Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definition - What does Digital Native mean?A digital native is an individual who was born after the widespread adoption of digital technology. The term digital native doesn't refer to a particular generation. Instead, it is a catch-all category for children who have grown up using technology like the Internet, computers and mobile devices. This exposure to technology in the early years is believed to give digital natives a greater familiarity withand understanding of technology than people who were born before it was widespread.

Another way of looking at generations... or is it all a myth?

Definition - What does Digital Immigrant mean?A digital immigrant is an individual who was born before the widespread adoption of digital technology. The term digital immigrant may also apply to individuals who were born after the spread of digital technology and who were not exposed to it at an early age. Digital immigrants are the opposite of digital natives, who have been interacting with technology from childhood.

Are You a Digital Alien, Digital Immigrant, or Digital Native? ...Marketing to the Digital WHO...

Original Article - Written by a teacher about how Digital Immigrants have to learn how to teach Digital Natives.

Digital Natives are a Myth

DiDefinition - What does Digital Native mean?A digital native is an individual who was born after the widespread adoption of digital technology. The term digital native doesn't refer to a particular generation. Instead, it is a catch-all category for children who have grown up using technology like the Internet, computers and mobile devices. This exposure to technology in the early years is believed to give digital natives a greater familiarity withand understanding of technology than people who were born before it was widespread.

So what do you all think? Technically, I'm a Digital Immigrant, but in this context, I think GenX is the one generation that comes out as somehow in between Immigrant and Native. I lived 10 years before the Digital Age really came to be. I was there right at the beginning. I was about 22 before I ever got online.

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
I'm a digital ass hole:laughing:
this whole labeling of when people were born really needs to stop
I don't consider myself as a baby boomer
I consider myself as a 55 y/o human

but for the sake of argument I'm analog

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
I'm a digital ass hole:laughing:
this whole labeling of when people were born really needs to stop
I don't consider myself as a baby boomer
I consider myself as a 55 y/o human

but for the sake of argument I'm analog
I consider myself 537538258 years old, despite just starting highschool!

I don't know why I typed this...

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Reactions: Rainbowz

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts