Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think/feel it is inappropriate for men to role-play female characters, emulate females, or to use female images to depict themselves on the internet? So long as they are completely transparent and honest about their real gender identity when asked, or even should it become apparent that this information ought to be divulged to a concerning party, do you think/feel this makes such behavior acceptable, or is it still unacceptable?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't think it matters if guys roleplay as females online, assuming they're not doing it for some nefarious purpose. If they just want to have a female online persona, that's fine, but if they're doing it to get money or troll people... eh...

Basically, let them express themselves, but they shouldn't be intentionally misleading anyone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
personally, its a little weird to me, but that's because I like to be honest...but by all means be a pretend girl.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If they're just doing it because they like doing it, I don't see any issue. Heck, I sometimes play female characters on games and such. For various reasons, depending on the game. But if someone asks me, I would never say I'm female.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That sounds creepy to me...But if it's like a guy who always wants to be a girl, then it's fine with me. If it's for stalking purpose or whatsoever, I can't accept this entirely because it's similar to faking a person's identity. Though other users have no explicit ways to find that out so the cost of faking is nearly neligible, this is still a bit inappopriate because it is not very different from lying. I do understand some people think it's out of fun or just find a way to escape the reality. But not the best way, just like using drugs to forget about yourself temporarily.

I'm actually a bit confused about the question. If one chooses to role play or depict onself to be a different gender, by what incentive does he want to disclose his true identity?

Sorry if I offend some of the people here :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,187 Posts
What if somebody who's biologically male identifies himself as transgender, but the sites he frequents don't have a 'gender neutral' option, and he doesn't believe he's 'role-playing' or 'emulating' females? If he feels he's being more honest by identifying with the 'opposite' sex, whose 'truth' and what 'truth' is more important?

·
Registered
163 Posts
@Morpheus83

I think the most important thing is to be consistent the online identity with who you really identity youself is. Even biologically that a transexual maybe a girl but identifies oneself to be a boy, so that person should be regarded as a boy because that what she chooses to be. Due to the ambiguity, it's hard to tell someone who was just met. But more important is one should tell the others when they become close enough.

·
Registered
525 Posts
On line games? When I saw the name of this topic, i thought, that it would be about my neverending confusion when men uses female picture in his avatar here and I considere him woman since. :) Please dont confuse me. :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. Its not something I would enjoy doing personally but if you ask me why not I would not be able to give you a good answer.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think it's wrong if there doing it for the wrong reasons, but other then that, is fines with me. I mean I've roleplayed a girl before, did it to try something new was tired of playing a male and being beat to a pulp @[email protected] found out being female just got you hit on in a different aspect, I did however keep my sexual preference lmao I was a Lesbian. Don't understand why people think it would be wrong, its fun to try something different XD I also roleplayed a double-head, double gendered person I made up on my own, male head on one side and female on the back of his head or vise versa, male was ENFP and female INFP lmao they didn't get along XD

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If they're just doing it because they like doing it, I don't see any issue. Heck, I sometimes play female characters on games and such. For various reasons, depending on the game. But if someone asks me, I would never say I'm female.
Ha I once roleplayed a woman and told someone I was a woman, only because he never asked specifically if I was a woman in real life or in game lmao, the specifics go long ways with me, if I can find a loop hole to jump through, sometimes I will take it for the fun of it XD Don't see it being harmful, unless your taking advantage of him some how oO

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Nope, nope, and nope. I have never given it a moment's thought. I even try to sing like Billie Holiday sometimes. I'm not very good at it, by the way. :tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts