Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not sure why, but in my experience with people especially after knowing MBTI and typing the shit out of people, I have found the INTJ to have the widest spectrum of personality. Maybe it's me, and I haven't really honed in on the INTJ "essence" but bare with me here.

Type A: The self-righteous narcissistic asshole

Type A is brainwashed into thinking everything they say/do is absolutely infallible. Of course, no one else could have thought that shit up, because they, and they alone are genius enough to come up with it. Everyone is a minion, and everyone is disposable. Actually, the only good thing about other people is that they can grovel and offer praise. Possibly make sammiches. Other than that, waste of fucking time, and getting in the way of the all-important project.

Type B: The over-analytical existentialist

Type B lacks Type A's zeal. Pretty much hates everyone and everything, except for beer and narcotics. Is profoundly dissatisfied with life in general and the stupidity of every moving creature alive. Brain is whirring away trying to process things...but in the end, can't be bothered to communicate with anyone because they would be too stupid to understand anyway. Wants love, but thinks of themselves as too much of an emotionless shell to actually figure out how to receive it anyway. Motto: Life is shit, and then you die.

Type C: Yoda

Pretty much the wisest little shit you've met in your life that unlike Type A, actually IS infallible. Mission in life to pass on said wisdom (through possibly cruel-to-be-kind methods). Feel the need to tread lightly around these folk. Seems like you only want to know them in a professional setting, as they have no "real" personality. Would feel incredibly awkward trying to bring them anywhere banal, like a pub or shopping.

Type D: The lab rat

This person spends 100% of the time running between the lab (or computer, or video game) and possibly a food source and a bed. The project is LIFE. There is no time for social interaction, no time for talking. Unlike Type A, there is no time for narcissism. This INTJ doesn't need or want to gloat or be adored. That would just waste time. Wishes they had more people around that "understood" the project, but realizes the disparity of that thought, and goes about doing absolutely everything themselves anyway. Now, go fuck off, I'm busy.

Feel free to add your own INTJ subtypes, or correct mine (as I am sure you will).

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think there is some truth to this, but also from my experience with my INTJ bf, they do change depending on the surroundings and company. In an outgoing mood (not often) around friends, he can act somewhat like your discribed type A, when alone/annoyed, type B, and usually hanging with me around the house, type D (always on the video games lol). I have never seen the type C, but there is another (very rare) side that most people don't see, he can be silly and flirty every so often...even giving butterfly kisses :shocked: shocking, I know...witnessing this between an INTJ like him and an INTP like me may cause your head to explode :tongue:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Did I ever mention that in my experience NTPs are prone to erronously categorising that which they fail to quantify or understand? The INTJs above are all the same person; the only two variables are phase of life and stress level. You also failed to sketch the mellowing out scale that NFs tend to use insofar that INTJs are mellower individuals the older we are and/or the longer we spend around someone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
INTJs are rare and therefore generally rejected by most people when we act naturally, therefore we tend to learn while growing up to "blend in". Friends are nessisary for such things as networking, and in this way even the INTJ gets lonely to a point. A lot of us must adapt to the world around us to be taken seriously rather than simply as a critical, insensitive prick.
Put two INTJs together though, and you're likely to see some true colors.

Me for instance, I learned to mimic my ESFP sister's antics sometimes to earn a place within a group. I can play the part of a total goofball but when I'm alone I instantly sober up.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Watch your language when referring to Us!

Type A is brainwashed into thinking everything they say/do is absolutely infallible.
Brainwashed? No! We are infallible.
Of course, no one else could have thought that shit up, because they, and they alone are genius enough to come up with it.
I object! We may be smarter than most, but I am certain that there are members of some other types who rival our genius.
Everyone is a minion, and everyone is disposable.
I object. Most are minions, and many are disposable - not everyone.
Actually, the only good thing about other people is that they can grovel and offer praise.
If INTJs truly are superior, then they've no need for praise from a lowly non-INTJ.
Possibly make sammiches.
I prefer hamburgers.
Other than that, waste of fucking time, and getting in the way of the all-important project.
I disagree. If it were not for these other humans, I would have nothing to do: my main project is to understand humans.

You are going to say that I am over-analytical of this thread, aren't you?

Type B lacks Type A's zeal. Pretty much hates everyone and everything, except for beer and narcotics.
So you are saying that all Type Bs are addicts?
Is profoundly dissatisfied with life in general and the stupidity of every moving creature alive.
Well, that could be me.
Brain is whirring away trying to process things...but in the end, can be bothered to communicate with anyone because they would be too stupid to understand anyway.
I enjoy to speak on the topics I have studied; helps refresh the memory.
Wants love, but thinks of themselves as too much of an emotionless shell to actually figure out how to receive it anyway.
Close, I'll give you that much; but, still, no cigar.
Motto: Life is shit, and then you die.
Well it is, isn't it?

Pretty much the wisest little shit you've met in your life that unlike Type A, actually IS infallible.
Aw, you're too kind.
Mission in life to pass on said wisdom (through possibly cruel-to-be-kind methods). Feel the need to tread lightly around these folk. Seems like you only want to know them in a professional setting, as they have no "real" personality. Would feel incredibly awkward trying to bring them anywhere banal, like a pub or shopping.
Close; perhaps it is a cigar!?

This person spends 100% of the time running between the lab (or computer, or video game) and possibly a food source and a bed.
That could be me, but I do interact with people on a weekly basis.
The project is LIFE. There is no time for social interaction, no time for talking.
So, pretty much, a recluse.
Unlike Type A, there is no time for narcissism.
No time for narcissism!?! How can the live!?!
This INTJ doesn't need or want to gloat or be adored. That would just waste time.
Well, that's true.
Wishes they had more people around that "understood" the project, but realizes the disparity of that thought, and goes about doing absolutely everything themselves anyway. Now, go fuck off, I'm busy.
Each of your four Types have one section to which I identify. This and the first sentence are the ones for Type D.

Feel free to add your own INTJ subtypes, or correct mine (as I am sure you will).
I'm sure that what I've already written is good enough.

I'd say I'm C, with a bit of each (primarily A).

·
Registered
101 Posts
InvisibleJim is right in that the different types all sound like they could be one INTJ in different situations.

Perhaps your observations of INTJs have simply occurred in a limited environment for each individual subject?

At it's core, these all sound like people whom strongly wish to make sense of the world around them.<That probably applies to NTs in general though..

One could say that some INTJs will fall into one of these types more frequently than others, but it's still a shaky claim with nothing much to hold it up...
I know! You could do some field research! Yay research!:happy:

Oh, and I just remembered: Yesterday I exhibited some type A tendencies when someone made a comment that offensively generalized a sex characteristic. I like to think that I am not often type A, so perhaps type A tendencies are triggered by particular opinions which an INTJ considers ignorant.

Also, though INTJ has a strong sense of individualism, I think that existentialism is too narrow of a category to lump all INTJs into, as many of us are big fans of opposing philosophies.

Reactions: Squirt and lirulin

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know! You could do some field research! Yay research!:happy:
OMFG totally!

...Now I just need to sift through the "Where the hell do you find INTJ's" thread.

So far, I have got:
- library
-lab
-home
-on the street in commute to/from said places

:p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did I ever mention that in my experience NTPs are prone to erronously categorising that which they fail to quantify or understand
Oh, Jimbo, you know us too well. Also, I already clarified for this in my original post, just to cover my ass about this.

That and we only "erroneously categorize" shit cuz a) it's quick and dirty (and done dirt cheap), b) it's a troll tactic that is sure to piss somebody off, and it's fun to watch them get flustered, c) it's all a big laugh anyway (but many a truth is said in jest...)

Reactions: dagdraumur

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Reactions: Squirt

·
Registered
86 Posts
PLEASE tell me which type you think I am! (Don't say "A" just because I'm curious about how I come across to others. The curiosity is personal, but we all have personal inquiries now and then).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Consistent with most other responses, I can see a little bit of each of the 4 types of INTJs Sin listed in myself. Probably lean more towards Type D and farthest from Type A.

Someone else said it better already in this thread, but I would venture guessing that spending considerably more time with individual INTJ's would probably reveal parts of all types.

The problem with that though is that I seriously doubt I would ever invite you in my home, I also work from my home office, and the public library is next door. Running into me is akin to a major celestial event.

Interesting study though. Good luck.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,850 Posts
I don't think any of them fully embody me. Even on a good/bad day.

I'm an enneagram 9....maybe that is the reason? *shrugs*

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I am not sure why, but in my experience with people especially after knowing MBTI and typing the shit out of people, I have found the INTJ to have the widest spectrum of personality. Maybe it's me, and I haven't really honed in on the INTJ "essence" but bare with me here.

Type A is brainwashed into thinking everything they say/do is absolutely infallible. Of course, no one else could have thought that shit up, because they, and they alone are genius enough to come up with it. Everyone is a minion, and everyone is disposable. Actually, the only good thing about other people is that they can grovel and offer praise. Possibly make sammiches. Other than that, waste of fucking time, and getting in the way of the all-important project.

Type B lacks Type A's zeal. Pretty much hates everyone and everything, except for beer and narcotics. Is profoundly dissatisfied with life in general and the stupidity of every moving creature alive. Brain is whirring away trying to process things...but in the end, can't be bothered to communicate with anyone because they would be too stupid to understand anyway. Wants love, but thinks of themselves as too much of an emotionless shell to actually figure out how to receive it anyway. Motto: Life is shit, and then you die.

Pretty much the wisest little shit you've met in your life that unlike Type A, actually IS infallible. Mission in life to pass on said wisdom (through possibly cruel-to-be-kind methods). Feel the need to tread lightly around these folk. Seems like you only want to know them in a professional setting, as they have no "real" personality. Would feel incredibly awkward trying to bring them anywhere banal, like a pub or shopping.

This person spends 100% of the time running between the lab (or computer, or video game) and possibly a food source and a bed. The project is LIFE. There is no time for social interaction, no time for talking. Unlike Type A, there is no time for narcissism. This INTJ doesn't need or want to gloat or be adored. That would just waste time. Wishes they had more people around that "understood" the project, but realizes the disparity of that thought, and goes about doing absolutely everything themselves anyway. Now, go fuck off, I'm busy.

Why are they all so negative?

You are an ENTP, that's for sure. So convinced of your own logic which I like except when I don't agree with it because changing an ENTP's mind is almost impossible in my (limited) experience with ENTP's. The main thing is that you guys hold on to certain believes which in no way what so ever will change. It's so blocking your ability to grow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quite accurate.
However, where do people find these "self-righteous narcissistic asshole-INTJs"? Many, mostly feeling, types are born much more that way. Instead, INTJs are the most selfless and workacholic people I've met. Arrogant and proud, perhaps, but not fucking NARCISSISTS, like, with a mirror, you know, blonde. naked.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Like!! Totally relatable and accurate! I am a mix between B and C. Basically C to the core and as my philosophy of life, but become B-ish when upset, and because of my depression, which is caused by my dissatisfaction about not understanding enough about the inner workings of the universe.
But this post made me reflect and shake my ass out of this B-ish mindset. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts