Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I haven't watched a movie or show or read a story based book in years. Its to the point where I am way off about what movies everyone is talking about.

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
It depends on the series, though happens a lot to me lately too so i m not much into watching anything because i feel like ve just watched everything of the same kind and know how most storylines unfold.
There are some series though who got mind games and are unpredictable enough for me to watch them.

Game of thornes was like that until season 6 when it became predictable as hell... probably the script reacted too much to the fun base and lost its mystery.

Peaky blinders was the last series i watched around 2-3 months ago and i ejoyed it fully. Much mind games, much abstract ideas, much killing, much dark way of living through manipulation and such. It was much success in general one of the best ive watched.

And now im stuck with nothing :( interesting to try.

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
lol this snl clip about game of thrones is exactly the type of thing I was talking about

even way back when they introduced the white walkers I remember thinking "oh so everyone they kill in this show they will be able to bring back as ice zombies" and in the previous episodes this season they talked about using the red woman's magic so it was pretty obvious that they were going to bring john snow back to life and rather than do it quickly they dragged it out for a whole episode

Overall I love game of thrones... but there has been some episodes/plot points that have been painfully predictable and dragged out. Like that episode where Khaleesi traded the guy her dragons to free the slaves ...not only was that predictable and dragged out, but seemed unrealistic that anyone would be that stupid. I was really annoyed by that episode.
It was going well untill they decided to make the show more appealing to its fans. As a result they made it worse by killing its twists.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a feeling I must say I don't quite connect with. I find that the media I consume must be:
~Cerebral. I like to wonder what is happening. Make my own theories. Play with possible futures, and see what kind of emotions it creates inside my mind.
~Intelligent. I really dislike any show or movie that just lacks any kind of "Intelligence". A movie that just exists to exist. It has characters, and even a plot(!). Then, it starts to go into each character's boring routines, nothing makes any connection to previous information, and next thing you know, I'm half asleep or thinking about what I will eat for breakfast tomorrow.
~Emotional (?). This one is spur of the moment. I know, an INTP saying that emotions matter in the media he consumes, Ohmygoodness! But, I'll be honest for a second. There are a few emotions that emerge within the greatest pieces of both non-fiction and fiction that seem to resonate with me at a very basic level. I lack a concrete understanding of the way emotions flow throughout those around me, and when I have a moment of clarity while watching some form of media that allows me to make those "strange" connections..it almost excites me. It's an unknown feeling, one I don't understand. And when the experience is over, it's almost disappointing. Because a lot of those "emotions" I won't feel again until I consume some more media similar to it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's why I hate movies actually. They're rushed and dragged out at the same time. What gets me is how a movie is typically a one time, hour-and-a-half long thing, increasing its need for unique plot lines and reduced jaw flapping, but yet so many of them share the same regurgitated stories with slightly different faces and timing.

TV sometimes has this problem and I can be hypercritical of some shows, but I like TV and watch a lot of it. For the most part, shows and books take advantage of the opportunity for plot and character development.

·
Registered
569 Posts
~Emotional (?). This one is spur of the moment. I know, an INTP saying that emotions matter in the media he consumes, Ohmygoodness! But, I'll be honest for a second. There are a few emotions that emerge within the greatest pieces of both non-fiction and fiction that seem to resonate with me at a very basic level. I lack a concrete understanding of the way emotions flow throughout those around me, and when I have a moment of clarity while watching some form of media that allows me to make those "strange" connections..it almost excites me. It's an unknown feeling, one I don't understand. And when the experience is over, it's almost disappointing. Because a lot of those "emotions" I won't feel again until I consume some more media similar to it.
That's something I resonate with too. For awhile I thought I was an IxFP because I liked shows that let me experience this, but ultimately it was because a lot of those emotions I didn't understand in others (or myself) and I only really started to feel/understand when I watched situations unfold (provided they're good actors w/ reasonable plots too). I'll often rewatch things just to digest the full context of everything said, done, and even how scenes were set up leading up to especially emotional moments.

Inferior Fe, duuuuuude.

hang-on-dude.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts