Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as Jung used to differentiate briefly between hierarchy of one over another; the dominant is in full conscious control and beyond there we begin to drift and lose grip. It's not a slip up zone. A liquid sort of, comfortable state. The further away we get from it the more uncomfortable and unnatural we become. So I think to differentiate, emotions are key. The same sort of gut emotions we feel when we know an answer to something and vs when we know we don't. The feeling of something starting vs feeling when something ends, something that helps us distinguish and create that border. And by feeling I clearly don't really mean happy, sad etc, but just ...awareness of a difference between two states.

And it's a vague sort of exercise, but with that in mind try to plug in these few certain states. What situation comes first to mind for each (without really taking your cognitive functions into consideration as much and possibly trying to fill them in later to see how they might tie).

1) State of flow. Something which always seemed natural. An ex: ability that never really seems to have been learned or practices but was always possible. It's right in the middle where doing it isn't too challenging but just stimulating enough to keep you interested every time it is involved

2) Focus of growth Something (a trait, ability, etc) you can do but seemed to flourish. An aspect you saw significantly and obviously mature as you aged. It might very well seem so natural that it could trick others into thinking it is though it involved conscious effort to develop in the first place. If anything I would think it might be the "prized trait/ability" in a sense.

3) Slip up zone. There is a notable distance. It isn't a trait/ability/etc you feel is really 'yours'. It might feel like something you're 'dragged into' either because of circumstances, work, interactions etc. Or it might even be something you really admire and wish you were capable of doing as smoothly. An area you tend to 'slip up on' and lose grip of. A frustration point (but note: NOT something that is hated. Just unnatural.)

What scenarios come to mind (trying to keep it separate from cognitive functions as primary focus)

Reactions: Recede
1 - 1 of 1 Posts