Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I joined this forum after many unsuccessful attempts to determine my type.I hope that you guys can give me some useful tips because I really need to know.

I had a messed up childhood and was always very shy so I never had many friends and opportunities to try new things.People were always very protective of me because of things I've been through.I never had a chance to learn who I am.I have always played different roles in different situations and identified with those roles at that particular surrounding, but if you put me in an empty room for a while I couldn't tell you anything about myself.But on second thought, part of me is actually scared I would still exist but not in a way I'd like to.I'm overanalysing when I get bored (often) and end up not being sure if even my thoughts are true.My MBTI results are always very different.For example, few months ago I wanted to be INTJ or ENTJ because they seemed cool so I answered questions in a way that would give me wanted results.I wasn't really lying, but stretching the truth.Now I'm aware that those two definitely don't make any sense for me.I also tend to answer differently depending on my mood and other's comments, like I'm answering from their perspective.Don't tell me to try with functions because they are even more difficult than test.

Is it possible that I just can't type myself?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a great taste in music.I just hope that you don't relate to Electra as much as I do because it can be difficult at times.And I already answered two questionnaires, one for mbti and other for enneagram.Could you please check them out?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You have a great taste in music.I just hope that you don't relate to Electra as much as I do because it can be difficult at times.And I already answered two questionnaires, one for mbti and other for enneagram.Could you please check them out?
I appreciate it! I don't, but I do relate very strongly to a lot of songs on TFJ; Are You Satisfied? and Numb spring to mind.

It would have helped if you had provided a link, but I found one of your questionnaires by going through your quotes.

I can't post links and images yet.Besides, it's not really about image itself, but my view on it.I picked the colorful, closeup flower one simply because it caught my attention with it's vibrant colors.It just stayed in my mind after I kept scrolling on and I didn't feel like waiting for all of them to appear.
Very Se-oriented.

I'd probably whine so they can convince me to go.I'd be very excited,too excited maybe but I would probably be disappointed once I got there.I mean, it all depends.If I met the musician or turned out to be life of the party, I'd be extremely happy to ne there.
Implies extroversion.

I'd probably ignore it or try to deny it/explain differently.I also tend to believe things that I know aren't true normally but I consider them true for my case or think they should be accepted by more people.
Possible Fi?

I view most common values as weaknesses.
More possible Fi.

I'm not sure.I'm gonna go with type of thing I always liked, even as a child.I love talking about my problems and dreams to as many people as possible but I control myself.I like gossip, shopping and being pampered.I always LOVED going ANYWHERE where there's bunch of things going on, like fairs ,but I don't attend such places often.It also energizes me being alone if I'm watching something good on TV or surfing the internet, but I get depressed if I'm alone with my thoughs.I was always nervous during weekends as a child.
Definitely an extrovert.

Not doing anything or doing really hard mental or physical work.
Probably not an intuitive, then.

I'm not sure.I sometimes lose myself in my behaviour.I'm trying to come off as something different in different groups of prople.In school I was always a shy, dreamy girl but now I'm leaning closer to cold and arrogant and teachers see me as polite, smart and trustworthy. At home I'm very relaxed, self confident and witty.With grandmothers I act like a spoiled child.
I can see why you relate so much to Electra.

Honestly, you seem like an ESFP with a strong connection to Enneagram types 3 and 4, and I see a lot of things pointing to Borderline and Histrionic tendencies, which could be why it's hard for you to type yourself. I'm not a psychologist, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Darkbloom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts