" things that should stimulate an ENTP seem to not work anymore. Maybe its because I started getting into philosphy and things like that at age 13 and I feel like i've understand the world enough where there just isn't more more to explore. Maybe its because I live in the suburbs of Dallas, TX and it's not my fault.

Isn't really a question but comments would be appreciated :) maybe any other entps ever//do feel the same? :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Although most descriptions will tell you otherwise, debate and a love thereof is not necessarily an integral part of ENTP-ness. None of the things you've mentioned above either prove or disprove your type. If you think you're an ENTP outside of these things, you could well be, because these are non-issues. Just the way you explain them sounds ENTP-ish, honestly.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You don't have to be a stereotype to be a type.

Intellectual ennui hits us all at times. There really is plenty more out there in the world that will interest you. I am guessing that as a bright 16 year old you are ready to start to leave your childhood behind and go and explore the world. Go you!
What you may find difficult is hanging on for another two years before you can escape.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't have to be a stereotype to be a type.

Intellectual ennui hits us all at times. There really is plenty more out there in the world that will interest you. I am guessing that as a bright 16 year old you are ready to start to leave your childhood behind and go and explore the world. Go you!
What you may find difficult is hanging on for another two years before you can escape.
Pretty much haha... just wish there were more opportunities for that now.. my girlfriend is from el salvador and is going there in a few months and invited me which almost sounds exactly what I want but in the wrong country, very dangerous

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm right there with you in the debating part. I used to debate the standard stuff (religion, politics, etc.) back when the theories and controversies were fairly new to me. Now it's like "Not this Sh!t again?!". I keep hearing the same tired old arguments over and over and over. I've grown bored of it long ago and now focus on having more fun in life rather than trying to sound smarter than someone else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm right there with you in the debating part. I used to debate the standard stuff (religion, politics, etc.) back when the theories and controversies were fairly new to me. Now it's like "Not this Sh!t again?!". I keep hearing the same tired old arguments over and over and over. I've grown bored of it long ago and now focus on having more fun in life rather than trying to sound smarter than someone else.
What do you do for stimulation? Fun? What things do you do to grow//improve?

·
Registered
733 Posts
What do you do for stimulation? Fun? What things do you do to grow//improve?

We're knowledge seekers. Always wanting to learn new things. I've majored in computer engineering, taken computer science and I.T. courses on my way there. Now I major in marketing and have gotten a bulk of the courses done and some interning so I've got a fairly solid business background. Did first aid, life guard, sports medicine, joined the military, taken motorcycle classes, salsa dancing lessons, studied theology, political science, competed in cross country & track, studied self improvement, mbti, leadership (and apply it always), feed the homeless, travel as much as I can afford, and so on.

Nothing is off limits to me. I simply want to get to know the world and enjoy it. I find that those who love to debate are the ones with less experience under them. They sit in their chairs and talk like (insert topic here) experts from what they read in the paper. I see a lot of debate here and usually don't respond to it because I can sense the lack of knowledge and experience. It's mostly all theoretical. To give everyone a good idea on how I view debate, here's a video from Good Will Hunting:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts