Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well in all honesty, I only know three other ISTP's, and the ones I've met on this forum. But the ones I've met in person I've classified into two groups that I've designated an animal to help illustrate my point:

The bears - the quiet, gentle giants (assuming a bear is gentle). They might play football, or soccer, or any typical sport, and be satisfied at that. They also do better in school than the others. Very easy going, seek a leisurely life. Avoid dealing with conflict.

The panthers - Sleek, silent, deadly, heroic, cold appearance, terribly turned off by school, into leisurely yet risky sports. Risk takers, actively seek an exciting life. Put more forethought into their actions. Goofy, takes nothing seriously, most outgoing of ISTP's, holds the greatest lack of caring for what the public thinks of them.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: I think I'm going to combine the last two, because I feel I fit into both of those as well.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Then I guess I'm somthing of a banther monkey...

Kind of gentle, was good in school, easy going, but hate football and soccer immensely. I put forethought in my action and like leisurely, risky sports, and when I'm in a social mood, I'm pretty goofy and outgoing, to the point that people who don't know me can think I'm an extrovert.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think anybody would mistaken me for an extrovert.

Though I wouldn't say that the other two types don't fit me, the description of the bear would fit me best, but I wasn't really good at school. I did okay, but certainly could've been much better if I had put in any effort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally, I love high pressure super intense situations. I've never thought that traditional schools were worth the immense effort that they require, When i had a test i would wait till the last day because i felt comfortable and confident that i would be able to finish the project in the 3-4 hours i had to do it and i did. I'm very easy going over all, and i take no thought whatsoever into what people think of me. I've always enjoyed taking risks, it's always excited me a ton. personally when i see there is drama between me and someone else i am very confrontational. To me i think that it would be fake of me not to confront people i have issues with. It's not that i avoid conflict, there just naturally isn't any for me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yay, another old thread. With the OP Banned no less. You necromancers just frustrate me when you revive zombies.
Just pretend that it's not there and it will go away.

I would say I have characteristics of both, leaning slightly towards the cat. I go through phases where I think it would be great to live a simple, leisurely lifestyle. Then I snap out of it and realize I like risky behavior and excitement too much.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
bear sounds like socionics SLI istp (delta)
panther could be socionics LSI or SLE istp (beta)

looks like our banned buddy was onto something, even before he found out about socionics.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I clicked on this thread hoping to find out about LSI-Ti vs. LSI-Se. Alas, no luck. I think that's more what he was describing, though, potentially.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's funny you classify one as a panther. I've heard my friends say multiple times that I would be a panther if I was a animal.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I wasn't the one to ban him and I can't remember what it was all about.
It was me since in actuality I am apart of PersonalityCafe's Undercover Task Force! :cool:
(This response will explode in 10 seconds)

Well in all honesty, I only know three other ISTP's, and the ones I've met on this forum. But the ones I've met in person I've classified into two groups that I've designated an animal to help illustrate my point:

The bears - the quiet, gentle giants (assuming a bear is gentle). They might play football, or soccer, or any typical sport, and be satisfied at that. They also do better in school than the others. Very easy going, seek a leisurely life. Avoid dealing with conflict.

The panthers - Sleek, silent, deadly, heroic, cold appearance, terribly turned off by school, into leisurely yet risky sports. Risk takers, actively seek an exciting life. Put more forethought into their actions. Goofy, takes nothing seriously, most outgoing of ISTP's, holds the greatest lack of caring for what the public thinks of them.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: I think I'm going to combine the last two, because I feel I fit into both of those as well.

I wish to be a Bear-Panther if possible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts